Cornwall Football Forum

ROSS PADDOCK MEMORIAL MATCH

PROBUS VETERANS  (1)  2     Rapsey 33' 71'

VETS SELECT X1  (2)  5     Sharpe 20'(pen) 82'  Miles 39' Cruse 77'  Pullen 85'

A lovely hot (too hot for most of us!) sunny day greeted all the old famous local footballing names that dusted off the old boots for Ross's annual memorial match played in front of watching dad Tony laughing at a load of his old footy pals wilting in the 25*c heat on a pristine Probus pitch! Tony Penrose picked a strong looking side on paper with Pete Webster in goal, Pete Davey, Jason Bullen, Paul Baldwin and Paddy Penhaligon in defence, Gary Pascoe, Ian Penrose, Chris Davey, Gerald G*y in midfield with Mark Rapsey and Dave Sparks playing his first game for years up front with Tony bringing himself on and off whenever anyone was flagging which was a lot!! John Penhaligon and the borrowed young legs of Kayne Trevaskis helped out a lot!! Chris Andreeti selected an equally strong looking and slightly younger across the board line up with himself, Phil Webster, Jerry Leaming, Nigel Brabyn at the back with Phil Rees, the ageless Paul Miles and Mike Cruse in midfield with big Rob Sharpe and Dominic Pullen up front and others I'm sorry to say I've forgot already!!?! It's the age I'm afraid!!! ?  Anyway good laugh all round (quite a few of us were!!)  Really even and well contested game with some surprisingly really good football from both teams at times!!! Probus capitulated in the last ten minutes to make the scoreline look a rather flattering one but well done to Chris and his boys ?⚽️  Goal of the game came from Paul Miles with a delightful 25 yard chip clubhouse end!! Think all the rest were pretty much close range. Great to see some old mates and a really enjoyable day. Hope Ross enjoyed it up there looking down. ?