Cornwall Football Forum

Combo League/Cup Results

Falmouth 0 v Newquay 2 (cup replay)

Thats five unbeaten for Newquay under the new management team of Vic Osbourne and Lol McKune.

Mike Rabone 30 mins, Luke Wheldon 60 mins.

Falmouth were fighting with anyone they could - the ref, the linesman, the opposition and themselves. There was no lacking their commitment but we must have won 30+ free kicks for late challenges. It spoilt what should have been a great game.

A superb ref took no nonsense...despite being harrassed by 6 players over every single decision. Again, a good game spoilt. We will enjoy our victory. Two very tough games and Falmouth have some very talented players and will be pushing up the league with the players they have on show...just clam down lads. You lost the game all by yourselves today.

Good result for Penzance I see. Well done cornishteddyboy and the gang.

First some club news. Jeremy Ede has left the club and is no longer the manager of the Reserves. At the moment Terry Burgess and Phil Shapcott running the team. If you read this Jeremy thanks for what you've done for us.

Penzance Reserves 3-3 St Day

Penzance drag Andy Mead out of retirement to help boost the back 4. No 1st teamers in the squad, a mix of youngsters up front and some older heads at the back. Pz revert to 4-4-2 instead of 3-5-2

Both keepers played a blinder today with great saves. Penzance were 3-0 up and let it slip away as midfield ran out of steam and I must admit St Day never game up the cause. Great game to watch and in the last 5mins Pz really tried for a winner.

11mins 1-0 Pz free kick on left. Ball comes over and Jack Liddicott jumps up high and taps ball into net.

39mins 2-0 Pz break (I must admit we were well off-side but ref waved play on), Sam Long beats keeper.

Keeper (St Day No 1) is booked for dissent.

55mins 3-0 Shot by Alphie Turner from 30yds beats keeper

57mins 3-1. St day player turns and shoots across goal from edge of box. Ball hits upright and rebounds in.

64mins 3-2 Penalty for handball converted

Mark Grenfell (PZ) booked for dissent.

71mins 3-3 St Day corner floated over, strong header into net.

Jack Liddicott booked for kicking ball away.

Ref played 45+8mins for 2nd half.

Corner count Pz 3 St Day 9

Shots on target too many to count!

Every player on the pitch played well for both teams. Men of the match-both keepers and Mark Grenfell.

Crowd at start 20 (they all forgot 2:30pm kick-off) went up to 40 including lady with a pram who spent the whole game walking up and down the far touchline.

CTB

Guest Helston Patriot

Penryn 1-2 Helston

Dom pullen

Brian Hawke

We were at our worst in the first half, Kick up the ass and we played better in the second half (still well below par)

Will make Porthleven Reserves 2nd in the table

Top 3

Truro 46 points from 18 games

Porthleven 35 from 16

Helston 33 from 11

Can't do rest until scores come in.

From the results we've got so far tonight

Hayle, Newquay, Helston and St Agnes through to Q-F of League Cup

Ludgvan, Penzance, Culdrose, St Day, Mullion, Falmouth, Penryn and Perranwell in Supplementary Cup.

Guest Peppermint

Well done to Soccer Follower and Ronin for being the only people to predict the Falmouth Town v Newquay result correctly.

The Newquay v Truro City game in midweek is not being played due to some repairs to the floodlights.

Will make Porthleven Reserves 2nd in the table

Top 3

Truro 46 points from 18 games

Porthleven 35 from 16

Helston 33 from 11

Can't do rest until scores come in.

From the results we've got so far tonight

Hayle, Newquay, Helston and St Agnes through to Q-F of League Cup

Ludgvan, Penzance, Culdrose, St Day, Mullion, Falmouth, Penryn and Perranwell in Supplementary Cup.

STILL A TIGHT LEAGUE WITH THE MIGHTY BLUES WITH MEGA GAMES IN HAND. LONG WAY TO GO

League Cup HOLMANS 1 - 1 TRURO CITY aet

Very good hard fought bruising game spoilt by a totally ancient unfit referee and a home assistant 14years old who kept putting his flag up everytime Truro got near the area for offside .....( he did admit that he `forgot `that the goalkeeper counted as one of the 2 permitted defenders when questioned afterwards !!)

Truro had the ball in the net 3 times and missed a penalty !!!

Highlight of the day ...Holmans defender who had kicked just about every white shirt on the park ......decided to take the ref out from behind and stamp on his face as he went over his body .......

we assume it was accidental ??? :o:o :o

Perranporth 0 - 1 Illogan RBL (OG)

Perran had their chances in the first half but didn't take them. Battled hard again in the last 15 mins of the game but couldn't pull back. Can't comment on the own goal cos I missed it! :)

Breas for once is correct we were poor 1st half against a very determined Penryn side. I think the players seemed to 4get that they are the current holders of the trophy. They were not a shade on the side I watched Tuesday night. They never gave up and were in our faces for 90 minutes a credit to themselves and to Terry Jarvis. I gave out a bit of a roasting at half time and we were much better. The last 15minutes we came into our own a bit and started to play some football.To sum the game right up it was a typical cup tie a little scrappy but full bloodied and played inpretty good spirit.

A wins a win and we progress into the next round

RNAS Culdrose 0 St.Ives 3

h/t 0-2

Culdrose never really recovered from conceeding a goal in the first minute and Simon Carter added a second later after he had one ruled out for handball.

Midway through the second half Carter held off a defender to score the third and he put a penalty wide of the post in the closing stages.

Injury to the visiting keeper(reoccurance of an old injury) with half an hour to go resulted in outfield player taking over and he made one splendid full length save.

I have to say that the Holmans -Truro game was very enjoyable especially when the ref got poleaxed by Hal Davis. Holmans did ride their luck but I am sure that Truro will admit that the Camborne club did play well and could even have won it after hitting a post and being one on one a couple of times in extra time. The ref wasn't the greatest that I have ever seen!