Cornwall Football Forum

Friendly Results 23-7-16

West Cornwall Res 5 - 4 Newbridge Athletic

Not a bad start to pre season in our first game playing on the 3G at Camborne.

We played some good football at times and I was happy to see us creating chances. We have work to do on the training field to eradicate some issues, a bit of tinkering I think (who'd be a manager haha).

It was good to see some new players getting involved today ahead of the season, still some old boys to come back!

Goals: 1 Kiefer Hook, 1 Dil Birch, 1 Nick Addey, 1 Matt Monty.

MOTM: shared between Kyle Jones, Nico Lane and Craig Phillis (team vote).

Chacewater Res. 0   Threemilestone Res. 0

First friendly and a good workout for both teams in the sultry warm weather.

End to end match played in front of a good sized crowd,Chacewater had a chance to settle the match but Mike Cilia rolled his penalty kick past the post.

Thanks to Matt and his lads for the match. 

Penzance Reserves (div 4) 1-0 Falmouth DC (div 3)

Game settled in the first half with a penalty from birthday boy Ben Bailey. Penzance probably had the best of the game and 16 year old Josh Richards hit the bar early in the second half. Game was a bit fiesty at times and Falmouth had a player send-off for a studs up lunge.

Well reffed by Andy Jenkin i thought too

Mousehole Reserves 4 New Inn Titans 3

We knew it would be tough against a side that beat us last season. We started off with the formation that we finished with last season... 3-5-2... Big mistake against a  side like Mousehole on a pitch like theirs... We didn't have enough width at the back and that was taken advantage of. We were 3-0 down within ten minutes... It would have been easy to bury our heads in the sand and be walked over... But a change of shape to 4-5-1 saw us gain confidence. 

Second half, we managed to pull it back to 3-3 with us pushing Mousehole. First half was theirs, second half ours. We pushed and pushed but just couldn't find a way through.

Last few minutes of the game, a tackle went in just inside the penalty area, Mousehole striker doing what any striker would do in that position, falling on the floor claiming a penalty. Penalty given, it looked like one from where I was (up top) but our boys at the back say he wasn't touched. Harsh pen, which was put away well.

It was our first game of the season with some new signings, we didn't really expect to win the game against a consistently good Mousehole side on their home turf. 3-3 would have been a fair result in my eyes.

On behalf of our club, I'd like to apologise for not coming in the bar after the game. Unfortunately we were under the impression that the game would kick off at 3pm (as arranged). Come 3pm, no ref to be seen. He'd been told 15:30. By the time the game had finished, we had to get a move on as we are all on a club night out this evening, so apologies for that but it was out of our control.

Thank you to Mousehole for hosting the game, it was a good first test for us.

I also hope your young lad with the popped eye is okay. Straight after the challenge, it began to swell, bruise and his eye started to go red (bloodshot), which isn't a good sign. We hope he's okay and makes a speedy recovery.

All the best from Titans and good luck with the Promotion to Combo this season. 

Titans goalscorers:

Myself x2

Reave Kendall

8 minutes ago, Simon2389 said:

Penzance Reserves (div 4) 1-0 Falmouth DC (div 3)

Game settled in the first half with a penalty from birthday boy Ben Bailey. Penzance probably had the best of the game and 16 year old Josh Richards hit the bar early in the second half. Game was a bit fiesty at times and Falmouth had a player send-off for a studs up lunge.

Well reffed by Andy Jenkin i thought too

A red card and a "well reffed"... That shows he made the right call. Well done Andy

6 minutes ago, Dange'rous said:

Mousehole Reserves 4 New Inn Titans 3

We knew it would be tough against a side that beat us last season. We started off with the formation that we finished with last season... 3-5-2... Big mistake against a  side like Mousehole on a pitch like theirs... We didn't have enough width at the back and that was taken advantage of. We were 3-0 down within ten minutes... It would have been easy to bury our heads in the sand and be walked over... But a change of shape to 4-5-1 saw us gain confidence. 

Second half, we managed to pull it back to 3-3 with us pushing Mousehole. First half was theirs, second half ours. We pushed and pushed but just couldn't find a way through.

Last few minutes of the game, a tackle went in just inside the penalty area, Mousehole striker doing what any striker would do in that position, falling on the floor claiming a penalty. Penalty given, it looked like one from where I was (up top) but our boys at the back say he wasn't touched. Harsh pen, which was put away well.

It was our first game of the season with some new signings, we didn't really expect to win the game against a consistently good Mousehole side on their home turf. 3-3 would have been a fair result in my eyes.

On behalf of our club, I'd like to apologise for not coming in the bar after the game. Unfortunately we were under the impression that the game would kick off at 3pm (as arranged). Come 3pm, no ref to be seen. He'd been told 15:30. By the time the game had finished, we had to get a move on as we are all on a club night out this evening, so apologies for that but it was out of our control.

Thank you to Mousehole for hosting the game, it was a good first test for us.

I also hope your young lad with the popped eye is okay. Straight after the challenge, it began to swell, bruise and his eye started to go red (bloodshot), which isn't a good sign. We hope he's okay and makes a speedy recovery.

All the best from Titans and good luck with the Promotion to Combo this season. 

Titans goalscorers:

Myself x2

Reave Kendall

A red card and a "well reffed"... That shows he made the right call. Well done Andy

He was fair to both teams to be honest. Gave cards when he needed to and controlled the game well even when their players and manager were trying to tell him the laws of the game lol

Which I'm sure they are fully up to speed with ;) Including the 90+ changes introduced this season. Andy, I know has been studying the law book so I'd like to think he has superior knowledge to the majority of managers and players out there.

Very happy to see the new referees doing well :) 

8 minutes ago, ballsax said:

Might be a good idea for players to just accept decisions this year, else it might become expensive!

That won't happen. It would be lovely if it did.

What players and managers do need to realise is that there is a new objective being set out (and enforced) by the FA specifically targeting players attitude and behaviour towards match officials. You will (hopefully) see the referees becoming stricter and issuing more cards for what many may see as trivial or harsh. But, with some incidents that occurred this season in the high profile games and with research carried out at all levels of football, player and manager behaviour is a massive burden on the game at times. The FA and PGMO have realised that more needs to be done to combat the bad behaviour, and that's what they are doing.

The problem will lie with getting a ref one week that will let things slip, then another ref the week after who won't take any crap... We had a few of those situations in the Trelawny League last season where on numerous occasions, one referee was always slagged off on here for his "OTT" approach, predominantly towards bad behaviour... You will see more of that this season if the current referees follow the instructions that they've been issued with. 

19 minutes ago, Dange'rous said:

That won't happen. It would be lovely if it did.

What players and managers do need to realise is that there is a new objective being set out (and enforced) by the FA specifically targeting players attitude and behaviour towards match officials. You will (hopefully) see the referees becoming stricter and issuing more cards for what many may see as trivial or harsh. But, with some incidents that occurred this season in the high profile games and with research carried out at all levels of football, player and manager behaviour is a massive burden on the game at times. The FA and PGMO have realised that more needs to be done to combat the bad behaviour, and that's what they are doing.

The problem will lie with getting a ref one week that will let things slip, then another ref the week after who won't take any crap... We had a few of those situations in the Trelawny League last season where on numerous occasions, one referee was always slagged off on here for his "OTT" approach, predominantly towards bad behaviour... You will see more of that this season if the current referees follow the instructions that they've been issued with. 

You must come home early from the club night out ;) or wasn't a buzzing one?! 

Few beers with the lads....

But ive got family at Home... Don't see enough of them as it is, football and work deprive me of that :c: 

I'm sure I'll hear all the story's tomorrow :yahoo:

Plus....I can't drink for toffee these days, age is creeping up on me lol

Frogpool Reserves 7-2 Mawnan Reserves.

We were outstanding yesterday in a game that had a lot of quality on show.

Frogpool took the lead after a well worked move out Craig Rothwell in 1 on 1 to slot it home.

other scorers for us included an unfortunate Harry Perry own goal, a lucky half way line volley from Luke Symons, an absolute wonder lob from Ashley Johnson - goal of the game, a Jordan Jermyn penalty, and two for debut striker David leach who looked sharp up front with Tom Campbell.

Kai Caban did well as referee. All the best to Mawnan for the season.