Cornwall Football Forum

ACTUAL England team to face Austria.

Coopsie

Carson, Richards, Campbell, Lescott, Bridge, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, J Cole, Owen, Crouch....

Whats your feeling towards poor old Gareth Barry being dropped (did he do something wrong while I was looking away?), Should Becks even be spoken to by McClueless whilst he's playing at a standard that has been compared to our own DIVISION 2, Could Barry have gone in at left back??.

Just a few posers the selection threw at me when I saw the line up.

Guest el nino

He should have tried 3 at the back tonight, or play Richards at centre half! Tonight is not important! Why even arrange a friendly this close to what COULD be a very very important game????? The FA probably booked this friendly ages ago, thinking we would already have qualified for euro 2008!!!!! Doh! :( :angry:

Guest Doomer17

Gone for the so called stars as ever. We all know gerrard and lampard CAN'T play together. Beckham should always be involved, but i dont agree he should start. Good to give Carson a shot in goal, experience is priceless.

Guest Doomer17

Couldn't agree with you more R and L.

theres so many english keepers that have been tipped to be the future; Stuart Taylor, Richard Wright, Nicky Weaver, Robert Green, Chris Kirkland.. the list is endless, and it seems like they've all faded with regards to England, some of which have completely faded!?

Although its a shame, its great that a young keeper like Carson, just 22, is going to get a chance to show the whole world his capabilities. Hes very glued to his line at times, and not as commanding as should be, but again hes 22, it will come with age...he really is the future :thumbsup: