Cornwall Football Forum

WHO WOULD BE AN ENGLAND SUPOPORTER.

ECPL

On another day they would have come away with a three or four nil win and everyone would be happy.  Unfortunately what was feared from the start was Englands defence.  it just isn't working.  What was more worrying was the disgusting actions before and after the game.  It reminded me of the way the Liverpool fans attacked the Italian fans in the Heysel stadium.   We are lucky that no one yet has been killed.  Seems there was not a single policeman inside the stadium.  England fans have a poor reputation and justified but the French police seemed more concerned about terrorists than the safety of the fans,     Of course UEFA will accuse the Enlgalnd fans.  Let us hope that this is the end of it although I understand Northern Ireland fans were also attacked. 

Couldn't fault our performance to be honest. I only found two criticisms, we missed far too many chances and couldn't hold on to our lead.

In relation to your post ECPL, it really wouldn't surprise me if we saw someone killed at these Euro's, it's very sad really. I'd be surprised if we didn't see one before the tournament is out. The French police and security out there is absolutely disgraceful, and this is despite everything that's happened out there lately. I've seen various sources blaming England fans. And others have said all the trouble that happened yesterday was solely down to the Russian fans.

Agree a minority of England fans are dickheads, professional media people target them to act out their at times vile chanting,  glorifying in being filmed they don't realise the consequences however saying that yesterday's scuffles were outside in the street where I am staying and I spent a few hours in the area where all hell broke out, I think it was KGB (or what they are called now) orchestrated, observing them gathering I felt concerned although mingling they did not look like football fans to me, who in 25C to 30C heat wears heavy clothing, hoodies, some wore balaclavas.

When I was going to my seat I was hit on the head with a bottle thrown from higher up in the stands by a so called England fan but we were searched going in, it was a joke, OK no damage but it could have been serious one old guy told me that during the afternoon he aged 90 and his 93 year old brother were tear gassed when all they were doing was having a drink, he was very upset, he said that's how they treat us when it was us who freed them from the Germans, meaning they were there.

The explosion at the end of the game was loud how did that device get in could it have been a prearranged signal to act -As I said I think things may have been with the approval of the KGB, that may sound daft but for the Russians anything that discredits England also does the same to the United kingdom.

I have mentioned both sets of fans as being wrong the difference was the English were individual actions, the Russian ones before and after the game appeared to be conducted with military precision,

Well said Mountaineer.  Two of my friends were in the town when it originally kicked off when French yobs started to throw bottles at the England fans who were in full voice.  Unfortunately some retaliated and guess what - waiting around the corner were the French riot police ready for action.  I am totally against violence but I can understand why the England fans reacted the way they did.  Then guess what the guys were having a quiet drink when Putins thugs turn up en masse.  And the police did not have a clue.  Then at the end of the match everyone could clearly see Putins thugs were at it again.  But hey ho, NO POLICE inside the stadium just a handful of stewards who got out of the way quick.  And guess what happened outside.  Who did the French riot squad blast with tear gas.  The very people who were trying to escape.  England fans.  There should be two decisions made.  Remember when Liverpool fans killed a number of Italian fans at the Heysel stadium.  The club rightly were banned for five years.  So the first thing UEFA should do is kick Russia out of the competition immediately and ban the country for at least five years.  Regardless of what comrade Putin says.  The second thing is that every idiot in France will now think, hey this is a great idea lets start a ruckus with the England fans. So the French Government must step in and protect the England fans.  Not attack them.  My mates were only there for the first game and could not get home quickly enough.   And will UEFA threaten Germany or Ukraine because just by chance they to were caught up in a riot against each other.  NOPE I don't think it will even get a mention, just like when Polish fans attacked Northern Ireland fans before their match.  Nope it is the English they are after.              

...And these are the dudes that "won" the bid to host the World Cup in two years time. A racist, bigoted country hosting the biggest tournament in football. I see fun and games once the qualifying is over!

I have tonight received this E mail alert from gov.uk French travel advice. I've only returned this evening, hope the ferries operate OK on Wednesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still current at:

13 June 2016

Updated:

13 June 2016

Latest update:

Summary Section - Addition of information about arrangements in Euro 2016 host cities and fan zones, including for the England versus Wales match on 16 June

France plays host to the Euro 2016 football tournament from 10 June to 10 July 2016. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has put together some top travel and safety tips to help fans travelling to France for Euro 2016. See ‘Be on the ball’

There were scenes of significant violent disorder affecting fans in Marseille from 9-11 June. Fans travelling to the Lens/Lille area for the England versus Wales match on 16 June should be aware that the match between Russia and Slovakia will take place in Lille on 15 June and large numbers of fans are expected to be in the city. Fans are advised to be cautious and those without tickets for the match should avoid Lille and Lens during this period.

