Cornwall Football Forum

SILVERBOW.

51 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Motive - now there's a powerful word.

Been watching TCFC for several years, and felt you had to come on here and correct mis-infrmation - really (!!!) after all these years.

There's certainly a motive for posting, what it is exactly - only you know - I know what I think...... I'll leave it at that.

Firstly to Grim Reaper:__ Apologies as my first post should not have used capitals and added are now on.....

My second post was a reaction to ss's implied questioning about my intentions in posting as I saw it.

Older _ let me say I was simply trying to state that the plans were on the website - as above my first post obviously raised hackles for which I am sorry.

And finally I am not a fool , though perhaps watching tcfc for 40 years may not be the best defence lol

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, DoneShouting said:

Firstly to Grim Reaper:__ Apologies as my first post should not have used capitals and added are now on.....

My second post was a reaction to ss's implied questioning about my intentions in posting as I saw it.

Older _ let me say I was simply trying to state that the plans were on the website - as above my first post obviously raised hackles for which I am sorry.

And finally I am not a fool , though perhaps watching tcfc for 40 years may not be the best defence lol

If you say ,you have been watching Truro for 40 years,and that is true.I wiil know you.I have been watching them around the same time,maybe a bit longer.

I would like to mention that the ground plans were on the TCFC website, for a brief time, they were then removed only to reappear later. SO EVERYONE IS CORRECT OR WRONG DEPENDING ON THE TIMING OF LOOKING THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.:yahoo:

May be quiet on here this evening if somersetspur is off to Bunters to watch Super Spurs.

18 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

If you say ,you have been watching Truro for 40 years,and that is true.I wiil know you.I have been watching them around the same time,maybe a bit longer.

To clarify I started watching in 1971 - even walking to and from Kenwyn Hill Caravan Park before I got my first car !

Unfortunately I am unable to attend away matches so I expect our paths are unlikely to cross !! Lol

16 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

I would like to mention that the ground plans were on the TCFC website, for a brief time, they were then removed only to reappear later. SO EVERYONE IS CORRECT OR WRONG DEPENDING ON THE TIMING OF LOOKING THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.:yahoo:

May be quiet on here this evening if somersetspur is off to Bunters to watch Super Spurs.

Thanks for that _ I guess timing is an art !

52 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

No need for Bunters,Ivor.

Railway Tavern now have Sky and BT Sport..:drink:

35 minutes ago, DoneShouting said:

To clarify I started watching in 1971 - even walking to and from Kenwyn Hill Caravan Park before I got my first car !

Unfortunately I am unable to attend away matches so I expect our paths are unlikely to cross !! Lol

Im starting to suspect you,already.

You tell me when you started watching TCFC.That you only go to home games,and our paths wont cross.Trust me if you been watching TCFC since 1971.Our paths have crossed on many occasion's.

I will reserve my judgement on you for a while.

2 hours ago, DoneShouting said:

No need to apologise to me buddy - all's fair in love and war as they say.:c:

Who's in charge of the zoo? 

Those monkeys are chimps and they're having a civilised tea party. 

Great FUN.

At least you get goals at TRURO - I went to Slovenia to watch England 0-0, watched Liverpool v Man Utd at home 0-0, went to the pub Leverkusen v Spurs 0-0 and the experts say nil nil results are rare, the professionals need to get cooking. My next game should be St Albans City v Truro City  OUCH - PAINFUL PASTIME watching Truro City. 

Oh then it will be Spurs v Leverkusen at Wembley - hopefully not another ouch.

1 hour ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Who's in charge of the zoo? 

Those monkeys are chimps and they're having a civilised tea party. 

Great FUN.

At least you get goals at TRURO - I went to Slovenia to watch England 0-0, watched Liverpool v Man Utd at home 0-0, went to the pub Leverkusen v Spurs 0-0 and the experts say nil nil results are rare, the professionals need to get cooking. My next game should be St Albans City v Truro City  OUCH - PAINFUL PASTIME watching Truro City. 

Oh then it will be Spurs v Leverkusen at Wembley - hopefully not another ouch.

See you at St Albans and Wembley.

As usual, another batch of hysterical nonsense posted by people who do not have a clue to what is going on behind the scenes.

The club is moving forward.

Just because the men in charge have no wish to discuss their business plans with all and sundry - particularly the mob who come on here - does not mean the club is not moving in the right direction.

It is so easy for people to criticise and snipe - most of you don't have a pot to p**s in and the biggest financial deal you have probably been involved with is paying for your week's holiday in Rhyl.

Be quiet, be patient.

1 minute ago, TruroPostie said:

As usual, another batch of hysterical nonsense posted by people who do not have a clue to what is going on behind the scenes.

Just because the men in charge have no wish to discuss their business plans with all and sundry - particularly the mob who come on here - does not mean the club is not moving in the right direction.

It is so easy for people to criticise and snipe - most of you don't have a pot to p**s in and the biggest financial deal you have probably been involved with is paying for your week's holiday in Rhyl.

Be quiet, be patient.

NO.I wont keep quiet,until the Club tells us what the future holds.

Thats the whole problem,Pete.Keeping quiet.

Oh and I have a lovely pot to p--s in.Plus I dont go on Holiday in Rhyl.

Talking down to people that matter,just about sums you up.

Any news on the meeting with Helical Bar last Thursday.?

Any news on the reports coming out of Torquay today.

Any congratulations to the Truro rejects at Taunton,taking the F.A.Cup by storm.

No ,you continue to keep quiet then.

45 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

NO.I wont keep quiet,until the Club tells us what the future holds.

Thats the whole problem,Pete.Keeping quiet.

Oh and I have a lovely pot to p--s in.Plus I dont go on Holiday in Rhyl.

Talking down to people that matter,just about sums you up.

Any news on the meeting with Helical Bar last Thursday.?

Any news on the reports coming out of Torquay today.

Any congratulations to the Truro rejects at Taunton,taking the F.A.Cup by storm.

No ,you continue to keep quiet then.

Somersetspur the club have said what the future holds, you just don't like what you're hearing which is your own prerogative. The building at Silverbow is scheduled to start in January. The plans have been put on the website for all to see. Masters has already said he has an option for Torquay which might be needed for the first few games of next season, as it is an 8 month time frame to get silverbow built. He said this on radio Cornwall last week.

Congratulations to Taunton. I'm sure if those five players hadn't left, Truro would easily be in the 1st round proper.

22 hours ago, DoneShouting said:

You would have been in your element for the season Truro played at Kenwyn Hill!

9 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

The problem is HTFC that the goalposts are continuing moving! :ninja:

This is true Dave but I guess new football stadiums are problematic and time consuming. There are plenty of examples of this across football, Afc Wimbledon, Brentford, Hayes and Yeading, Southend, Bristol Rovers, York city etc I could go on and on. All of these have been delayed and delayed for different reasons.

7 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Eight month time frame, that's quick. Is it 3g or grass?

From what the club have said 3g I believe so it can be used 7 days a week, for youth etc. I might be wrong however. 

2 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Be quiet, be patient.

If I didn't have a pot to p!$$ in I could be offended I am happy mine is leak proof, thankfully over the years I have been fortunate to write 6 figure £ cheques from my personal account not relying on a " get out of jail free card" like those used by previous owners of football clubs.

If I didn't have that leak proof pot I'd be bankrupt and there is no likely hood of that, others may overstretch to need that if they become too clever for their own good.

Has the Torquay Herald Express got it wrong by suggesting Silver Bow will not commence in January? And that the start date has been put back further.

I see a forced 2 or 3 division relegation on the horizon for not reaching the completion date,  should that happen will those posting on here be further vilified. 

1 hour ago, HTFC said:

This is true Dave but I guess new football stadiums are problematic and time consuming. There are plenty of examples of this across football, Afc Wimbledon, Brentford, Hayes and Yeading, Southend, Bristol Rovers, York city etc I could go on and on. All of these have been delayed and delayed for different reasons.

From what the club have said 3g I believe so it can be used 7 days a week, for youth etc. I might be wrong however. 

I HAVE POSTED A THREAD UNDER THE ANNOUNCEMENTS SECTION REGARDING 3G SAFETY, I PLEAD THAT PEOPLE READ IT, CHILDREN'S SAFETY COULD BE AT RISK.

I posted the above because of tragic circumstances experienced within my family that may have been related to artificial surfaces, many playgrounds and schools have them.

3 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Be quiet, be patient.

This is a forum where posters are allowed to discuss / argue their points and what does anybody's financial situation have to do with you?  You may be very successful and have a few quid but that doesn't give you the right to have a pop at others that don't ,  Cornwall is a poor area  most on Zero hours / minimum wage , seasonal  work,  of course all clubs will discuss behind closed doors what direction their clubs are going with the committee / owners.  Truro fans are worried about their club  and in my humble not upwardly mobile opinion they have every right to be worried  when you have sarcastic posts from Postie which seems to be attempting to drive a wedge between your own clubs fans  and promises of a new ground  a long way off .  It is a shame Cornwall's top club is not bouncing and  have a reserve team which would help build bridges with local Derby's  and fans looking forward to a trip to Truro  ,  all the fans want the same thing  what is best for the club  and not bitching and putting people down because they don't have money to invest  .

5 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Someones rattled (!)

The club is going in the right direction - down (?)

Don't have a pot to p**s in......that's coming from a postman who asked everyone on here to put £100 in - did you (?)

Biggest financial deal been involved in....personally around £33 million, but same as TCFC - not my money either.

Be quiet ......sorry - we don't work for you.

He is rattled alright,backed into a corner by Helical,his best form of defence was to come out on the attack against his own clubs fans,as he did.Truro Postie would like to have everyone believe him to be that captain of industry,the business tycoon,a successful mogul like never seen before,he wishes!Sorry but under his Chairmanship to date,it hasn't looked good and neither does it look good going forward.As for his snubbing Tauntons fine performance last evening,he seems to forget how far he is up Torquays flue.Didnt they have the TCFC coach and driver last night.Oh yes,on a Saturday he has a preference to tweet about Torquay game,rather than Truro,a bizarre way to show his allegence to Truro,or does it lay with Torquay now.

What's the big secret? Are they building this stadium or not? That's all people want to know where is the harm all this beating around the bush nonsense isn't helping anyone and on a side not Truropostie I think your business acumen stinks with idiots like you slating people for having little/no spare money you wonder why attendences are so low get a grip of yourself and look what you write!!! Therein lies the problem 

On 19 October 2016 at 08:47, somersetspur said:

Do I give a monkey's what Goldeneye thinks.????????????????????????????

Likewise I don't care what you think Somersetspur, but I do know some things that are going on behind the scenes that you are not aware of. You really do need to shut up for a while and be patient. Seems to me that you don't want the move to Silverbow to be a success!

On 19 October 2016 at 15:15, TruroPostie said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

55 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Likewise I don't care what you think Somersetspur, but I do know some things that are going on behind the scenes that you are not aware of. You really do need to shut up for a while and be patient. Seems to me that you don't want the move to Silverbow to be a success!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

Who are you,to tell me to shut up.

6 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

It does seem that Truro 'supporters' ,particularly the rent a mouth mob who plague this forum with their ill informed garbage will only be happy when the current infastructure exits.

Well, be careful what you wish for ......

I'm definitely not a Truro supporter.

I don't think it's a case of what some wish for - but rather your wish.

11 hours ago, cat weasel said:

Shut up SSS hahahahaha you ok mate 

Oh yes,Im great.

The pressure is on,and it is starting to tell.

Ive got no money.I can only p£ss in pot.i know nothing,and I have been told to put up and shut up.

And people tell me I talk a load of rubbish.

Look out Torquay,all this could be coming your way.:yahoo:

48 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

So sad to see,but when the shutters come down and there is nothing coming out of the Club.

You know something is not right.

But then ,the dear little souls are working so hard behind the scenes.

I think most people work harder in their sleep what are they actually doing a few years ago it was a pleasure to go and play/watch down at treyew but now I wouldn't go there if it was free the biggest club in Cornwall with the worst owners/committee I fear the worst as do many others

Notwithstanding all the 'rights', 'wrongs' and 'what-ifs' etc, the bottom line is that the Club Management, although you have to give them full credit for saving the club 4 years ago and bringing the club up to their current level, are doing absolutely nothing to gain a rapport with the fans at the moment - As Somerset Spur says, all this smoke and mirrors nonsense is ridiculous - fans are staying away in their droves - Last Saturday about 200 fans down on the previous Saturday - Although I personally do not agree with this, as I think you should attend your team's games irrespective of results etc, I do have some sympathy with the stay a ways.

Let's face facts - £13 entry now ( one of the most expensive in the league, in a low wage area ), absolutely NO atmosphere at Home Games, just loads of 'spin' and no real 'substance' on the new ground to give us real confidence it will be built ( now delayed to January - or even later ? ). I also find it a bit odd that a chairman whose first question when I'm checking my Mobile Smart 'Phone after a game is not how did Truro play today ? but "How have Torquay got on today" ? !! As much as I respect Torquay for giving us an option to share their ground, especially if Truro have just lost at Home I don't give a fig about how any other team has got on, or at least I don't right after the final whistle.

No reserve or youth sides ( although I could see some logic of the club abandoning these in the short term for their promotion season, so as to have less injuries, more players available and less games postponed etc. ) - The Club is once more showing a S Western League mentality in disguise while masquerading as a Step 2 Club in the National South.

I personally still have no doubt that the Chairman is working 'almost all week' for Truro City, and, indeed, probably does have the club's best interests at heart, but what about the fans ? The club is bigger than any individual, but the attitude seems to be a " I''m putting loads of money into keeping the club afloat so why are they moaning' ? mentality - True, we are all grateful for this so that we still have a club to follow, but what if something happened that this could no longer continue ? We would probably be back in the S Western League faster than you can say "White Tigers" !!

Where is the gradual handing over to the fans having more say / running the club that the Chairman promised in his end of season presentations a couple of years ago, when he said he wanted this to happen "as me and Pip ( Perryman) will not be here forever" ! ? Also, what new investor will come aboard at the moment when the club does not even have a ground ?

Yes, I also agree with the Chairman - that the main aim is to stay up this season and then 'kick on' when the new ground is built - but will this happen ?

I think, without being too negative, the Club Management might have to admit defeat on Silverbow - I honestly cannot see it happening, despite their best efforts - S4C ? maybe. But just for the fact that "little old Cornwall" is about the only county in the country without a half decent sport's stadium, I cannot see 2 separate stadiums being built, let alone one, and so close to each other at that. Surely it's no shame to admit defeat, or at least come out and say the fight is being lost - It's the lack of transparency and 'spin' that is coming from the club that is frustrating.

Concerning the playing side of things, there has to be something wrong with a side that is conceding so much at home - it is my personal belief that this side could be good enough to finish half way up the league ( away results have proved that - with draws and wins against sides much higher up the table ).  Of course the lack of atmosphere at Treyew does not help - if only the crowd were half as vocal as Somerset Spur, his TISA colleagues and other fans at away games. it would make for a better atmosphere and perhaps the players would feel more incentive to produce the goods at home ( only one win the league all season ). I don't think it's coincidence that the away record is better than the home one. And why on earth the club let the likes of Shane White go I will never know, surely he would be as good as anything we have in defence at the moment - but there we are.

I'll now rest my case and say no more - sorry for the length of this post , but I'm one very frustrated ( but still patient - as you have to be when supporting Truro ) supporter at the moment

Volty.

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

Don't agree with everything in your post Voltaire, but at least it was well balanced. Unlike some others on here who can only find fault with everything.

Once again Goldeneye more bo££ocks.

You dont agree with  much anyway.

Plus I dont find fault with everything,because I agreed with Voltaire.