Cornwall Football Forum

CHANGE TO KICK OFF TIME

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Hayle v NEWQUAY AFC is 2.15pm at Jurassic Park or whatever it is called, something to do with it getting dark at 5pm I'm told.

I thought ALL SWPL matches were to kick off at 2.45pm regardless of the time of year ! I now have to get an earlier train and drink more DAMN :drink::drink::drink: !!!

Thanks CTBoy, another fine example of how wonderful the level 7 set up is, an obvious improvement on the old SWL that one !!!

I had a thought the other day, I know I don't have many, so I thought I would share it with you lovely people. For those clubs in SWPL who have reserve sides in the Combo/ECPL, how advantagous would it be for the reserves when at home to kick off at 11.30am, so that all those club members/officials who have to work at home matches can follow the SWPL side away when they kick off at 2.15/45pm - surely this would boost crowds at both games ?

or am I being far too sensible again ?

For those clubs in SWPL who have reserve sides in the Combo/ECPL, how advantagous would it be for the reserves when at home to kick off at 11.30am, so that all those club members/officials who have to work at home matches can follow the SWPL side away when they kick off at 2.15/45pm - surely this would boost crowds at both games ?

Can't agree with this one Mark.

We have a core of 30 - 40 that will attend a game at The Mill, regardless of which team is playing, and who have no interest in travelling. i.e. they are Torpoint AFC supporters rather than "First Team" supporters.

Also a game finishing at 4.30pm ish entices people into the club house to watch the football results, couple of social pints etc. If we were to finish at 1pm ish I reckon the club would lose revenue.

p.s. Are you sure you wanted to say that :D :drink: