Cornwall Football Forum

Your Combo/Local Club needs YOU

I posted this in the Combo facebook group a few minutes ago but it could refer to any local side in the County.

To all who watch their Combo side and want to get involved. 
Did you know that every time your club plays a game of football and does not have a qualified lino they get fined by the league. 
So why not get involved and become a lino. Your club would bite your hand off if you offered.
To qualify, all it takes is one evening and if enough want to do qualify, the course will be run locally. 
The courses are £15 per person and I am sure your club would pay as they would save that money in fines.
Think free entry into grounds, part of the "team", can't beat it.
Talk to your local club and they can contact the league and we can get some courses arranged to suit you.

Ctb very hard to get people to do this job  , can be great fun but also you can get lots of abuse , better than it was  with the refs fully supporting their assistant , but speak to many supporters and they will say no way would they take it on  and put up with the moaning  and at times personal abuse , could give many examples  , I am not trying to but anyone off , there are some great guys doing this job  Adrian at St, Day comes to mind and Jamie that used to run the line at Penzance and laterly Ludgvan to name two , they do it for the love of the game in all weathers , I just wish some fans, players managers would take this into account before  giving stick to them .

It's easier said than done to get people to run the line with the language they get directed towards them. It even happens within the Trelawny League not just at Combo level. I can only hope that Adrian at St Day and those similar to him that do it for the love of the game get the praise they fully deserve, because it's not easy.