Prefets (the local French government office) across France have been authorised to take all necessary measures in order to prohibit the sale, consumption and transport of alcoholic drinks on match days, pre-match days and whenever the local fan zones are open. Please consult local information sources.

There is a high threat from terrorism. Due to ongoing threats to France by Islamist terrorist groups, and recent French military intervention against Daesh (formerly referred to as ISIL), the French government has warned the public to be especially vigilant and has reinforced its security measures.

During Euro 2016, stadiums, fan zones, venues broadcasting the tournament and transport hubs and links represent potential targets for terrorist attacks. You should be vigilant at all times, especially in areas hosting Euro 2016 events, and follow the advice of local French authorities.

A national state of emergency will remain in place until 26 July, in order to cover the tournament period and other significant events like the Tour de France cycling race. Check the French government’s advice about what to do if a terrorist attack occurs. See Terrorism

The French government has launched a free smartphone app to alert users about possible security incidents, including all major natural, technological and terrorist-related risks. Users will be able to view alerts for up to eight geographical areas. The app, called SAIP (Système d’alerte et d’information des populations), is available in English and French. You can download the app by entering the term ‘SAIP’ in the Apple App store or Google Play.

Transport strikes continue to affect rail and air travel across France and Paris metro and bus services. A general strike has been announced for 14 June 2016. Check with your travel provider or airline for the latest updates. You can find real time information on rail traffic on the SNCF website and on Paris metro and bus systems on the RATP website. A call for strike action has been issued by several airline pilot unions, for the period from 11 to 14 June 2016, which are likely to affect Air France flights. You should check theAir France website.

To mark the Centenary of the Battle of the Somme, a national commemorative event will be held at the Commonwealth War Graves Commission Thiepval Memorial in northern France on 1 July 2016. The event is ticket only. The public ballot for tickets is now closed. All those that entered have been informed of the outcome of the ballot. For further information on the event and travel and access restrictions around the town of Thiepval, and for information on other events in the Somme, you should visit the Somme website.

While there continue to be large numbers of illegal migrants in and around Calais, who may seek to enter the UK illegally, the security situation has improved significantly since the summer of 2015. Although the risk of incidents has decreased, you should keep vehicle doors locked in slow moving traffic in and around Calais, and secure your vehicle when it’s left unattended.

There’s occasional disruption to cross channel services due to strike action and migrant activity in and around Calais. Check the website of your chosen operator before you set off. In the event of any disruption, information about alternative routes and operators is available via this interactive map.

Around 17 million British nationals visit France every year. Most visits are trouble-free. The most common problem reported is pick-pocketing. SeeSafety and security

The Emergency phone number in France is 112.

You should apply for a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) before you travel. If you already have an EHIC, make sure it hasn’t expired. Some medical costs aren’t covered by the EHIC so you should also take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance before you travel. See Health

The Overseas Business Risk service offers information and advice for British companies operating overseas on how to manage political, economic, and business security-related risks.

So that's alright then.  Leave it to the French to deal with.  Em you mean like what happened in Marseilles.  Wait around  the corner until something happens and then send in the tear gas and the dogs and the riot police.   Yeh I'm sure that will work.    The French are utterly useless in dealing with crowd control.  In England if there is the mearest hint of trouble the police separate the fans so there is virtually no trouble.   We have  learned the hard way.  The French are still living in the past.  And guess what,  The French jail the English and then say the Russians were like an army but they managed to avoid being arrested, or should we say the gutless French police couldn't deal them so let them get away.  I do fear for both English and Welsh fans who will have to deal with Putins thugs again because Russia will be playing again the day before England play with the French telling the England and Wales fans to stay in Lille.  The mind well and truly boggles. Oh and what about German and Ukraine fans fighting, keeping that quiet aren't they. Liverpool were banned for 5 years following the attacks on the Italian fans in Belgium so have they not set a precedent. Ban the Russians. Oh silly me of course they won't why because who is holding the next World Cup. Got it in one.

If we pull out of Europe (Brexit) will we leave the door open for Russia to take over Europe? 

