Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Fixtures - 19th Nov 2016

Jubilee Cup

Ruan Minor V New Inn Titans To be played at New Inn Titans @ 11:30 (game back on)
St Buryan Reserves v Troon AFC Reserves 

Premier

Camborne School of Mines v Mawnan 
Chacewater v Wendron United Reserves 
Lizard Argyle v West Cornwall 
Mousehole Reserves v St Day Reserves 
Penryn Athletic 3rds v St Buryan 
Threemilestone P-P St Keverne 
Troon AFC v Pendeen Rovers 

Division 1

Constantine v Trispen 
Halsetown v Perranporth Reserves 
Marazion Blues v Lanner 
Mullion Reserves v Stithians 
Newlyn Non-Athletico v Gwinear Churchtown 

Division 2

Falmouth Town v Redruth United Reserves 
Holman SC Reserves v Mabe 
Illogan RBL 3rds v Goonhavern Athletic Reserves 
Storm v Penwith Exiles
RNAS Culdrose v Frogpool & Cusgarne 

Division 3

Newlyn Lions v Four Lanes 
Probus v West Cornwall Reserves 
St Agnes 3rds v Ludgvan Reserves 
St Erme v Mabe Reserves 
St Ives Mariners v Falmouth DC 
St Just Reserves v St Day 3rds 

Division 4

Carharrack Reserves v Wendron United 4ths 
Hayle 3rds v Threemilestone Reserves 
Penzance Reserves v Four Lanes Reserves 
Rosudgeon Reserves v Newbridge Athletic 
Stithians Reserves v Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves 

This one is for Dave Rowe.

ADVANTAGE

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution / send off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution / send off must be issued when the ball is next out of play, except when the denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity results in a goal the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player when the ball is next out of play but if the player plays the ball or challenges/interferes with an opponent, the referee will stop play, send off the player and restart with an indirect free kick.

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick

Falmouth town 3rds 3 Redruth United res.4

United went 2 - 0 up through dale Adams and gareth ireson falmouth replied to go in 2-1 at half time.start the second half falmouth put us under a lot of pressure to take the lead 3-2. Credit to Redruth never gave up guy Johnson scored to level then on came the manager and from centre back controlled the ball into midfield and smashed a beauty over the keeper to win the game

Probus 4 West Cornwall Reserves 0

We started the game strongly, something we've struggled to do this season and we played some good football. We scored 3 unanswered goals in the first half through Dean Southworth with a close range finish, Connor Rhodes who scored an excellent goal into the roof of the net from 20 yards and Paul Cox who converted a one on one when put through. West Cornwall were restricted to shots from long range. 3-0 at half time.

We made some changes through the latter part of the first half and the opening of the second and this seemed to disrupt us a bit. WC also made some changes and it made it difficult for us to break them down. We had more of the possession in the second half but we only scored once more through Connor Rhodes and our goal was rarely threatened with our keeper not having a shot to save.

Overall it was a good all round performance and our first clean sheet for a while! The referee, Kevin Wilkinson, had a very good game and we hardly knew he was there.

13 minutes ago, Asterix said:

This one is for Dave Rowe.

ADVANTAGE

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution / send off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution / send off must be issued when the ball is next out of play, except when the denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity results in a goal the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player when the ball is next out of play but if the player plays the ball or challenges/interferes with an opponent, the referee will stop play, send off the player and restart with an indirect free kick.

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick

Well done Ralph ur now a qualified ref. ur player maintained possession but there was no advantage to be gained from it as he had 4 on 1 situation and did not have complete control of the ball. there for I awarded YOUR team the free kick

your boys where lucky to keep 11 on the field I was contemplating binning 3 of your team today to decided with the score line to ignore yours and your team mates little rants. you was still moaning after I awarded you a pen.

Ralph, whilst I appreciate your frustrations please just be mindful that it is up to the referee to determine whether an advantage should be played or not, it is entirely his/her decision. Referees are not obliged to play advantage and often chose not to in order to retain control of a situation. It isn't up to the players to determine whether an advantage should be played or not.

This was Dave's first game in charge since he qualified as a referee only two weeks ago, this would almost certainly played a part in his game today. He still has a lot to learn, as do we all but that all comes with experience. We all know the laws, at the end of the day, we have to. Dave passed a Laws of the Game examination prior to qualifying from the course which indicates he also has an understanding. Knowing these laws and enforcing them on a field during certain situations can be difficult.

