Cornwall Football Forum

COUNTY YOUTH SCHEDULE UPDATED

Dave Deacon

There's been a change to the County Youth playing schedule.

The game on Tuesday 13th September will now be against a LWC Drinks League Representative Side at Penryn with a 7:15 Kick Off.

So to recap :-

The last Invite Only  - Trial takes place on  Tuesday 30th August 2016 at Brannel School, St Stephens 6.30pm – 8pm

Fixtures

Cornwall U18 v Plymouth Argyle Youth - Thursday 8th September, Final Trial Match @Callington Town FC 7pm

Cornwall U18 v LWC Drinks League Representative Side - Tuesday 13th September, Warm Up Match @Penryn TBC 7:15pm

Cornwall U18 v Devon U18 Saturday - 17th September SWCC 2:30pm @Helston Athletic FC

Somerset U18 v Cornwall U18 - Saturday 15th October SWCC 2pm @Glastonbury FC

Gloucestershire v Cornwall Saturday - 29th October FACYC 2nd Round 2pm @Gloucestershire FA HQ

Gloucestershire v Cornwall Saturday - 4th February SWCC 2pm @Gloucestershire FA HQ

David - I don't think any slight was intended towards you and the fantastic work you have done at the CCFA with the County Youth over many years. 

Just going back 12 months when the CCFA were looking to fold the U18 squad for lack of funding (which is still hard to understand) to seeing Glynn and his team raise the profile and visibility of the squad with more games lined up this year has got to be a good thing. 

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

David - I don't think any slight was intended towards you and the fantastic work you have done at the CCFA with the County Youth over many years. 

Just going back 12 months when the CCFA were looking to fold the U18 squad for lack of funding (which is still hard to understand) to seeing Glynn and his team raise the profile and visibility of the squad with more games lined up this year has got to be a good thing. 

OK see where you are coming from, and thanks for your support, we move on and hopefully to a successful season.

Yes, there was no harm or anything intended here David. The work you and many others do/have done at the CCFA is invaluable. But the way Glynn has come in and raised the profile of the team and with everything he has in place has been a great effort to say the least.

1 hour ago, David Bray said:

OK see where you are coming from, and thanks for your support, we move on and hopefully to a successful season.

Have seen many of the young players this year (really impressive that a good 10 of them are playing SWPL Prem and similar number playing SWPL West - I haven't seen any of the Combo / ECPL players) - and Glynn should have a great squad this year.  I am sure the County will do well / better this year. 

Onen hag oll