Newlyn Lions v Probus 
St Day 3rds v St Ives Mariners 

Division 4

Carharrack Reserves vRuan Minor 
Newbridge Athletic v St Buryan Reserves 
Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves v Stithians Reserves 
Rosudgeon Reserves v Four Lanes Reserves 
Troon AFC Reserves v Madron 

Please get scorers and results in asap this evening if you wish to feature in the Independent and Trelawny League Facebook page. I've got an evening out this evening so will be doing the write up as soon as I'm home from my game

League Cup

Helston 4 v Rosudgeon 1

Rosudgeon scored through a free kick after 20 minutes. Aaron Orchard equalised for Helston from the spot. Second half was a tight affair until late the 81st when Will Macmeikan put Helston ahead with a brave header at the back post. Helston then scored a further two goals from Fred Williams and another from Will Macmeikan to make it a slightly flattering score line 

Junior Cup

Penzance Reserves (Nyle Mayou) 1-0 Mullion Reserves

A crowd of 32 watched a good game as Pz overcame their Division 1 opponents. Most of the action was in the first half as after the break Mullion upped their game looking to equalise but the Pz youngsters held them at bay. 16 yo Nyle Mayou put Pz up in the 23min following a left to right cross pitch attack seeing him lob the advancing keeper cross goal from 20yds out. Mullion awarded a penalty in the 45+1 minute when the slightest of touches sees the visiting player go down. Keeper Simon Mortimer makes a great save sticking his leg out to deflect the spot-kick up and over while diving the wrong way. For a 1-0 game it was an entertaining match.

Mabe 15-1 Holmans Reserves 

Holmans turned up late with 10. But fair play to them they soldiered on until the end and never gave in. Hopefully they can turn it around and get a few more players signed. 

Mabe Scorers; Me x4,  George Vinnicombe x3, Lewis Pellow x2, Finn Thompson x2, Ryan Chinn x1, Olly Jones x1, Connor Elsdon x1, Zach Martin x1 

Junior Cup

New Inn Titans 4 -0 St Erme

Really good game of football well refereed by Gary Stevens. St Erme started brightly passing the ball well but Titans took the lead through Reece Prout with a lovely run and finish. Hal Davis added two more before half time, one from the penalty spot. 

H/T 3-0

The second half was a far more even contest but Reece Prout with a sharp turn on the left hand side smashed the ball inside the keepers post to make it 4-0. Job done and into the next round. 

MOTM 

shared between Reece Prout and Jason Fenton, who was dominant at the back. 

Best of luck to St Erme. Cracking bunch of lads and good to see you back at the pub after. Apologies the food took so long, your goalkeeper was the only one left to enjoy it. 

Premier

St.Buryan 4  Chacewater 3  h/t 2-1

Sam Bourne put St.Buryan but Dave Cilia equalised with a great shot across the keeper.Jed Jones again put the hosts ahead before half time.

Brendan and Travis Hitchens put Chacewater 3-2 up after an hour.After dominating possession,somehow Chacewater threw the game away in the last ten minutes with another goal by Jones and a Luke Waller penalty very late on which gave the home side the points.

Thanks to St.Buryan for the food afterwards and a hard fought match on a very warm day in West Penwith.

Chacewater Res 0  Illogan 3rds 4

Div. 4

Newlyn Non Athletico Res. (0) 0 -v- 3 (3) Stithians Res.

Three scrappy first half goals ended up being the difference. Stithians definitely bossed the first half, with Newlyn struggling to find any rhythm. Some changes at half time evened out the game, with Newlyn unlucky not to get on the score sheet. Well done to Stithians and well done to the ref. Nice to see the away team come back for some sausages and chips. Cheers!

1 hour ago, footballlegend7 said:

Newlyn Lions 5-2 probus 

goal scorers Leon Dixon 2 Leigh Allen 2 and og

Newlyn deserved the 3 points and were the better team on the day. We didn't really get started and they played some good football. They are also one of the tallest teams I've come up against but they can play some decent football as well. Hopefully we can improve when we play them at home in 2 weeks!

Division 2

Frogpool 1st vs Redruth reserves

Great win for Frogpool today. Redruth are a strong/physical side and Frogpool played some excellent football to win the game. 

Redruth scored first after a punch from the keeper hit the striker closing down and fell kindly for a tap in. Frogpool continued to keep the pressure on and the front two of berbs and Kevin had some good chances going wide. Frogpool equalised after a free kick from inside our half by rowan over the top of Mike rollason to hammer home from a tight angle. 

After half time Frogpool continued to attack dealing with the occasional long ball counter attack but our back 4 kept there line well or headed clear. Frogpool's took the lead after  hard work from lassey in the middle giving Berby the ball on the edge of the box placing it in the top corner. After a few more wasted chances Kevin Smith scored our third after a fun from Mike rollson laying it off just inside to box for Kevin to comfortably slot home.  The fourth came late on after the Redruth keeper went for a short pace to his left back fell to Kevin Smith who chipped it nicely in from 25 yards or so. 

On a personal note I don't think I've been fouled so much in a game. The viking in cm for Redruth could do with learning to defend with out sliding or tripping. But it was a good three points and Frogpool should of had a lot more but on to the next game and continue to play great football.

Best of luck to Redruth in the league 

and the young referee had a good game calling it fairly for both sides 

38 minutes ago, one2many said:

Division 2

Frogpool 1st vs Redruth reserves

Great win for Frogpool today. Redruth are a strong/physical side and Frogpool played some excellent football to win the game. 

Redruth scored first after a punch from the keeper hit the striker closing down and fell kindly for a tap in. Frogpool continued to keep the pressure on and the front two of berbs and Kevin had some good chances going wide. Frogpool equalised after a free kick from inside our half by rowan over the top of Mike rollason to hammer home from a tight angle. 

After half time Frogpool continued to attack dealing with the occasional long ball counter attack but our back 4 kept there line well or headed clear. Frogpool's took the lead after  hard work from lassey in the middle giving Berby the ball on the edge of the box placing it in the top corner. After a few more wasted chances Kevin Smith scored our third after a fun from Mike rollson laying it off just inside to box for Kevin to comfortably slot home.  The fourth came late on after the Redruth keeper went for a short pace to his left back fell to Kevin Smith who chipped it nicely in from 25 yards or so. 

On a personal note I don't think I've been fouled so much in a game. The viking in cm for Redruth could do with learning to defend with out sliding or tripping. But it was a good three points and Frogpool should of had a lot more but on to the next game and continue to play great football.

Best of luck to Redruth in the league 

and the young referee had a good game calling it fairly for both sides 

Viking ? Know his name? 

2 hours ago, Back in the game said:

St.day 3rds 8-1 St.Ives Mariners 

Half time 2-0

Goal scorers 

Joe Ashton 6

Kyle Barclay 1

Morgan Blenes 1 

Pleasure to be in the middle for this game! Well fought first half and early in the second half before st day went on to hit 6 in second half! Very clean game and only had to go to pocket once! Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season! I'm sure I will see you again before the end! Also thanks for being so welcoming in the club house after!  

West Cornwall 3-1 Mawnan

Real battle today. Game ebbed and flowed right to the very end. We started brilliantly, scoring in the 1st minute, a free header from Jay Smith. Mawnan then got a foothold in the game, and we had to soak up a lot of pressure without Mawnan creating any notable chances. Then a collision between our keeper and their striker forced us into a change with Ian Chatfield having to go in the sticks! He loved that!! Mawnan equalised from a great strike from just outside the area through a lot of bodies. Felt we sort of hung on a little til HT, mainly defending high balls without Chats really having a save to make.

2nd half we came flying out of the blocks. First 20 minutes and we looked like the only team that were going to score, but we didn't. Mawnan weathered the storm and had a 10 minute spell where we went a little flat and they got back on top. They had a couple of really good chances that they couldn't convert. By this point I was thinking a point each wouldn't be the end of the world. Alas, from somewhere we found another gear and for the final 15 minutes we were absolutely superb. Dealt with everything they could throw at us and looked really dangerous going forward. The excellent Jordan Knuckey was a constant menace, and his driving runs kept forcing them back towards their own goal. He eventually managed to get slipped in behind to finish well one on one, then immediately we made it 3, we won the ball back from the restart, won a corner, and the clearance fell kindly to Chris Prout on the edge of the area who smashed the leather off it to beat the keeper, who got a good hand to it but couldn't keep it out. That knocked the stuffing out of them really, and we saw the game out brilliantly for the last 5 minutes. Could have added to our total but it would have been a slightly harsh scoreline on reflection of the whole game. 

Mawnan a much changed side from previous meetings who will be right up there come May. All the best for the season lads.

Trelawny 3: Ludgvan Reserves 5-2 Frogpool and Cusgarne Reserves

After suffering successive defeats, Ludgvan got back to winning ways with an impressive 5-2 victory over Frogpool at Fair Field.

The Hurlers started brightly and were rewarded for their efforts when Michael Fitchett slotted home after Jamie Robinson's mazy run down the right-hand side.

The visitors were always a threat going forward but a combination of some good defending (which included a goal-line clearance) and some wasteful finishing prevented them from getting back into the game.

Fitchett added another to his tally when he raced through on goal before rifling into the far corner and Liam Devine made it 3-0 when he turned in Jamie Leah's shot-come-pass just before half-time.

The next goal was always going to be crucial and it came a few minutes after the restart when a well-placed free-kick secured Fitchett his hat-trick. The forward then notched his fourth shortly after to put the game to bed.

To their credit, Frogpool didn't give up and managed to get themselves on the scoresheet twice in the final ten minutes against some tired Ludgvan legs.

23 hours ago, Soly_Titans said:

Junior Cup

New Inn Titans 4 -0 St Erme

Really good game of football well refereed by Gary Stevens. St Erme started brightly passing the ball well but Titans took the lead through Reece Prout with a lovely run and finish. Hal Davis added two more before half time, one from the penalty spot. 

H/T 3-0

The second half was a far more even contest but Reece Prout with a sharp turn on the left hand side smashed the ball inside the keepers post to make it 4-0. Job done and into the next round. 

MOTM 

shared between Reece Prout and Jason Fenton, who was dominant at the back. 

Best of luck to St Erme. Cracking bunch of lads and good to see you back at the pub after. Apologies the food took so long, your goalkeeper was the only one left to enjoy it. 

A pretty fair write up, we knew it would be a tough game but went and gave a decent account of ourselves considering our season so far, disappointed to make at least two errors that cost us goals and what I felt was a soft pen but take nothing away from the Titans who are a top side and unlucky to still be stuck in Div 4 after the restructuring of the leagues.

Good luck to them in the next round and of course for the rest of the season in which I'll be amazed if they don't win Div 4, if they don't it'll have to be a top top side to beat them to it!! 

Chacewater reserves 0-4 Illogan 3rds 

Pretty one way traffic on chances created and amount of possession we had but credit to Chacewater could of been lot more if it wasn't for the last ditch defending and some below average finishing from us, Chacewater skipper had nasty head wound early on credit to him for staying on and was probably there best player on the day at back... 

With lots new faces arriving over pre season and some old ones returning seems like were beginning to really click and hopefully bring that form into really tough period of games now against frogpool, penwith and Pendeen all very good sides in there own right 

Goals 

Garry sturmey, Jordan Lyth, Jordan Richards, Pete Norfolk!!! 

Joint man of match Illogan Simon Carter and Tom Lyth superb in middle of defence won everything aerially, started lots of attacks and huge threats at set pieces too.. Thanks to Chacewater for food after see you at our place in the new year 

Must say the game needs all type of players, I've played against Tony a few times and he's hard but helped me up a few times after fouls. Was a really good game against Redruth and played in a good atmosphere. I've played a long time for Frogpool and the refs performance was one of the best I've seen down the years. Front three of Frogpool looking good. 

1 hour ago, Droid said:

Must say the game needs all type of players, I've played against Tony a few times and he's hard but helped me up a few times after fouls. Was a really good game against Redruth and played in a good atmosphere. I've played a long time for Frogpool and the refs performance was one of the best I've seen down the years. Front three of Frogpool looking good. 

Nicolas Lasseter is this you!!??

Tony Barber is a very good battling centre midfielder. He is a good competitior and I'm sure his fouling is just down to being rusty and a little overweight ? due to all the food he stores in that beard of his!!!

23 hours ago, Hurler said:

Trelawny 3: Ludgvan Reserves 5-2 Frogpool and Cusgarne Reserves

After suffering successive defeats, Ludgvan got back to winning ways with an impressive 5-2 victory over Frogpool at Fair Field.

The Hurlers started brightly and were rewarded for their efforts when Michael Fitchett slotted home after Jamie Robinson's mazy run down the right-hand side.

The visitors were always a threat going forward but a combination of some good defending (which included a goal-line clearance) and some wasteful finishing prevented them from getting back into the game.

Fitchett added another to his tally when he raced through on goal before rifling into the far corner and Liam Devine made it 3-0 when he turned in Jamie Leah's shot-come-pass just before half-time.

The next goal was always going to be crucial and it came a few minutes after the restart when a well-placed free-kick secured Fitchett his hat-trick. The forward then notched his fourth shortly after to put the game to bed.

To their credit, Frogpool didn't give up and managed to get themselves on the scoresheet twice in the final ten minutes against some tired Ludgvan legs.

Apologies for my lack of match report, it was not down to bitterness but rather down to embarrassment after one of the worst displays since I took over as manager.

The lads did not turn up on the day, missing a couple of key players was no excuse because we still had an 11 out that I believed was good enough to win the game.

Ludgvan thoroughly deserved the win and took their chances really really well and never looked like losing. We were poor throughout the entirety of the team and we have to move on from this match quickly as it was certainly a performance to forget.

Really really disappointed with myself for maybe making the wrong call shape and personnel wise.

Thanks to Ludgvan who are always excellent hosts, they don't deserve to be anywhere near where they are in the table, they have a good side out there and will do well this season.

i went along to watch the ST Day 3rds match and was pleasantly surprised by the set up their club has, is this owned by them or the council?

On the pitch it was quite one sided, ST Ives Mariners looked a little understrength maybe but they didnt give up and seemed to take the defeat on the chin. The young ST Day lad who scored all the goals seemed far too good for this league, and having since looked at their 2nd teams results and form, and their 1sts i might add why on earth is he playing down at this level?!

14 minutes ago, Sijames said:

i went along to watch the ST Day 3rds match and was pleasantly surprised by the set up their club has, is this owned by them or the council?

On the pitch it was quite one sided, ST Ives Mariners looked a little understrength maybe but they didnt give up and seemed to take the defeat on the chin. The young ST Day lad who scored all the goals seemed far too good for this league, and having since looked at their 2nd teams results and form, and their 1sts i might add why on earth is he playing down at this level?!

Joe Ashton I gather your talking about scored 6 according to trelawny league page!!! I believe he played senior football few seasons back at Redruth United, since then I he's been playing lower divisions for Newbridge athletic and now St day 3rds who I believe he played under the manager there elsewhere before like plenty of those players who are in that side.. Very strong squad there ran by Ivan who's top bloke 

3 hours ago, Sijames said:

Are we going to have another debate on people playing lower than they could be? He's probably either playing for a manager he knows and gets on with or is playing with his mates. He was Trelawny 4's top scorer last season despite being in a Newbridge side that finished second or third from bottom I believe. Great player.

3 minutes ago, Portreathlegend said:

Surely if a few of the boys in the 3rds have dictated to the club that they will only play for Ivan then I feel sorry for the club.

Surely the clubs set up should dictate that its best players would play for the first team??

very good point, seems a little strange that a club of their stature would allow players / lower league managers to dictate who plays for who, surly the cream should rise to the top??

tempo - do i feel a little awkwardness due to the fact your team / club may be in the same situation?

38 minutes ago, Sijames said:

very good point, seems a little strange that a club of their stature would allow players / lower league managers to dictate who plays for who, surly the cream should rise to the top??

tempo - do i feel a little awkwardness due to the fact your team / club may be in the same situation?

I'm not ashamed to admit that some of my players are good enough to play for the first team. There's no awkwardness about it, and some of them have come from combo or higher to play for me.

The club has allowed me to form a team on the understanding that they want to play for me, but will fill in for the first team if Nick sees fit.

He has a squad of players that are also strong, and we have an understanding that if he required one of my players they will play for him.

33 minutes ago, Tempo said:

I'm not ashamed to admit that some of my players are good enough to play for the first team. There's no awkwardness about it, and some of them have come from combo or higher to play for me.

The club has allowed me to form a team on the understanding that they want to play for me, but will fill in for the first team if Nick sees fit.

He has a squad of players that are also strong, and we have an understanding that if he required one of my players they will play for him.

:yahoo:

I play for St Day 3rds and out of the whole squad only 4/5 players played football last season. The rest of the squad are made up of players who have spent the last 5/6 maybe longer years out of the game plus a couple of youngsters who are learning a lot from this! For those players they didn't know what to expect when they turned out for our first pre season game but this is the result. It could of been a very different story if it didn't work!

A couple have gone up to the seconds and others have decided to play elsewhere. We can't force them to stay but the ones that have are learning all the time...what better way to start mens football! We are only 5 games in to our season and our league is competitive so let's see if everyone feels the same at the end of the season but for now we are enjoying our football and picking results up along the way...surely that's what it's all about?

8 hours ago, DW23 said:

A couple have gone up to the seconds and others have decided to play elsewhere. We can't force them to stay but the ones that have are learning all the time...what better way to start mens football! We are only 5 games in to our season and our league is competitive so let's see if everyone feels the same at the end of the season but for now we are enjoying our football and picking results up along the way...surely that's what it's all about?

Wouldn't worry about it mate. Keep doing what you're doing. People just love to moan. They'd be moaning if you were on the brink of folding as well. 

I'm not worried at all I was one of the players that played some of last season and was ready to give it all up because I wasn't enjoying it. It's amazing what joining back up with some old faces can do!  Flying under the radar isn't an option when you're picking up results like this but another team will be next week's scapegoat so lets wait for that!

1 hour ago, DW23 said:

I'm not worried at all I was one of the players that played some of last season and was ready to give it all up because I wasn't enjoying it. It's amazing what joining back up with some old faces can do!  Flying under the radar isn't an option when you're picking up results like this but another team will be next week's scapegoat so lets wait for that!

All the best, see you in a few weeks!