Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results - 10/11/07

Guest Frogman

Falmouth Albion 1 - 6 Fropool

Not sure where the other goal came from above, but albion definitely only scored 1.

another 2 for Mr Rapsey and great performances by danno hutchings and jason dyer who also got 2 each.

Appropriate revenge for being beaten by their 1ST TEAM in the cup final last year.

well refereed but not sure of the refs name.

COME ON THE MIGHTY FROGS!

Well done on your victory today Frogman.

However, not sure where you get the idea that our 1ST TEAM beat you in last seasons cup final :huh: . I dont believe any of the players in that team played regularly for the 1st team last year, though some have made the step up this season.

Can you name any of the players who were "1st teamers"

Looking for FHFL 1 results to update league table

HAYLE V FALMOUTH TOWN

HELSTON V MAWNAN

LIZARD V STAGNES

WENDRON V STITHIANS

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth Albion vs Frogpool - referee Trevor Lawrence. Although Wendron vs Ludgvan in the Arthur Pearce Cup has the same T. Lawrence!

Was it 6-1 or 6-2? ChownUK has 6-2 and Rappo text me with 6-2

Guest 00Frogman

Falmouth Albion vs Frogpool - referee Trevor Lawrence. Although Wendron vs Ludgvan in the Arthur Pearce Cup has the same T. Lawrence!

Was it 6-1 or 6-2? ChownUK has 6-2 and Rappo text me with 6-2

def 6-1. don't trust rapo, he was so tired second half he decided to lie down in the opposition box when in a great scoring position!!

Guest Frogman

Well done on your victory today Frogman.

However, not sure where you get the idea that our 1ST TEAM beat you in last seasons cup final :huh: . I dont believe any of the players in that team played regularly for the 1st team last year, though some have made the step up this season.

Can you name any of the players who were "1st teamers"

Looking for FHFL 1 results to update league table

HAYLE V FALMOUTH TOWN

HELSTON V MAWNAN

LIZARD V STAGNES

WENDRON V STITHIANS

Ok shifty, maybe I was a bit unfair sugesting that we played your first team in the final last year, but I'm pretty sure they weren't all 2nd teamers. In the 3 league games that we have played against albion (including yesterdays game) we have a goal difference of + 11. They weren't exactly close games. We beat them 7-2 towards the end of last season and played them just a couple of weeks later in the cup final. The consensus of opinion was that there was very few players that we recognised and there were definitely several quality additions additions to the team that we beat 7-2. To turn that into a 1-4 defeat in just 2 or 3 weeks was very good going to say the least. I cant be certain where the other players came from- you may have had several players out injured for the league game- but it certainly seemed obvious at the time.

This was backed up by representatives from no less than 4 other division 3 clubs who watched the final and came to the same conclusion.

Cant blame you for it- that is the benefit of having more than 1 team- we just felt a bit hard done by.

I can clarify last season that albion did not put any first teamers in the cup final. They use a squad rotation system so maybe put weaker side out for league game but after watching the cup final it was cracking performence from the young lads who deserved their victory. Not one first teamer played otherwise I would have wanted to play, love cup finals. Few of the lads from 2nd team have quite rightly steped up to the first team this year and again having a cracking season :yahoo: :yahoo:

Mawgan 4-1 wendron

The scoreline doesn't tell the full story of the game. Wendron took the lead after half an hour through an own goal from Wendron old boy Chris (towler) Towell when through lack of communication from the keeper and tried to clear the ball and it spooned up over the keeper into the net. Mawgan then had all the ball and wendron hung on for dear life trying to catch Mawgan on the break. Mawgan were doing their best to make it difficult for themselves with their constant bitching and moaning at each other. The equaliser came with about 20 mins left when Steven (spike) Hughes got his head on the end of a ben Trerise corner and powered his header past the keeper. Mawgan took the lead through a Matt Ruse special when he volleyed in from the edge of the area, player/manager Martin (mac) McPhilbin added a 3rd with a left footed drive from the edge of the area. Ben Trerise rounded off a good personal performance with the 4th with a couple of minutes left.

Mawgan got the win they deserved but Wendron put up a good fight and made a good game of it and with performances like that should soon be climbing up the league.

A quick word on the ref who had a great game didn't stop talking to the players. i think we are quick to jump on their backs when we think they are poor so it is only right to praise them when they play well.

Mac

Guest Postie Pidge

DIVISION 1

Wendron vs Stithians

Terry Jennings Cup

Mullion vs Cury

Stithians vs Porthleven Rangers

DIVISION 3

Lanner vs Rosudgeon/Kenneggy

Does anyone have or know the results of these games?

10/11/07

FHFL 2

Carharrack AFC 0 - Truro City 3rds 1

Carharrack entertained Truro City in a match that was a pleasure to watch from start to finish. Despite the score line this was a excellent performance by Carharrack against a unbeaten, young, skilful Truro side, who defiantly have a virtuous future ahead of them. Carharrack took the game to Truro from the beginning and nearly took the lead if it was not for an impressive save by Truro's goalkeeper Chris Mude inside the box. Carharrack played a physical game to say the least, nevertheless Truro gained the advantage after a ball placed into the area was poached into the back of the net by Truro's Rob Dunne before the interval. Carharrack came back in the second half and made series of attacks to pressure the visitors defence, unfortunately they were unable to materialise their efforts into an equaliser, the closest chance was a blast outside the area by winger Sean Wills, who unfortunately hit the crossbar to the dismay of the home crowd. In the end Truro kept their composure until the referee signalled full time, knowing that they certainly had to earn their three points this weekend.

