Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combo League Results plus table - 26th Dec 2016

Combo Results
Monday 26th December
Carharrack (Ed Wilton 3, Glen Patterson, Adam Stephens) 5-3 St Day (Gavin Boon, Luke Leah, Luke Hart)
Att- 103
Falmouth Town Reserves (OG) 1-3 Perranwell (Matt Read, Phil Rees, Dan Ferris)
Att- 52
Goonhavern Athletic (Tony Chapman) 1-5 St Agnes (Matt Roberts 3, Luke Wort 2)
Att- 61
Hayle (Kain Hooper) 1-3 Ludgvan (Gerens James 2, Ryan Holland)
Att- 85
Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts) 1-1 Mullion (Marcus Smith)
Att- 40
Porthleven Reserves (Fraser Patterson) 1-1 Helston Athletic Reserves (Jamie Thirkle)
Att- 155
Redruth United (Jake Williams 2, Chris Dower 2, Scott Thomas, Sam Bradley) 6-1 Illogan RBL Reserves (Simon Ellis) 
Att- 45

At 26th Dec 2016
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 CARHARRACK 20 15 3 1 76 21 55 53*
2 ST IVES TOWN 18 14 3 1 83 18 65 45
3 LUDGVAN 18 14 3 1 57 15 42 45
4 HELSTON 24 14 2 8 80 36 44 44
5 ST AGNES 18 13 1 4 76 29 47 40
6 ST JUST 17 9 3 5 47 39 8 30
7 ST DAY 18 9 1 8 54 45 9 28
8 REDRUTH 19 8 2 9 34 35 -1 26
9 PERRANWELL 20 7 3 10 36 38 -2 26*
10 PORTHLEVEN 20 8 2 10 37 44 -7 26
11 HAYLE 19 8 2 9 45 54 -9 26
12 GOONHAVERN 18 8 1 9 35 40 -5 25
13 HOLMAN 19 7 3 9 35 47 -12 24
14 MULLION 21 6 5 10 22 45 -23 22*
15 PERRANPORTH 18 6 1 11 29 57 -28 19
16 ILLOGAN 18 6 1 11 34 64 -30 18*
17 FALMOUTH 23 6 0 17 28 80 -52 18
18 PENRYN 20 4 4 12 28 46 -18 16
19 CULDROSE 14 4 0 10 27 43 -16 12
20 NEWQUAY 20 2 4 14 18 86 -67 -5

17 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Was not there but Redruth United 6 Illogan res. 1

Caught the first half of this one which was goals galore! Redruth clinical infront of goal and illogan very poor, sluggish and the midfield looked like they'd had too much Xmas pudding!

then made the short and quick trip to watch illogan v penryn swpl west game, well second half obviously, missed both goals as they were in the first half and overall a disappointing lack lustre performance from both teams in the second half, right up until the last 5 mins when things started to heat up but soon fizzled out! Pitch was extremely bobbly is this council owned? 

Falmouth Town 1-3 Perranwell

A rather scrappy affair at Bickland Park on Boxing Day, in a game which, to be fair, Perranwell never really looked like losing.

The 'well right wing back caused all sorts of problems for the Town left hand side particularly the young full back. The wing back was certainly my man of the match. The first goal came after a delightful through ball in the right hand channel was slotted away calmly from the young lad up top.

Perranwell got their second after some confusion in the box allowed the ball to be bundled home, but Falmouth's hopes were restored when Ben Kellow's cross from the left hand side was caught by the Perranwell keeper before being dropped into his own goal.

Perranwell killed the game with a goal that was seemingly offside but the Town linesman raised his flag so late that the referee didn't believe him and Perranwell left with a deserved three points.

Reasonably officiated in a game that Town will want to quickly put behind them.

Perranwell's shape seemed to work incredibly well, the wing backs worked tirelessly and were rewarded for their efforts and it allowed Perranwell to complete outnumber Retchy and Ben Richardson in Town's midfield.

Cracking game at Carharrack yesterday for the local derby against St Day. I'm really starting to enjoy going down to the ground when I haven't got a game. Yesterday was a proper derby played in good competitive spirits on the pitch. A few meaty challenges which is to be expected, otherwise it wouldn't be a proper derby day. The only thing I didn't like is the antics from both benches at times yesterday, in particular Carharrack's. But aside from that it was an enjoyable morning/early afternoon. The Carharrack red card was correct but I also felt the referee could've sent off 2 St Day players. Absolute bargain for £2, highly recommend going to anyone considering it.

1 hour ago, JENGLE said:

Cracking game at Carharrack yesterday for the local derby against St Day. I'm really starting to enjoy going down to the ground when I haven't got a game. Yesterday was a proper derby played in good competitive spirits on the pitch. A few meaty challenges which is to be expected, otherwise it wouldn't be a proper derby day. The only thing I didn't like is the antics from both benches at times yesterday, in particular Carharrack's. But aside from that it was an enjoyable morning/early afternoon. The Carharrack red card was correct but I also felt the referee could've sent off 2 St Day players. Absolute bargain for £2, highly recommend going to anyone considering it.

Agree it was a very good competitive derby, I can see why the carharrack player got sent off but thought it was a soft one. Ref had a good game in my eyes, wasn't alway going to get everything right. Not sure about st.day having two red cards though, a few late tackles which the ref gave yellows for.

Very competitive indeed. I think the Carharrack sending off was correct, or at least the second yellow card was anyway. I couldn't quite see or hear what happened for the first yellow card, but I'm guessing it must've been for dissent towards the referee. On that note I thought the referee had a very good game. Andrew McKnight was it? Never heard or seen him referee before, but he didn't get much wrong. Chris Dobson for St Day should've got sent off, or at least I think it was him anyway, as much as I like the lad. He got booked and could've had a couple more after that. And the other St Day player who definitely should've gone was one of their players for the reaction shown towards Richard Chown once he had flagged a player offside, who had scored a goal. Couldn't see his number but it definitely didn't warrant that reaction, offside or not.

Sounds like I missed a real dinger at Carharrack! Couldn't be helped, such is life. The attendance would have been the envy of a few teams in Step 4! Well done to everyone concerned. I'm planning to be there this Saturday but I can't expect it to be like a St Day match! Happy New Year to all.

5 hours ago, JENGLE said:

Very competitive indeed. I think the Carharrack sending off was correct, or at least the second yellow card was anyway. I couldn't quite see or hear what happened for the first yellow card, but I'm guessing it must've been for dissent towards the referee. On that note I thought the referee had a very good game. Andrew McKnight was it? Never heard or seen him referee before, but he didn't get much wrong. Chris Dobson for St Day should've got sent off, or at least I think it was him anyway, as much as I like the lad. He got booked and could've had a couple more after that. And the other St Day player who definitely should've gone was one of their players for the reaction shown towards Richard Chown once he had flagged a player offside, who had scored a goal. Couldn't see his number but it definitely didn't warrant that reaction, offside or not.

Dobson put one late tackle in which he got booked for, apart from that I didn't see anything else he done that would get a second yellow. As for the st.day player who went over to the linesman yes he shouldn't has argued so much but when you believe that the linesman has just cheated you are going to get frustrated. I was told by neutrals who where in line on the bank that when the ball was played over the st.day player was behind the fullback, it's a derby passion was high. What did the player say to the linesman that should have got him sent off?

1 minute ago, willy7 said:

Dobson put one late tackle in which he got booked for, apart from that I didn't see anything else he done that would get a second yellow. As for the st.day player who went over to the linesman yes he shouldn't has argued so much but when you believe that the linesman has just cheated you are going to get frustrated. I was told by neutrals who where in line on the bank that when the ball was played over the st.day player was behind the fullback, it's a derby passion was high. What did the player say to the linesman that should have got him sent off?

