Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City Accounts

Ivor, I don't deliberately ignore the economics side of things. Unfortunately I'm not clever enough as you so don't tend to get to involved in conversations of that nature as I'll embarrass myself with my woeful comments! ;) I know that the education side is important within an Academy, as I believe that Plymouth Argyle do something of this nature, although I can't be sure on that one to be honest. Whether it works for them or not I don't know as I don't pay too much attention to the club. I also totally agree with the old and existing 'Truro City' youth setup. I fully believe that they should've train, played and whatever else at Treyew Road. Don't see the point in it otherwise. And using the excuse 'the pitch wouldn't cope' isn't a good enough excuse to be honest. Shouldn't have created one otherwise.

St Darren, is that step 7 of the National Football Pyramid or just Non League?

5 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

I spent a week on a residential prelim badge course at Bisham Abbey in the 70s. No ghost there then.

Tom, We held my daughters wedding reception at Bisham Abbey, there was one bit of advice that was about what flowers we should NOT decorate the hall with and that was daffodils, the resident ghost didn't like them, we were told that every  time daffodils had been put there they had been destroyed by the LADY ghost who didn't like them.

I DO NOT LIE TOM - TRUST ME.

On 8/16/2016 at 05:54, St Darren said:

Don't think you can have a reserve side higher than step 7 or something

Plymouth Argyle Reserves are playing at Non-League level 6 this season.

27 minutes ago, St Darren said:

I think that's the highest level that you can have a reserve side. Although not 100% sure. Didn't have a clue if that was step 6 or 7

Football changes so often usually to benefit the big boys, that's why the Premiership teams want to get their under 20 teams in the Football League starting with the League Cup that's why Scotland's League Cup this season has U20 teams, they  wanted the reserve team rule rescinded so they could have one team in the Premiership and if good enough another in the Championship like they do in Spain. It's all up in the air at this time.

JENGLE:- I am in the dark as much as you concerning football matters, you know things I don't know and possibly there are things I may know that you are not aware of, I am always prepared for people to CORRECT ME.

I have mentioned previously about the huge number of requirements there are for setting up an academy, I googled to find out there are 101 pages outlining what needs to be in place, far too much for ANY CLUB in Cornwall, the staff required would be huge.

I would suggest a FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT SECTION, that would cover a mini section where youngsters are coached within a structure similar to what most of them enjoy now, just that those coaching get a minimal standard of coaching badges necessary for that level.

2 hours ago, JENGLE said:

101 pages outlining what needs to be in place? As long as Mr Masters is aware of this as he is the one who wants this Academy in place.

file:///C:/Users/newpc/Downloads/youth-development-rules.pdf

You'll need to C & P the link onto the toolbar if it doesn't work first time

Whilst I was finding you the PDF link I glanced the needs for an academy doctor and physiotherapist including the long hours they need to be available the needs of the little darlings includes everything except tucking them up in bed :yahoo:

Ok, so there is a lot to organise and to put in place. Not just that but the continuity so it would run successfully. Like I said, it was Mr Masters who first came up with the idea of an Academy. And he wants it to happen so let's all hope he knows the work involved etc.

JENGLE.

The threads title Truro City Accounts sends me one message - Wait and see.

All I am attempting to do is create an awareness that Academies require many people experts in their chosen occupations TO BE EMPLOYED as for the finance I had my card marked on that score about 7 months ago with the response that follows this paragraph, last season I made a donation to the club but the reply below decided me not to bother this season, including the word "unfortunately" did little to lesson the intent.

Posted to me was.

" The club do not have to answer every single thing thrown at them. Being a supporter, unfortunately, doesn't give you the right to know the financial runnings of the club. Being an investor, director, board member does."

I omitted the "unfortunately" word and read it as follows because I think it nearer the truth.

The club do not have to answer every single thing thrown at them. Being a supporter doesn't give you the right to know the financial runnings of the club. Being an investor, director, board member does."

1 hour ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

JENGLE.

The threads title Truro City Accounts sends me one message - Wait and see.

All I am attempting to do is create an awareness that Academies require many people experts in their chosen occupations TO BE EMPLOYED as for the finance I had my card marked on that score about 7 months ago with the response that follows this paragraph, last season I made a donation to the club but the reply below decided me not to bother this season, including the word "unfortunately" did little to lesson the intent.

Posted to me was.

" The club do not have to answer every single thing thrown at them. Being a supporter, unfortunately, doesn't give you the right to know the financial runnings of the club. Being an investor, director, board member does."

I omitted the "unfortunately" word and read it as follows because I think it nearer the truth.

The club do not have to answer every single thing thrown at them. Being a supporter doesn't give you the right to know the financial runnings of the club. Being an investor, director, board member does."

Keep your money in your pocket ,  it is a shame for Truro supporters that there seems to be such a big division between them and most definitely the owners , Cornwall's top club just seems to shoot it self in the foot . Perhaps fans of other teams might come and watch say midweek games if the entrance fee was not so dear , as most workers in  Cornwall are either seasonally employed  or on minimum wage , you have to have a hard heart not to feel sorry to the fans who follow through thick and thin before the rise up the leagues , and they haven't got a reserve side to follow  for those who can't travel  or afford to . at times reading this section of the forum it's like a soap opera not a football club .

12 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Keep your money in your pocket ,  it is a shame for Truro supporters that there seems to be such a big division between them and most definitely the owners , Cornwall's top club just seems to shoot it self in the foot . Perhaps fans of other teams might come and watch say midweek games if the entrance fee was not so dear , as most workers in  Cornwall are either seasonally employed  or on minimum wage , you have to have a hard heart not to feel sorry to the fans who follow through thick and thin before the rise up the leagues , and they haven't got a reserve side to follow  for those who can't travel  or afford to . at times reading this section of the forum it's like a soap opera not a football club .

Sad to say,Im sure the gulf will get bigger between fans and Club owners,when the Exit Stratigic plan comes in to operation.

I think I could guess who you are on about Dave, but I'll keep it quiet for now! ;) I don't mind who owns Truro City to be fair, as long as they put their fair share of money in and do what's best for the club. Getting on with everyone isn't a necessity but it would be nice.

14 hours ago, JENGLE said:

I think I could guess who you are on about Dave, but I'll keep it quiet for now! ;) I don't mind who owns Truro City to be fair, as long as they put their fair share of money in and do what's best for the club. Getting on with everyone isn't a necessity but it would be nice.

Agree,you cant get on with everyone.

But it is very important to have the right people in the right position's doing their jobs for the success of the Club.

Not one bloke doing everything,with some one else pulling his string's.

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Agree,you cant get on with everyone.

But it is very important to have the right people in the right position's doing their jobs for the success of the Club.

Not one bloke doing everything,with some one else pulling his string's.

Got it - PINOCCHIO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>