Cornwall Football Forum

WOULD PARKWAY TAKE PROMOTION

It is an awful long way off, but would Plymouth Parkway take promotion. Plymouth has never really had a second club playing at a decent level and with a new clubhouse/changing rooms being built soon and pulling in decent gates what do you think their chances would be.

;) I don't think any club official would come here and give you the answer. I would imagine that like most clubs it goes through peoples minds, but as you know its not that simple, its all about the broad range of 'facilities'. There is probably not a club on the site who would say that they would not like to go, fantasy and reality. I have no doubt that by any closing date Parkway along with other clubs would have come to a conclusion as to the possibilities. :D

Guest Sport Lover

Is football the only sport you can decide if you want to go up or not? Wasnt the pyramid idea automatic relegation and promotion. The rules are set out at the beginning of the season and if you dont agree with them then dont play in that league.

If you win the league and choose not to go up you should be relegated.

Is football the only sport you can decide if you want to go up or not? Wasnt the pyramid idea automatic relegation and promotion. The rules are set out at the beginning of the season and if you dont agree with them then dont play in that league.

If you win the league and choose not to go up you should be relegated.

:unsure: Unfortunately the rules governing the pyramid system are far more complicated than that, it would take a brazillian rain forest of paper to explain them all. There are many factors which govern promotion or relegation, not least of all ground qualification. If every club that is in a league like ours had to be promoted or relegated regardless of anything else, the structure of football would look rather silly. :unsure:

Guest Sport Lover

I agree there should be rules regards grounds etc but if your in a league you MUST be able and willing to do whats required to prepare your ground if you get promoted.

How high up the system can you choose whether you take promotion?

but if your in a league you MUST be able and willing to do whats required to prepare your ground if you get promoted.

I see where you are coming from, but that would mean that some teams in the Premier, for example, would have to spend upwards of £100.000, should they finish 1st or 2nd. No team would join any league under those cicumstances. At what level the choice stops, I dont know, I assume when you have all the Premiership requirements.