They appear to be moving that way, I am in no doubt Marseille was political.

I am pleased my only confrontation was with a tree after tripping over a kerbstone.

P.S - To take another route -

I have arranged to send some photos I took of the French fans celebrating their opening match win to them when time permits.

11 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Wouldn't bother with any of it - I'll watch from my armchair.

Let the idiots get on with it.

And by that ...I do not include the real football fans.

Re: Last line - GOOD - Because I'm off out there again tomorrow.

I see that UEFA have just put Russia one step from expulsion from the tournament, but they will go no further. The French police are clearly under extreme pressure, not only because their security priority is anti-terrorist rather than pro-supporter, but also because the state of emergency in force till late July in France follows general strikes and a petrol shortage. Marseilles was the last city that should have been chosen to host England-Russia, partly because of the potential conflict between the minority of knuckle-dragging England fans singing provocative chants against Islamist institutions, the IRA, Germany, France and the EC and the largest urbanised population in France emanating from the Maghreb. Beer, sun and extreme stupidity make for bad behaviour. That UEFA's foolish choice of Marseille is followed by sending both Russia and England to cities a few miles apart for their next matches compounds the risk of further violence. Hope Ukraine and Russia are not drawn together in the knock-out phase !  As for deporting a few Russian fans, that evades the responsibility of Putin or his henchmen in sanctioning their paramilitary organisation in the first place. UEFA won't have the guts to kick them out altogether. They are ultimately responsible to FIFA, hardly the organisation to lead on moral probity. The World Cups in both Qatar and Russia should be reassigned elsewhere, but they won't be. Too many crooks with their hands in the till.

Here we go again.  What a nightmare.  Can Hodgson please put Sterling on the first plane out.  The guy is utterly clueless.  He continually runs up blank alleys, or loses the ball and cannot cross the ball to save his life.  what was it 47 million.  Got to be joking I think he will be looking for a new club when they come home.  Hart.  Sorry son, been a good servant but you are now past your sell by date.  I just don't get how an experienced goalkeeper like him can line himself up off cetnre to a free kick central of play some 30 or so yards away.  As I said in my opening posting.  HOW WOULD BE AN ENGLAND SUPPORTER.    

Lets get off Hodgsons back , we have been the better side by a mile in both games so far what has let us down has been finishing , Today he made a brave decision at half time and it worked, for me next game lets stick with the 10 outfield players that started the 2nd half , Kane looks jaded and Sterling couldn't hit a barn door with a tractor, I personally would give Forster a go against Slovakia , Hart has been average at the best this season and if he got dropped he might realise he is not guarenteed a place in the starting line up.

Good luck to England anyway and to be honest Im enjoying this international tournament its makes a change seeing players passionate playing for their country , rather than getting paid stupid money for playing for a league club  

Hmmmm, "we've been the better team by a mile in both games". I do not agree. Both teams we played decided to sit back. We have not played a game yet where the opposing team takes to the game to England. How will we handle that? Sterling, surely will be out of the side. Rose, well, I think he looks worryingly rubbish. But the defence have not really been put under pressure. We have had the most possession in each game, and not done anything with it. Vardy's goal was lucky, how many times will that header come off a defender. Sturridge's goal was good, and he needs to start against Slovakia. I am still a worried man.

Can't see Hart being replaced , started the tournament as number 1 and would be a shock if Roy changed that . Defensively I agree , smalling worries the sh 1 t out of me . Midfield and up front I think we are about OK and when we do play more offensive teams , hopefully the pace and movement of  Vardy and  Sturridge can pick them off . 

I was surprised by the choric acclamation of the over-elaborating tattooed No 2 from Tottenham, Walker I think he is called. Yes, he ran up and down the line against some Welsh wide player from Gillingham, or was it Sutton United ? The number of times I found myself swearing after yelling "cross it now !".......