You don't think that there would be a reaction when you have just scored to make it 4:4 then to have it ruled out!

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

Andy Mcknight. One of the best referees in the league and the one above as well 

Darren he was very good in a hard game to ref.

I have to agree with willy7 here. It was a tough game to referee. Numerous people, myself included, saw a st day player, at least 3 yards, onside, run past his marker to finish well, only to be wrongly ruled out by the catharrack chairman/linesman. And yes, st day players were aggrieved, one in particular, who was then confronted by the linesman, squaring up to him, in an offensive manner! 

Jengle, did not mention carharrack's opener which was punched into to net, for 1-0, he also did not mention the rugby tackle from the carharrack skipper, who was the last man, denying a clear goalscoring opportunity. 

I think the ref dealt with most things, really well, maybe a potential booking missed, resulting in a 2nd yellow, to a certain carharrack player. On a heavy, slippery pitch, the ref used common sense, to good effect. A good local derby, where a draw would have been a fair reflection.

we aren't lucky enough to have 3 neutral officials at that level, so we have to take what we can get, and the majority, do a good/fair job.

At least the match went ahead and gave everybody value for money and something to talk about

Tom, it was a cracking game. Thoroughly enjoyed it. So credit must go to both teams, in particular St Day for making it a contest. I mention St Day because they are lower than Carharrack in the table. And for them to run Carharrack so close, derby or not, is an achievement in itself.

willy7, he could've got booked for a couple of extra fouls. Nothing too major but on another day could've warranted a caution, particularly if he hadn't been booked already. Although fair play to the referee for not giving that second yellow, he may well have taken the derby/rivalry in to account and the fact that passion was high and St Day were chasing the game. So I can see why he didn't go. I don't know if the St Day player said anything to Richard Chown, as I wasn't close enough to hear. But he ran quite a distance to remonstrate and go head to head with him. Whether that is a neutral linesman or not, he shouldn't have done it. Again, whether passion was running high he shouldn't have done it. A neutral linesman and he would've been yellow carded, possibly red depending on certain factors. But yes, as you rightly said I thought the referee had a top class game. For a derby he controlled it very well, from what I saw anyway.

winston, I couldn't see from where I was whether the player was onside or not. I believe it was Luke Leah? A real shame then if he was onside as that would've made it 4-4, leaving the last few minutes in the balance. And it could've gone either way. As for the Carharrack opener, I didn't see that as I missed the first 5 minutes or so, meaning I can't comment on that. And I must've also missed this rugby tackle by the Carharrack skipper, so again can't comment on that. I agree with what you are saying regarding the referee and result. He had a very good game and didn't miss much, if anything, at all. I think if it was a draw neither team could've or would've complained. I don't complain about having neutral officials, as like you said most do a good job and do it as fairly and as honestly as possible. And without them and the referee, there would be no game. The match went ahead and both teams put on a real show. I shall be going to watch both before the season is out.

Willow Tree, he must be one of the tallest, if not the tallest. He was huge.

Football is all about opinions.  Last week it was one goal and no yellows. This week saw 8 goals, a penalty, countless yellows and a red card. It was a lively affair and the crowd certainly got value for money. Spent most of the morning hand painting the lines as they had washed away to get the game on. 

Doesnt really matter what the player said, the player was in the heat of the moment, the referee dealt with it with a card, whistle blown for full time, we move on.  I've had to deal with people putting guns to my head so not really bothered about people shouting a few obsentities at football.  Referees try their best along with the likes of myself who help assist on weekends as volunteers.  We are not robots. Some weeks you might even get some praise from the opposition supporters. People behind me said I got it right at the time so we will have to agree to disagree. People see games in different lights as you can see from above.  We go onto the weekend whoever it may be.

That's the beauty of this forum Richard, the opportunity to discuss and debate key decisions from games many people have watched. The crowd got more than value for money in my opinion. I would've happily paid more than £2 if I had known the game was going to be that lively and interesting to watch. Going to be an interesting run in for Carharrack. And it'll be interesting to see how the Senior Cup goes for you guys. Although am I right in saying you can't go up if you win the league?

7 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

Football is all about opinions.  Last week it was one goal and no yellows. This week saw 8 goals, a penalty, countless yellows and a red card. It was a lively affair and the crowd certainly got value for money. Spent most of the morning hand painting the lines as they had washed away to get the game on. 

Doesnt really matter what the player said, the player was in the heat of the moment, the referee dealt with it with a card, whistle blown for full time, we move on.  I've had to deal with people putting guns to my head so not really bothered about people shouting a few obsentities at football.  Referees try their best along with the likes of myself who help assist on weekends as volunteers.  We are not robots. Some weeks you might even get some praise from the opposition supporters. People behind me said I got it right at the time so we will have to agree to disagree. People see games in different lights as you can see from above.  We go onto the weekend whoever it may be.

Who was behind you richard, a frog or a squirrel? The swamp and woods where behind you.No humans

13 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

This tells me all I need to know, about the integrity or lack of, from the carharrack linesman. There was no person within 30 yards of him, on the touch line, at any point, except a 90 year old woman, passing with her dog, during a 10 second period. So, unless bear grylls popped his head up, from the boggy area, behind the trees, nobody was behind the linesman for the whole of the second half, to agree with his wrong decison, unlike the 30 or so of us, in line with him, on the other side of the pitch, who saw no offside ☹️

7 hours ago, chubbs284 said:

A good lino is worth 10 points a season !!! Oh well on to next week ?  

Not very helpful is it ?  People give up their time and energy so 22 players can play on a Saturday ,  why don't you keyboard warriors get out and take the course to be a lino , in all weathers for the love of the game to put something back when you can no longer play or don't want to manage , put  up with the abuse  the sarcasm for what nothing ?  We don't get paid  we travel to games under our own steam and most games you don't even get a handshake after the game , we are human we all make mistakes but we answer to the ref , not the players not the fans or managers , try it then you might have a different perspective on the game , or perhaps you would like your clubs to Pay for Three officials and their transport costs and see how long your clubs would survive having to pay the extra and find the money from either subs or gate revenue and also if you had three officials where would they come from? With a shortage of refs in Cornwall already .

I beg to differ that anybody was in line with the call for offside as there was nobody standing on the bank past the st day dugout that day. So that can't be called. The whistle was blown before Luke hit the ball so the keeper just stood there. 

A great game tho. Nice to see it contested. Dobbo could of been sent off for a night tackle on boase that was late. Moments later st.day striker could of gone for a very deliberate elbow on boase. Hawke ran 60 yards to get to the Lino. And it wasn't handball st day players told me it wasn't but I did think it at the time aswell. 

Great game to watch and great banter after. If the ref felt he wasn't off he could of overruled but he didn't as he was in a great position. 

29 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

As a regular assistant more people are questioning my integrity and it does get on your nerves it would help if you got more support from refs and not the usual I did not hear it or could not see it when they have a very strong suspicious.they could have a word with the player involved

I would hope Pat that most referees try to support you guys. In my experience there are some very good assistants at this level. 

Using something I picked up off a fellow referee I always tell the assistant that they are only performing the job I have given them, if the players don't like it send them my way. Most assistants are very honest and noone other than them will be able to give a decision as they are never in line. At a recent meeting we also looked at a theory which people see something totally different depending on the angle as well as other things which happen in the mind when "taking the photo" of the incident.

Let's get off these guys backs and give them some support.

I was amongst st day fans, standing to the left of the st day dugout, but there were people both sides of the dugouts, and yes,  some, almost directly in line with the linesman. 

