Cornwall Football Forum

lets all do the samba

bushy

richards had a good start to the season but is slowly drifitng out of the picture, for me it has to be gallas!!

out of interest the defenders who have acquired the most points on the dream team (the sun)

Code Player Club Value Points*

114 Toure Arsenal £4.5m 94

223 Lescott Everton £4.0m 91

278 R Ferdinand Manchester United £6.0m 88

259 Carragher Liverpool £6.0m 83

288 Vidic Manchester United £6.0m 78

295 Dunne Manchester City £4.5m 78

161 Samba Blackburn £3.0m 77

127 M Laursen Aston Villa £1.5m 76

276 Evra Manchester United £3.0m 73

299 M Richards Manchester City £3.0m 70

why because i said benni mccarthy he was second top scorer last season or didnt you know that and christopher samba is one of the best defenders in the league, i agree with all the other ones aswell but arent i entitled to my own opinion.

lets all do the samba

Guest Doomer17

No your actually not allowed an opinion bushy!! If certain people see it, you will get accused of forcing it on people and hoping they agree with you :P !! only kidding! Sambas doing really well for you guys. My opinion (and not just because im an arsenal fan) Is William Gallas. Blackburn are a nightmare to play against, one of those fixtures that when you see it you say " Fu**in hell, not Blackburn! Savage is an animal, but does it well!

Guest crosser

when fully fit john terry is no1 followed closeley by vidic :thumbsup:

Easily No. 1 is Terry but Vidic is improving all the time and starting to push him i think.

I would'nt even put terry in the top 5

John Terry not in the top five ?????????? You must be mad, although he has picked up quite a few injuries in the last 12 months, so on appearences he may be behind those who are playing week in week out. But he is still the best defender in the English game and surely, one of the best in Europe if not the world.

I have to disagree about Ferdinand although he has pace and he is good on the ball he does have a problem with his concentration and he is not the best at reading certain situation, however for England Ferdinand and Terry compliment each other as Terry makes up for Ferdinands floors and Ferdinand makes up fro Terry's lack of pace.

Guest crosser

ferdinand reads the game so much better than terry, terry just has balls and pace to recover for his mistakes!!

could'nt agree more, terry only looks good because he is playing in a strong chelsea defence and looks even better when carvehello is playing alongside him. Put him in a not so top side and you would see how average he is. Where as ferdinand has been class and his quality has shown through in everyside he has played in unfortunately he will always have the "lacks concentration" thrown at him because of his manner on a football pitch just like David james has the calamity nickname which he will never shift but who his a far better keeper than robinson.

Average player - that is why he is captain of his country because he is average. Ferdinand is not even in his league in regards to defensive ability. Where have you been watching your football??? MARS!!!!!

Guest crosser

I'm sorry just because he is englands captain dos'nt mean anything, Campbell and keown have been england capatins dos'nt make them the worlds best players.

As I previously stated ferdinand is class no matter who he plays with terry needs a class player next to him to look good.

In my opinion, id say that the two of them (Ferdinand & Terry) are the perfect center half partnership.

You cant compare the two as players as they are so different in style. One is a winner, leader, rough, hard, scorer of goals and you would want beside you in a war and the other is classy, calm, quality on the ball & has a superb understanding of the modern game.

Its potentially a shame that we may not watch the best two center halfs in the world together right now next summer on the big stage!!

Guest Doomer17

My opinion is i have to agree with local boy, yea ok Terry is he has balls! You know hes never going to duck out of a 50/50, he will make some headers and tackles that makes you question his sanity! Hes good, but i dont think the best.

Ferdinand i think reads the game well, a few of you mentioned his concentration, thats his biggest problem. Again it was mentioned hes similar to Davidd James, in fact a lot of players suffer from this and its just one of those things,and its only the top top players that it gets noticed. At the highest level if you switch off for a second, its a mistake, or a goal!

I'm a huge Sol Campbell fan, and when we first signed him he was amazing, arguably the best english defender. He had some trouble, and left. I remember he walked out of a game at half time, he was having a nightmare, so was rightfully subbed. Since that game he hadn't been the same, until the genius that is Mr.Redknapp signed him and revitalised him(Reminds me a lot of Danny Williams the boxer!) And he seems to be at the top of his game at the moment, so my vote is hes up there for the best english.

for me Vidic is out there as number 1,him and rio compliment each other in the same way that people have already said about Rio and Terry but i regard Vidic as a far superior player to Terry.

When carvalhio isn,t playing Terry always seems to struggle. I agree the guy has balls and the heart of a lion but that shouldn't be enough to make you England captain.

Also the way he throws himself in to block the ball with his arms up all over the place, the amount of times it strikes his hand/arms soon refs with any balls are going to start giving penalties against him.

Guest crosser

on form over the last 3 seasons it has to be jamie caragher. proper old school defender.

unfortunately carragher dos'nt get the credit he deserves agian in my eyes a better defender than terry

crosser whenever england play in a tough game it is usually terry moping up ferdinands mistakes cause ferdinand is never sure if he is a defender or a midfielder.

terry and the likes of carragher are DEFENDERS and that is what they are there for ferdinand is class when he has a defender next to him like terry or vidic otherwise he looks lost and makes to many errors sometimes costing his team games

Guest crosser

i'm sorry but I don't agree with that at all, terry generally makes more mistakes, everybody always remembers the last ditch blocks etc but they are generally rescuing his mistakes not ferdinands, and I have said previously ferdinand has looked class no matter what side he has played in (west ham, leeds or man u) where as even the most die hard chelsea fan will tell you that terry only looks really good when he has carvehello beside him.

but hey thats just my opinion and I don't expect everybody to share it.

crosser whenever england play in a tough game it is usually terry moping up ferdinands mistakes cause ferdinand is never sure if he is a defender or a midfielder.

terry and the likes of carragher are DEFENDERS and that is what they are there for ferdinand is class when he has a defender next to him like terry or vidic otherwise he looks lost and makes to many errors sometimes costing his team games

i completley agree with that