Cornwall Football Forum

Gutted..................

Anita

Guest Peppermint

Getting worried Anita! Your team were lucky to scrape a draw so be thankful for that.

Never mind I will buy you a beer next time I see you to make up for it!!

It was planned Peppermint :lol: we thought we'd let you think you beat us then sliped one in. I didn't get to see the 2nd half coz i was on the line but had someone tell me it was 2-1 with less then 5 to go. I was gutted, didn't help having a player laugh and take the p coz we "lost" :P Then as a walked off for half time was updated so put me in a lot better mood for rest of game. Still we could of done with 3 points :P

Hopefully Helston Patriot will read your posting Coopsie!

Why's that Peppermint?. It's just my honest evaluation of how I saw the game. Arsenal fans don't need to be told that they can't be matched when it comes to quick passing, triangles, posession football etc etc. However, it's no secret that they have this annoying tendancy to "overplay" at times. Perhaps my description of UTD being more "threatening" is not the way I should have described it, perhaps "more efficient" would have been a better analogy?.

Guest Helston Patriot

No worries guys, my wifes lucky Arsenal shirt does the trick, she's warn it every game and we havent lost!

Coopsie, doesn't matter how good the goals are, they only count once!

Arsenals 2 goals were atleast scored by Our own players! Oooppss so was 1 for UTD. We gave UTD a head start and they still couldn't beat us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Peppermint

Either way is ok by me Coopsie. Helston Patriot and myself are both biased towards our own teams.

We will have to see what happens when Arsenal visit the Theatre of Dreams but I was quite happy to get a point in their backyard.

As you should have been buddy BUT, don't you think that when you take the lead of such a fixture with only 8 minutes remaining, the game should have been won?. And don't give me any of this rubbish about the supposed foul just beyond the halfway line before Arsenal got the dreaded equaliser.

As you should have been buddy BUT, don't you think that when you take the lead of such a fixture with only 8 minutes remaining, the game should have been won?. And don't give me any of this rubbish about the supposed foul just beyond the halfway line before Arsenal got the dreaded equaliser.

Yes your spot on coopsie, To be fair I would have been happy with a point at there place before the game started, but like you say to go 1-2 up with 8 mins left you have got to see the game out and take the 3 points home.

A point was not that bad it's just the way we gave it away soooo late thats anoying!!

I obviously was just as disappointed as you Gillsy mate, I thought the Mancs had pulled it off BUT atleast no gap has been opened up between yourselves and the goons. How long until the guy in your Avatar is back anyway?. I see he scored an own goal for your reserves in his return game last thursday. Although the score was 7-1 to united in the end.

coopsie, Neville has suffered another setback he has another slight calf strain which he picked up at training on sunday. They dont think it's going to be a long one but having been out for so long already he must be gutted. It was hoped he would be in the squad tomorrow but now this rules him out again.