Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH 0. AFC ST AUSTELL 1

Falmouth old boy HarryvEvans scored the only goal. Chappers and his defence must have played well to keep a clean sheet. A good three points against an improved Falmouth team, well done to both teams on what seemed to be a good match. Looking forward to seeing the boys v Ivybridge next Tuesday and the following Saturday v Street in the Vase. 

I cant be the only one to think the game was lucky to have finished with 22 on the field.

13 hours ago, mattelot said:

Good game for the neutrals.

100% agree.

i think the St Austell bench could / should have conducted themselves better at the end of the game! some of the "talk" back and forth with a few members of the crowd was childish and very unprofessional!

I think St.Austell were lucky to have 11 at the end of the game, 2 late challenges on the Fal Keeper at the end, and a couple of repeat offenders throughout the game ( I know that every foul doesn't warrant a yellow).

The St.Austell bench/management were terrible, one chap in particular (think he may have been one of the managers) shouting 'suck my d**k' up the bank to some old boys in the crowd. Well conducted lads.

Sorry to hear--It couldn't have been player/manager (gentleman) who was on the pitch.

That leaves, the club physio-sssistant manager and a couple of substitutes on the bench.

St.Austell 5 yellow cards--Falmouth 2. (Referee Oliver Green-Plympton).

Ryan Barnes makes his 50th first team appearance the 14th FT goalkeeper to achieve this.

3 hours ago, Mr Mo said:

I cant be the only one to think the game was lucky to have finished with 22 on the field.

I have to agree in a game played with full endeavour from both sides.

The seven yellows could well have seen a red or two added to it, both due to the players giving it 100% combined with a referee who you never quite knew what he would give. One moment he let hefty pushes in the back go, the next he's pulling someone up when the slightest tug of a shirt sleeve made no difference to the player offended able to carry on playing in possession!

Having said that, it was a cracking game for the neutral. Falmouth definitely deserved to get something out of the match and but for Jordan Annear being unlucky when his effort late on hit the upright and a couple great blocking saves from Jason Chapman either side of that, they would have done.