Alli has got an attitude problem, as shown in the first moment when fouling Ramsey. This will cost Engerlond when they face a decent side more adept at feigning injury. Sterling, as previously stated, seems a shambling joke, with that sulky kid expression reminding me of Pike in Dad's Army. Vardy did not touch the ball after bobbling in the uncharacteristic mistake by Williams that he fortunately shinned. Yes, he can run fast and kick the ball quite hard, like Shane Richards in his pomp. Vardy will be a disaster in a high-possession side like Arsenal, without the brain to link with intelligent players like Cazorla, Wilshire or Ozil, Arsenal's equivalents of Neil Curnow or even, oh dear, Matt Harris. Smalling looks about as calm in possession as the French riot police faced by the Dinamo Moscow Ultras: if he were Welsh, Randall Olds, the Butcher of Boswedden, would have come up for a corner and scat him to A and E in the first five minutes. Kane, like me, has obviously tired himself out gardening and needs a rest. All that mincing around at White Hart Lane in the European equivalent of the Combo Supplementary Cup has made him less mobile than Dommo Pullen. Dommo's shooting is more accurate, however. There are too many Tottenham players in the squad, used to never winning anything and finishing second to the likes of Leicester, so I expect they'll feel they've done really well if they get to the last eight, if not the last sixteen. Good old sporting English losers, that's the Corinthian spirit we can all admire. Hope all the supporters have put in their REMAIN postal votes: otherwise they may not be repatriated, which, come to think of it, might not be all bad ! As a Cornish Celt I was supporting the Welsh, obviously.........   :c::Santa:

Rodney, I have to correct you on one thing , spurs did not finish 2nd they finished 3rd . And i totally agree with Keith B we do need a John Terry or a Tony Adams but unfortunately we don't have one anymore 

Mangle Im actually looking forward to a team taking the game to England as I think we have the players to pick them off on the counter, Anyway upward and onwards and lets enjoy it while it lasts 

And lets remember the old saying " you can only beat whats put in front of you "

Sorry about confusing Spurs with Arsenal there: you're right, of course. As a supporter of the only serious club in London, the former European champions from south of the river, I mix up minor clubs all the time. I've done the same with Pendeen and Penzance in the past, though at least then I had alliteration for an excuse.:)

3 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Sorry about confusing Spurs with Arsenal there: you're right, of course. As a supporter of the only serious club in London, the former European champions from south of the river, I mix up minor clubs all the time. I've done the same with Pendeen and Penzance in the past, though at least then I had alliteration for an excuse.:)

You should have capitalised FORMER.

Don't we just love to criticize England.  This is the best England team for years, at least they go out to win matches.  Russia, Wales and Slovakia played for survival.  An early goal and they would have won all three games comfortably.  It is something they are going to have to learn - how to beat a massed defense.  It will come so don't panic.    

If Roy had fielded his strongest team against Slovakia, we could have been laughing all the way to the semi final, maybe even the final. Instead we face Iceland and then probably France. If we do win it, we will have earned it doing it the hard way!

22 hours ago, ECPL said:

CLUELESS !!!!!!!!!!!!

And more xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

All that lovely money I spent attending all four games.

To put it in context.

Johann Gudmundsson plays for relegated Charlton Athletic, Match rating 8/10, One of the top rated Iceland players.

The only England player to show anything was Marcus Rashford who only came on for about 5 minutes almost getting the equaliser from the jaws of DEFEAT.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 17:33, ECPL said:

Don't we just love to criticize England.  This is the best England team for years, at least they go out to win matches.  Russia, Wales and Slovakia played for survival.  An early goal and they would have won all three games comfortably.  It is something they are going to have to learn - how to beat a massed defense.  It will come so don't panic.    

You really believed this ????  - You must be cringing now matey

Lovely to see our Welsh chums cheering like half wits when Iceland scored - Come on Belgium - send those Sheep S****** back to the closed coal mines

Well, I did say that England were rubbish. How anyone built them up is beyond me. Seriously. Really seriously. Best thing since 1966, I think that statement was comical. Certainly totally wide of the mark. The defence is not international standard. Smalling......England will never win anything with him in the side, fact. Rose, Walker, Bertrand, Clyne, all good pace, dangerous going forward, crap defensively. Their pace often gets them out of jail. Dier, I'm sorry, he is not good enough. Rooney, had his day, let him go.

I'm not saying that we have other players to fill these roles, but the players we have in the squad, simply not good enough. I think we should be thankful that we got beat by Iceland as opposed to murdered by France, or Italy, or Germany. We would have been taken apart.

I would have given Rashford the England man-of-the-match award yesterday. He looked more dangerous and able in the 5 minutes he played than the rest of them had the whole 90 minutes! Wilshere......what was he doing in the squad? He has now played more minutes of international football this season than club football. I mean, that sounds like a joke, but it is a fact. Unbelievable.

I am actually not that angry with the players, it is all I expected. Everyone else it seems, expected more, and are disappointed/angry. Don't be, this group of players are just not very good.