Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League 1961/62

Was there a Mining League as such in 1961/62? A quick look for league tables led me to find three competitions: Dunn Cup, League Shield and Hart Cup.

Some of the teams who competed in these were: Camborne School Of Mines, Carnhell, Chacewater, Cornwall Technical College, Devoran, Illogan BL, Ludgvan Res, Perranwell, Pool SC, Porkellis, St Agnes, St Day, St Newlyn East, Tregony and Truro Hendra 'A'.

Where did Devoran play?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure Mr.Tree.

I have a Chacewater fixture list from 1963-1964 in my possession and there is no mention of the Mining League.There was the Junior Cup,Dunn Cup,Truro & District League,Jubilee Cup and Hoskin Cup.

That season Chacewater played Pool,St.Day,Illogan,St.Agnes and Truro Hendra in the Junior Cup,St.Day,Truro Hendra,Perranwell,Illogan,St.Agnes and Pool in the Dunn Cup,Grampound,Truro Hendra,Probus,Gerrans,Mevagissey,Truro Minors and Cornish Mines in the Truro & District League and Gerrans in the Hoskin Cup (not heard of that cup before now).In April,the semi-finals of the Jubilee Cup were played but not sure how a club qualified for that,  

Back in those days.the Junior Cup was played in local area group leagues with the winners of the group progressing to the next round which was then a knockout .

I am sure the The Dunn Cup, Hart Cup,Jubilee Cup and League Shield were under the umbrella of The Mining Division Football League in those days as I was involved with Camborne Youth Club soon after and in 1964 joined the Mining League under guidance from Arthur pearce and played for those trophies.

The Junior Cup local groups were a bit of a drag as we played the same teams in the MDFL.