Cornwall Football Forum

Helston Promotion

Guest john

Just out of interest does Helston want to gain promotion to the south pen west div 1 this season?

If Helston win the league and Truro come runners up would this mean that Truro would not get promoted?

Have Helston played Truro yet? Could this be the title deciders?

Guest Peppermint

I am sure any team with Winno in charge would certainly want to be promoted to the Peninsula League if they finish as Champions. I don't think Truro City and Helston have played yet and I am not sure if the second placed club in the Combination League would qualify or not. Most clubs who came up from the ECPL and the Combination League are doing well in the new league.

Just a personal opinion but some clubs who were expressing interest in the Peninsula League like Helston and Illogan etc last year and then dropped out were probably being sensible and waiting to see how it developed and I am sure they will want to go up if they win the league this season.

Can tell you that Winno definately wants to go up a league for next year. They have not played Truro yet, but I am sure they will both be very big games. As for them being title deciders, I think there are far too many games left yet. Hopefully Winno will take Helston all the way!

Just out of interest does Helston want to gain promotion to the south pen west div 1 this season?

If Helston win the league and Truro come runners up would this mean that Truro would not get promoted?

Have Helston played Truro yet? Could this be the title deciders?

I understand that officially only one club from each feeder league (Combo, ECPL, Sth Devon, Devon & Exeter, Nth Devon) is eligible for promotion. However, the SWP 1 West has only 16 clubs, with 17 clubs in Div 1 East and 18 in SWP Premier. Don't be surprised if 3 clubs are invited at the AGM to reach 3 leagues of 18.

The actual changing rooms are done and they are better than most in cornwall. The referees room is good also. Ive played against most senior clubs in Cornwall and the changing rooms at Helston are very good compared to most.... The other rooms are not finished mostly cosmetic?????. Voluteers required!!!!!!!

can anyone from the league commitee give an official answer on how many will be able to get promoted

I think there are 6 feeder leagues to supply 2 spaces SWPL Div 1 East and West

With Truro walking away with the Western League it will allow their Reserves to get promoted to the SWPL which they will claim at any cost.

So it may be try again next season Helston unless the other (is it 5) leagues have no candidates with the required criteria.

You have to be in the top two to qualify and then by writing before a deadline date.

Rules can change as did happen last AGM when the Div1 East was increased from 16 to17 clubs so fingers crossed.

If Truro City Reserves are promoted to the SWPL Div 1 West, will they ask for their 3rd team to be allowed to be promoted to the Combo meaning the Combo will be no better off.

I think for the next couple of years the Combo AGM should pass a rule to refuse entry to any reserve team to give other teams a chance to join, allowing for the ones already in the league.

Or as I've posted elsewhere why not have a Cornwall Reserves League - Teams such as Penzance Reserves, St Blazey Reserves, Falmouth Town Reserves, Newquay Reserves, Torpoint Reserves, etc playing in a County-wide league. Players would gain more experience and skills. Then the Combo could have 6 new teams and the ECPL Premier could have a few more as well.

CTB

helps with grants and things having 3 teams plus a ladies team and a good youth set up!!

If Truro third team do eventually move up to Combo, where would they play? in theory this is something that could happen within 3 years, or even 2!!

at what point do the club stop thinking about the third team, cos they wouldn't really be able to go higher than Combo anyway cos of reserves legislations or whatever possibly, I dunno.

So one team goes up this year, and sorry Winno and Breas, I foresee it being Truro cos they'll do it no matter what it takes that means you got another year in combo and keeping those players there (which probably won't be a problem)

In any case, is there really much of a step up to the SWPL or whatever its called? I'm sure you would more than hold your own in there, if Truro get in it, then they'll walk away with that as well!!

The only time Helston and a few other clubs will succeed is when they have two senior teams, and therefore be able to move players around the teams without the re-registration hassle and all that lot. So for Helston's sake, the sooner they are in the SWPL and their reserve team in the Combo league the better for them

As for Christian Lett playing for Truro third team, well I've no idea, I wouldn't have thought it would have been his choice to play for the thirds!!

In any case, is there really much of a step up to the SWPL or whatever its called? I'm sure you would more than hold your own in there, if Truro get in it, then they'll walk away with that as well!!

if truro are walking away with the combo then helston are running away with it :yahoo: :thumbsup:

Guest Helston Patriot

Yeah chris Lett is playing for them, Helping with the coaching of the younger lads there. I've been told he wants to help coach the Womans team next season...

Local boy i wouldnt say that, we have only played 11 games, 27 cup finals left...

cornishteddyboy when I played in the Sussex, Kent and London area leagues , there was always a reserve league ie Sussex Division one, two and three, and then Reserve league Premier, Division One West And East and it was made up of every club in the main leagues reserve sides with promotion & relegation All Clubs in main div 1 & 2 were eligible for the FA Cup & Vase.

I sent the CCFA a letter 5 years ago saying that the SWL should have a reserve league with all same teams as in the main league and then the teams that were left from combo & Ecl would make up one division. I think it would still work.

Whoever comes up will do well in the west division as if you take out the top 5 or 6 sides everyone is capable of beating anyone.