Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results - 10/11/07

Not sure which cup but wendron 5th's (mining 3) and ludgven res (mining 2) drew 3-3 (1-1 half time) thanks to 2 late goals from the away side. Extra time was even and then wendron won the penalty shoot out with the home keeper saving 3 penaltys. Played in a good cup spirt with wendron having 7 16 year olds playing.

ILLOGAN 2 - 0 TITANS A.P CUP

GOOD GAME BATTLED OUT BY BOTH SIDES TILL THE END ILLOGAN GAVE THE TITANS THERE FIRST TASTE OF MINING 1 BY PLAYING SOME GOOD QUICK FOOTBALL SADLY THE TITANS DIDNT FIND THE BACK OF THE NET. TITANS MAN OF THE MATCH GAREATH BARBER (GOAL KEEPER ) HAD A OUTSTANDING GAME KEEPING THE TITANS IN IT UNTIL THE END. TITANS WISH ILLOGAN ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEXT ROUND AND THE REST OF THE SEASON.

Division One:

Goonhavern 6, Holmans 1

Spice of Life 2, Halsetown 1

Division Two

Halsetown 3, Goonhavern 5

Division Three

Redruth Utd 3, Gulval 1

St Buryan 3, Portreath 2

Arthur Pearce Cup, First Round

Four Lanes 3, St Buryan 0

Illogan RBL 2, Titans 0

Madron 7, Gwinear Churchtown 5

Mousehole 4, St Agnes 2

St Ives Mariners 5, Pendeen 7

Sennen 2, Mt Ambrose 3

Trevenson Utd 5, Marazion Blues 3

Trispen 5, Redruth Utd 2

Troon 1, New Park Rangers 3

Gulval 0, Portreath 1 (aet)

Guest geachy1

threemilestone 4 - cornish new boys 2 aet,

cornish new boys gave us a very tough game they went 2 nil up and we came back 2-2 , we {tms} not at full strenghth but still had a good side out, i scored from a drop kick, to make it 2-2

well played new boys

We huffed & puffed our way through this tie after extra time,twice in 2 weeks now,but we finally got the result I think we deserved after a second half extra time goal by Callum Salmon.

I thought we were the better side but Gulval defended well & were very organised throughout & could have taken the lead midway through the 2nd half,only a great save alan bucks prevented them doing so.

We didnt have the killer touch I would have liked up top but we seem to have a trump card in Callum.

JUst like to say well done to Gulval & I'm sure they will fight there up the league if they keep playing like they did today.

Good luck for the rest of the season & we'll see you soon.

Guest Football Monkey

The West Briton also had Illogan v School of Mines in Mining 2 and Newlyn v Crown Inn Glory in Mining 3. Does anyone know if this was right? :unsure:

Guest postman pat

just like to say as chairman of the TITANS how proud of our team i was today even though we were playing a good div.1 team in ILLOGAN res. we still tried to play football as it should be played.the only thing lacking was our final ball in the last third of the park.well done to everyone a good advert for junior football from both sides.good luck to ILLOGAN for the rest of the season.

on a seperate note who will be the new winners of the ARTHUR PEARCE cup as PRAZE have won it for what seems like the last 20years lol :P but they cant win it this year?

threemilestone 4 - cornish new boys 2 aet,

cornish new boys gave us a very tough game they went 2 nil up and we came back 2-2 , we {tms} not at full strenghth but still had a good side out, i scored from a drop kick, to make it 2-2

well played new boys

Just want to say well done to the Threemilestone boys, the game was played in great spirits and we all enjoyed a pint at the social club after.

I think in the end class and the fitness of a higher level team showed through, just cant believe we were 2-0 up with ten to go and you boys still took us to extra time gutted!!!

Still i think we proved our worth as a newly entered team seems a hand full of us , includin myself have never played any sort of junior football before EVER!!!

By the looks of it a few teams from our leage proived our worth 2day as well well done shows mining 3 is looking bright good show lads.