Cornwall Football Forum

R.C.I.L SUNDAY LEAGUE

Guest THE BEAVES

Guest THE BEAVES

HI Ive STARTED A WEBSITE UP / IN THE MEANS OF GETTING AN R.C.I.L. SUNDAY LEAGUE WEBSITE UP AND RUNNING BUT NEED AS MUCH INFO ON PAST RESULTS / FIXTURES / GOALSCORERS ETC AS POSSIBLE.

THE WEBSITE IS http://beehive.thisiscornwall.co.uk/defaul...304&admin=1

BUT AS YOU WILL SEE IT STILL NEEDS A LOT OF WORK ALSO CONTACT ME ON N1CKC@HOTMAIL.CO.UK WITH ANY INFO.

LETS GET A WEBSITE UP AND RUNNING BUT I CAN ONLY DO IT WITH THE HELP OF YOU.

MANY THANKS

Hi The Beaves

Oh what a task you have set yourself. I don't want to put you off because I think there should be archives of every league on line from all over the country but you will find out the following problems

1. Most clubs do not have full records of fixtures, goal scores, attendaces, etc. They change secretaries and records are not passed on or are lost.

2. The best source of info is looking in the local papers. The Cornwall Centre at Redruth (not the library) is the best place to go. There they have reels of micro-film of the Cornishman, West Britain, Cornish Guardian, etc. These have results in but even these cannot be describs as 100% accurate. One papaer may have one score but when you check another it is the other way round. So that's why you check the 3rd. Also a lot of the time the papers don't tell you if they are cup or league matches. As for goal scorers forget it as far as the papers are concerned as half the time there are no reports of the matches but just scores.

3. Work backwards, making score grids of the teams you know were in the league say over the past couple of years. After that take blank grids and fill them in by hand. From these you can do head to head web pages, etc.

4. Half the time you will not find final league tables in the papers and if you do copy them by hand or you can pay 70p per copy from the library. Some people take photos of the micro-film with digital cameras but I'm not sure how good they come out but it may save some writing time.

%. Allow plenty of time and think how you want your site to be, flashing logos, etc or nice easy pages to look at. Most people who look at an archive site do it for curiosity, research, etc or even for helping write match programs. To boost visitors you must have a section that has this years season and be up to date.

Visit my site

http://comboleaguearchive.110mb.com

This deals with the Combo League. I have been working on it since last Febuary when the idea entered my head. Postie Pidge has been my only outside source of info apart from the newspapers.

The Redruth Centre is open Monady to Friday 10-6pm but I don't know the Saturday times. Touse the machines and micro-films is free as I say only 70p per copy for print-offs.

If you want to meet me I'll be there this week on Tuesday and Wednesday from 10am onwards. I don't know what time I'll finish as my daughter is teacher training at Stithians School so I'm her taxi for this week.

As I say don't get put off by me but welcome to the club of us madmen sitting in front of the computer banging in figures and wondering how we can spruce them up.

CTB

Guest THE BEAVES

Hi thanks for the reply much appreciated. I'm really trying to start of a website for this season onwards andd was hoping to find as much info from players etc from games this seasons and results if possible from the R.C.I.L LEAGUE if you know of any info would much be appreciated