Referee: Simon Way (Penzance)

Yeah sorry lads - it was definitely 6-1!! I think I banged my head when I fell over a couple of times in the second half!!! Got the physio coming tomorrow night Rob!!! Sorry Rich & Pidge, will definitely send you the correct results next week if the physio thinks I've got another game left in me legs!!! :D

Frogman,

As Iamthebest said it was a great performance from the 'second team' players. As I remember correctly the only player who maybe played more 1st than 2nd team games was the left back. A couple of others were on the fringe of the first team but regularly played 2nd team. The rest had at most a handful of appearances, if any, in the first team, which has stood them in good stead for this season.

5-6 of the players were under 18. Of couse there were a few older heads who have played at a higher level previously, but were 2nd team regulars last season. As for the 7-2 defeat dont know who played in that one but as we had a large squad and a hectic backlog of games at the end of last season a squad rotation system was used - so may very well have been a number of different players in that game

The players who played in that final had got the club there, deserved to play and did themselves and the club proud. Shouldnt take that away from them by saying they were just brought in to win the final.

Mawgan 4-1 wendron

The scoreline doesn't tell the full story of the game. Wendron took the lead after half an hour through an own goal from Wendron old boy Chris (towler) Towell when through lack of communication from the keeper and tried to clear the ball and it spooned up over the keeper into the net. Mawgan then had all the ball and wendron hung on for dear life trying to catch Mawgan on the break. Mawgan were doing their best to make it difficult for themselves with their constant bitching and moaning at each other. The equaliser came with about 20 mins left when Steven (spike) Hughes got his head on the end of a ben Trerise corner and powered his header past the keeper. Mawgan took the lead through a Matt Ruse special when he volleyed in from the edge of the area, player/manager Martin (mac) McPhilbin added a 3rd with a left footed drive from the edge of the area. Ben Trerise rounded off a good personal performance with the 4th with a couple of minutes left.

Mawgan got the win they deserved but Wendron put up a good fight and made a good game of it and with performances like that should soon be climbing up the league.

A quick word on the ref who had a great game didn't stop talking to the players. i think we are quick to jump on their backs when we think they are poor so it is only right to praise them when they play well.

Mac

Fair report on the game. We just crumbled in the last 20 mins. Shame because we battled well up until then and mawgan did not react well to it.

Overall a good game shame about the result.

Guest holmans10

hey speedy, fair comment on the referee if your lot concentrated more on the game than arguing with the referee im sure it would of been a tighter game.

game was completely out of control from the first whistle but without the young man we wouldn't of had a game :thumbsup::thumbsup:

MIGHTY HOLMANS

Frogman,

As Iamthebest said it was a great performance from the 'second team' players. As I remember correctly the only player who maybe played more 1st than 2nd team games was the left back. A couple of others were on the fringe of the first team but regularly played 2nd team. The rest had at most a handful of appearances, if any, in the first team, which has stood them in good stead for this season.

5-6 of the players were under 18. Of couse there were a few older heads who have played at a higher level previously, but were 2nd team regulars last season. As for the 7-2 defeat dont know who played in that one but as we had a large squad and a hectic backlog of games at the end of last season a squad rotation system was used - so may very well have been a number of different players in that game

The players who played in that final had got the club there, deserved to play and did themselves and the club proud. Shouldnt take that away from them by saying they were just brought in to win the final.

JUST ADDING TO THE ARGUEMENT AS I WAS A FROGPOOL PLAYER LAST YEAR.MARK SPARGO PLAYED IN THAT CUP FINAL LAST YEAR? HE WAS DEFINATLEY A 1ST TEAM PLAYER AS I KNOW HIM! DONT THINK HED BE LEFT OUT ON A SQUAD ROTATION BASIS IN THE LEAGUE GAMES. HE DOSNT PLAY LEFT BACK EITHER.????? HMMM..

City Hill,

Yes Mark Spargo did play in that game, but he played in the second team for the majority of the season. He was one of the players who played a few first teamgames, some of those in goal when we were short, but for the most part played in the second team. May not have played the league game as on occasions was away.

Trying to catch me out eh! :D

Guest Frogman

Thanks for the backup city hill!

Mark Spargo was a name I was going to mention as I played youth football with him and know that he is too good for the second team. Mark, if your stuck in the seconds go to another club!!

Squad rotation?? sorry but dont falmouth albion only have 2 teams? where were they rotating to and from if they werent coming from the 1st team?

Also, One of the strikers who played in the cup final played for the 1st team the following night against Mousehole- Im sure he wouldn't have played in both if he wasnt an influential player. So were now up to 3 '1st team players'.

Just because you 'rotate' your players enough to make them eligible to play for either team- it doesnt mean that they arent 1st teamers in reality.

Im not trying to take anything away from the team that won the final as they definitely deserved to win on the day, and yes there were a lot of young players (not sure what the relevance of that is?).

Frogman,

What do you class as a '1st teamer'. If it is someone who has played 'a' game for the first team, than virtually everybody at Falmouth Albion is a first team player as almost everybody made some appearance for the first team last season. By the same token virtually everybody made some appearance for the second team.

I would class a 1st team player as someone who has played the majority of the season for that team, and the same for a second team player. Maybe it's our definition of a 1st team player thats the issue.

Yes, there is movement between the two teams, as you would expect at any club (depending on form etc), but most players play the majority of their games in one team or the other. A small number of players play a fairly even number for both teams but this is the exception.

Probably not going to convince you but I have tried. Anyway, lets leave it at that and best of luck for the rest of the season - maybe we'll meet in another final next May :D