Hawke was on the right wing and supplied the cross, meaning he was pretty much by the linesman, 6 yards away maybe, but definitely not 60 yards. Although, seeing things from where you were sat, on the halfway line Jamie c, it may have looked like 60 yards ?. I must admit that I didn't see any elbow on nick boase, who shouldn't have even been on the pitch still, following his last man rugby tackle. But elbows from mr Patterson were visible at every heading attempt.

so, Jamie c, who were the people, directly behind the home linesman? Nobody else in the ground saw these mysterious people, in that tight corner....?

Like I've previously said, most linesman do a fantastic job, postman pat included

1 hour ago, Jamie C said:

I beg to differ that anybody was in line with the call for offside as there was nobody standing on the bank past the st day dugout that day. So that can't be called. The whistle was blown before Luke hit the ball so the keeper just stood there. 

A great game tho. Nice to see it contested. Dobbo could of been sent off for a night tackle on boase that was late. Moments later st.day striker could of gone for a very deliberate elbow on boase. Hawke ran 60 yards to get to the Lino. And it wasn't handball st day players told me it wasn't but I did think it at the time aswell. 

Great game to watch and great banter after. If the ref felt he wasn't off he could of overruled but he didn't as he was in a great position. 

So your brother didn't have anyone behind him to tell him he got it right then?? As he said he did??

Ive been a Lino before and it's not nice but you have to expect the grief that you get in the heat of the moment.  

Jamie come on bryan was nearest player on the pitch, plus your brother actually told him that he couldn't see luke because Bryan was in his way. I spoke to the ref after the game and he said he couldn't overall  it because he wasn't in the right position to. We are all going to have different views and I don't knock an official unless I think they are being dishonest. Ever club linesman is going to go with his team in any close calls but this wasn't close enough. Glad the st.day lino stayed honest throughout.

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

Not very helpful is it ?  People give up their time and energy so 22 players can play on a Saturday ,  why don't you keyboard warriors get out and take the course to be a lino , in all weathers for the love of the game to put something back when you can no longer play or don't want to manage , put  up with the abuse  the sarcasm for what nothing ?  We don't get paid  we travel to games under our own steam and most games you don't even get a handshake after the game , we are human we all make mistakes but we answer to the ref , not the players not the fans or managers , try it then you might have a different perspective on the game , or perhaps you would like your clubs to Pay for Three officials and their transport costs and see how long your clubs would survive having to pay the extra and find the money from either subs or gate revenue and also if you had three officials where would they come from? With a shortage of refs in Cornwall already .

I have ran the line for my club before and if I have made a call which the opposition score from I expect to get a comment or two, as darren said it comes with the job, the guys on tv get it worse.

1 hour ago, willy7 said:

Jamie come on bryan was nearest player on the pitch, plus your brother actually told him that he couldn't see luke because Bryan was in his way. I spoke to the ref after the game and he said he couldn't overall  it because he wasn't in the right position to. We are all going to have different views and I don't knock an official unless I think they are being dishonest. Ever club linesman is going to go with his team in any close calls but this wasn't close enough. Glad the st.day lino stayed honest throughout.

I have ran the line for my club before and if I have made a call which the opposition score from I expect to get a comment or two, as darren said it comes with the job, the guys on tv get it worse.

But the guys on TV are professional , and are paid and train each week and are also qualified REFS in their own right , perhaps one week all the club Lino's went say for a pint on a Saturday and there was no one to run the line how would you all feel ? Or you had to give up your game to run the line so 22 others could play ?  Would any of you who have a pot at the volunteers  give up your Saturday for others ?   We do it not to be heroes or to cheat , but to put something back into the game , of course we want our sides to win but that is down to the players on the pitch  we try to do a job not many want , if you don't want club linesman pay for officials to run your games that would solve all the problems ? No it wouldn't it would transfer on to them . Ref will instruct you to give as late a flag as possible to help with the flow of the game apart from if there maybe a collision with the keeper , and supportrise surprise you go with the refs instructions and get a load of verbal for flagging late . It is a no win situation , you flag that a ball has gone over the goal line and a goal is awarded against your club you get stick from your own , and praise from the opponents and five minutes later your are a cheating ...... You can all filling the blanks cause you flag for offside . We all make mistakes  but it doesn't mean we cheat  , but can the people involved with the game say the same when they have off days and aren't at their best .  To finish of perhaps that is why there is a shortage of help at clubs because it is so easy to criticize but a lot harder to get off your backsides and do something for your club even if it just running the line  , it is so easy to do .?

On 29/12/2016 at 21:49, stevieb said:

But the guys on TV are professional , and are paid and train each week and are also qualified REFS in their own right , perhaps one week all the club Lino's went say for a pint on a Saturday and there was no one to run the line how would you all feel ? Or you had to give up your game to run the line so 22 others could play ?  Would any of you who have a pot at the volunteers  give up your Saturday for others ?   We do it not to be heroes or to cheat , but to put something back into the game , of course we want our sides to win but that is down to the players on the pitch  we try to do a job not many want , if you don't want club linesman pay for officials to run your games that would solve all the problems ? No it wouldn't it would transfer on to them . Ref will instruct you to give as late a flag as possible to help with the flow of the game apart from if there maybe a collision with the keeper , and supportrise surprise you go with the refs instructions and get a load of verbal for flagging late . It is a no win situation , you flag that a ball has gone over the goal line and a goal is awarded against your club you get stick from your own , and praise from the opponents and five minutes later your are a cheating ...... You can all filling the blanks cause you flag for offside . We all make mistakes  but it doesn't mean we cheat  , but can the people involved with the game say the same when they have off days and aren't at their best .  To finish of perhaps that is why there is a shortage of help at clubs because it is so easy to criticize but a lot harder to get off your backsides and do something for your club even if it just running the line  , it is so easy to do .?

Good points Stevieb but paid or not they shouldn't get the abuse just because a player makes a t*t of himself and has to vent his frustration on someone

Think yourselves lucky that you have people willing to run the line for you.

Bloody hell gents, the professionals get it wrong occasionally. They often make calls based on a split second action, but they have to make those calls based on what they see and how they interpret it. Is it easy? Absolutely not. 

I was speaking to Premier League and FIFA assistant referee Simon Long a little while ago and I was astounded to hear about the level of training that they are subjected to. These guys are professionals. But most of all, they are human. They will make mistakes.

Club linesman get no further training after they complete the assistant referees course. The only time they practice running the line is when they are indeed running the line. These people are not highly skilled assistants, they are guys and girls running the line for the club they love for little or no reward. If the assistant made a mistake, fair enough. But how many mistakes did the Players make? How many of them hit a wayward pass? How many struck wide or over from a good opportunity? How many got tackled or pushed off the ball too easily? How many infringed the laws? I can guarantee you that they made a lot more mistakes than the team of officials did on these days.

Stop belittling the volunteers that we so dearly need at this level of football!!! If you can do the job better, then bloody well get on the assistant referee course or even the full refs course and do it yourself. I bet your tune will change after a few games!

2 hours ago, Dange'rous said:

Think yourselves lucky that you have people willing to run the line for you.

Bloody hell gents, the professionals get it wrong occasionally. They often make calls based on a split second action, but they have to make those calls based on what they see and how they interpret it. Is it easy? Absolutely not. 

I was speaking to Premier League and FIFA assistant referee Simon Long a little while ago and I was astounded to hear about the level of training that they are subjected to. These guys are professionals. But most of all, they are human. They will make mistakes.

Club linesman get no further training after they complete the assistant referees course. The only time they practice running the line is when they are indeed running the line. These people are not highly skilled assistants, they are guys and girls running the line for the club they love for little or no reward. If the assistant made a mistake, fair enough. But how many mistakes did the Players make? How many of them hit a wayward pass? How many struck wide or over from a good opportunity? How many got tackled or pushed off the ball too easily? How many infringed the laws? I can guarantee you that they made a lot more mistakes than the team of officials did on these days.