Please don't publicly come on here having a go at someone who has taken up the whistle purely to help with the shortage situation that we currently face. All that will do is upset the referees, it could deter them from carrying on officiating. I'm under no illusion that Dave will become a good referee in the future but that all comes with experience. Please don't put him off.

Please talk to Dave, give him feedback but don't start slagging him off in public. Send him a private message or something and help to develop him as a referee by passing on constructive criticism if you really feel it's necessary :) 

5 minutes ago, Dange'rous said:

Ralph, whilst I appreciate your frustrations please just be mindful that it is up to the referee to determine whether an advantage should be played or not, it is entirely his/her decision. Referees are not obliged to play advantage and often chose not to in order to retain control of a situation. It isn't up to the players to determine whether an advantage should be played or not.

This was Dave's first game in charge since he qualified as a referee only two weeks ago, this would almost certainly played a part in his game today. He still has a lot to learn, as do we all but that all comes with experience. We all know the laws, at the end of the day, we have to. Dave passed a Laws of the Game examination prior to qualifying from the course which indicates he also has an understanding. Knowing these laws and enforcing them on a field during certain situations can be difficult.

Please don't publicly come on here having a go at someone who has taken up the whistle purely to help with the shortage situation that we currently face. All that will do is upset the referees, it could deter them from carrying on officiating. I'm under no illusion that Dave will become a good referee in the future but that all comes with experience. Please don't put him off.

Please talk to Dave, give him feedback but don't start slagging him off in public. Send him a private message or something and help to develop him as a referee by passing on constructive criticism if you really feel it's necessary :) 

Please can you answer my post further up as would genuinely like to know the answer 

16 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Please can you answer my post further up as would genuinely like to know the answer 

23 minutes ago, Dange'rous said:

Comment taken on board and deleted. it was more about the manor of which I was spoken to today more than a rant. 

1 hour ago, ian beale said:

can someone please tell me if a defender blocks off the attacking player when defending a corner is it a penalty or an in-direct free kick? ?? 

If there is contact penalty, if not IFK. Bear in mind though that the player must clearly block an opponent. Just standing in their way doesn't constitute an offence.

14 minutes ago, Marazionskip said:

Marazion 5 1 lanner 

Played ok and got the 3 points.. had a few injury concerns before the game so 2 players were rested for next week's game at torpoint. Good luck to lanner for the rest of the season. Good bunch if lads! Shame they didn't stay for some nuggets after tho! 

Sorry buddy, but we had a few boys who had work at 5. And as you know Lanner to Marazion isnt a 5 minute trip buddy. Lol. So we are sorry to have not stayed behind.

Credit to Marazion, absolutely clinical I front of goal today. Deserved winners, easily. Great bunch.  Good luck on rest of the season mate.

Good luck vs Torpoint next week.

Div. 4

Stithians Res. (0) 2 -vs- 0 (0) Newlyn NA Res.

So, there we were, another windswept, blustery, rainy, cold Saturday, scraping together the bare 11, including a new signing, plus me, to make the joyous journey to the other side of Helston to the Metropolis that is Stithians. Top of the hill, the unsheltered muddy pitch let us enjoy the full force of natures winter fury. Hi Angus, nice to meet you! Although merely a constant drizzle, the windy conditions meant it felt more like a downpour. Ah, blessed are we that choose this outdoor winter activity.

Anyway, a football match was to be played, and it was. Kicking with the wind and rain in the first half was Newlyn, and they duly applied the necessary pressure that looked like a handsome halftime lead would be had. But no, with clear chances not being created, merely a dominance of territory, they became a little ragged, and Stithians were good on the break, forcing a couple of good saves from the away keeper. A great save by the home keeper, and a free-kick which clipped the crossbar amounted to a 0-0 scoreline at half time.

I pointed out to the young Newlyn lads that whilst in possession they were great, without the ball they were not so good. By contrast, I thought the home team were superb without the ball, chasing every opponent and generally not letting up for 90 mins. However, this did little to change the pattern of the second half.

On a day such as this, a masterclass of football was not going to be witnessed, and as it happened, goalmouth activity was limited. Stithians rattled the crossbar from a free kick halfway through the second half, and finally broke the deadlock minutes later with a cool finish from the edge of the box. (I believe I cocked up and missed the offside as I thought a Newlyn player passed the ball). Nevermind, in all honesty, Stithians probably deserved the goal. They doubled the lead shortly after, another great finish chipping the keeper.

Newlyn tried their best to come back into it, and forced a penalty which was saved by the home keeper. And so it was, a rather muddy, very wet set of players headed back to the big shed to get dressed. Well done to Stithians who have completed the double over Newlyn this season, and deserved both victories.

Cup

Frogpool Reserves 4-1 Chacewater Reserves

decent game played in good spirits and well refereed by Lee Atkinson.

Frogpool goals came from Craig Rothwell, the wizard David Leach, Charlie Martin and Jack Mane. Nick Caulkin also missed a penalty for us.

Felt pretty calm during this one, I don't think we ever really looked like losing.

Good luck to Chacewater for the rest of the season. On to the quarter finals.

10 hours ago, Tempo said:

Cup

Frogpool Reserves 4-1 Chacewater Reserves

decent game played in good spirits and well refereed by Lee Atkinson.

Frogpool goals came from Craig Rothwell, the wizard David Leach, Charlie Martin and Jack Mane. Nick Caulkin also missed a penalty for us.

Felt pretty calm during this one, I don't think we ever really looked like losing.

Good luck to Chacewater for the rest of the season. On to the quarter finals.

Tempo are you still managing / Reffing  , and if so how are you finding it ? 

4 hours ago, stevieb said:

Tempo are you still managing / Reffing  , and if so how are you finding it ? 

Hi mate! Managing mainly, playing when needed, and refereeing if we don't have a game and I'm needed. Also playing Sunday league. But main focus is on managing Frogpool Reserves, atmosphere is buzzing out there, got a really good bunch of lads, personality and talent wise - honestly couldn't be happier. Feel like I'm taking every kick! Thanks for asking mate, you all good?

23 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Hi mate! Managing mainly, playing when needed, and refereeing if we don't have a game and I'm needed. Also playing Sunday league. But main focus is on managing Frogpool Reserves, atmosphere is buzzing out there, got a really good bunch of lads, personality and talent wise - honestly couldn't be happier. Feel like I'm taking every kick! Thanks for asking mate, you all good?

Glad it's going well haven't been been to Frogpool for years , yes I'm still trundling up the line  when old age allows ,  Do you still have the small away changing rooms ?   Can remember when we only had bare eleven to play at your place , our goalie silly sod , because there wasn't a lot of room decided to get changed in the shower , he had his good clothes on as he was going out straight after the game , my mate turned the shower on before the game , in temper he said he was off, so we calmed him down he went to get his clothes and my mate done it again , luckily power of persuasion won the day because we only had two cars and he was driving one . ?   Keep playing as much as you can , I wish I was still able to play watching , managing never the same , glad to see young people getting involved , most clubs volunteers are getting on in years . Good luck  for the season , I do look out for your posts .

9 hours ago, stevieb said:

Glad it's going well haven't been been to Frogpool for years , yes I'm still trundling up the line  when old age allows ,  Do you still have the small away changing rooms ?   Can remember when we only had bare eleven to play at your place , our goalie silly sod , because there wasn't a lot of room decided to get changed in the shower , he had his good clothes on as he was going out straight after the game , my mate turned the shower on before the game , in temper he said he was off, so we calmed him down he went to get his clothes and my mate done it again , luckily power of persuasion won the day because we only had two cars and he was driving one . ?   Keep playing as much as you can , I wish I was still able to play watching , managing never the same , glad to see young people getting involved , most clubs volunteers are getting on in years . Good luck  for the season , I do look out for your posts .

Thanks mate! I've really enjoyed that story ahaha,! Class! Yeah the away changing room is pretty small, it's had a minor extension but still pretty small! Yeah I'm playing when I can get in the team, our 11 is just so strong at the minute, playing on Sundays has helped to fill that void though!

Thanks mate, fingers crossed we can push for the title, really tough league though so won't hold out on that just yet. Luckily my bunch of lads have been really good these last two years, most of the squad are no older than 25 and I normally get at least 3 volunteers coming up to help me sort the pitch and everything on a Saturday morning.