Stop belittling the volunteers that we so dearly need at this level of football!!! If you can do the job better, then bloody well get on the assistant referee course or even the full refs course and do it yourself. I bet your tune will change after a few games!

We all know the there will be mistakes but the issue is wether they are deliberate or not. 

I would say so Dave. At the end of the day every club linesman wants the best for their team. Could that influence their decisions? Yeah possibly. Could they be swayed in a 50/50 call? Sure.

I've come across two club linesman in my short footballing career who I would associate the word "cheat" with. But I've also met plenty of club linesman who are as genuine as they come. At the end if the day, the referee will make the majority of my decisions. 

When I officiate, I ask the assistants to follow my arm at all times unless I make a deliberate signal or make eye contact with them without raising my arms; that is their signal that I require their assistance. After all, they are there to assist, not insist.

Jesus. All I heard from the minute the St Day lot came through the gate was bloody moaning.  

I was one of the people who told Rich he got it right as I was behind him but on the bank retrieving a ball that had been kicked into the woods.  The one lad who abused him was walking back from a offside position but when the ball was played the other boy had his leg offside then turned facing goal and was about a yard off. The last defender raised his arm. The flag went up the referee blew his whistle. The striker then hit the ball the goalkeeper stood still as the whistle had been blewn. Get over it! I think Gary was 8 yards down the line from him but again nobody was in a great position and we don't have the facilities for action replays. We will have to get tape measures out next time. Again I'm no Howard Webb. All of it happened so quickly you have to respect all club linesman have to make these decisions in a couple of seconds.

All the St Day lot were by the dugout leaning on the post.

Rich did make a definite mistake in the first half the st day boy Cleverly? Went past our defence before the ball was played but he failed to raise his flag, the lad took the ball on but luckily missed even with our dugout screaming that it was offside. Even Rich said he made a mistake but couldnt give what he couldn't see as he got stuck in the mud.

My fitness isn't great and I certainly couldn't take the role on but I'm thankfully for all the voleneters that make the effort each week, I haven't found any major problems were ever we travel and always go in for a pint afterwards. Sounds very much like sour grapes to me considering we had to play with 10 men for the last 30!

One thing I will say is that both linesmen boy Leah and the referee did a great job in the conditions. If anything the lad went storming over in his face should say sorry.

On 28 December 2016 at 20:08, willy7 said:

You don't think that there would be a reaction when you have just scored to make it 4:4 then to have it ruled out!

Darren he was very good in a hard game to ref.

In regards to the goal ruled out for offside, At the time the St day players on the pitch weren't questioning the position of the scorer but were claiming the ball had gone backwards to find him, make your own minds up? Besides that, he's done well to make up a lot of ground to get that much space. And the carharrack captain should've been sent off should he? For a start it wasn't the captain, and the player also had a covering defender that won the ball back after the referee played the advantage, correct decision from the referee to bring it back for the yellow card. 

image.jpg

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 08:25, chubbs284 said:

A good lino is worth 10 points a season !!! Oh well on to next week ?  

Especially if he's called Rodney and from St Just ?

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 17:25, Jamie C said:

should have been watching the game not counting supporters opposite him?

2 hours ago, COYG said:

In regards to the goal ruled out for offside, At the time the St day players on the pitch weren't questioning the position of the scorer but were claiming the ball had gone backwards to find him, make your own minds up? Besides that, he's done well to make up a lot of ground to get that much space. And the carharrack captain should've been sent off should he? For a start it wasn't the captain, and the player also had a covering defender that won the ball back after the referee played the advantage, correct decision from the referee to bring it back for the yellow card. 

image.jpg

That's the first I have heard that st.day players where saying the ball went back. 

Seeing the player who played the ball in isn't in the picture this shows it travelled quite a long way with luke leah running onto it, doesn't look like the keeper has heard the whistle jamie.