Cornwall Football Forum

1975/76 SWL results

Slowly trying to piece together the SWL results of 1975/76. Having a few programmes from this season I can pinpoint dates and almost weekly tables have been helpful but even that doesn't confirm all the results. If there was a St Austell player (karaoke) or follower who kept records it would be ideal.

One result I need to confirm was Bodmin Town vs Penzance on 18/02/76. I was given the result as 5-1 but the table only works if it was 5-2. There are several others that are questionable and once I have added everything up I can put a list up so if anyone was around then, I would really appreciate your help!

10 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

Slowly trying to piece together the SWL results of 1975/76. Having a few programmes from this season I can pinpoint dates and almost weekly tables have been helpful but even that doesn't confirm all the results. If there was a St Austell player (karaoke) or follower who kept records it would be ideal.

One result I need to confirm was Bodmin Town vs Penzance on 18/02/76. I was given the result as 5-1 but the table only works if it was 5-2. There are several others that are questionable and once I have added everything up I can put a list up so if anyone was around then, I would really appreciate your help!

Sorry Willow, I didn't keep records, just enjoyed it at the time and wish I could do it now

Thank you Mr Karaoke, even the one game when you stood in as manager? When Bob Nesbitt was at a wedding and he hadn't arranged a substitute and St Austell played with 10 men for the whole game. Tavistock may have won 3-1 but I won't say who the man of the match was...!

4 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

Thank you Mr Karaoke, even the one game when you stood in as manager? When Bob Nesbitt was at a wedding and he hadn't arranged a substitute and St Austell played with 10 men for the whole game. Tavistock may have won 3-1 but I won't say who the man of the match was...!

Wow what a memory, there wasn't many games I didn't enjoy in fact I can't remember any !

11 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

Louis International v Holsworthy (somewhere between 01/04/76 - 10/04/76.) Should have been a draw.

Also need dates for the following:

Illogan RBL 1-1 Penzance - 28/12/75 - 11/01/76

Illogan RBL 2-1 (?) St Lukes College Reserves - 26/04/76 - 08/05/76

Louis International 1-0 St Lukes College Reserves - September 1975

Ottery St Mary 2-1 St Lukes College Reserves - September 1975

I have worked out a table but the results don't make it work as five teams have alterations with their goals against record and one with their goals for.

The teams in question are Elmore, Holsworthy, Ottery St Mary, Porthleven, St Austell and St Blazey. If anyone has any information or records concerning these teams I would be very grateful!

4 hours ago, midlandlilywhite said:

Mr Deacon may be able to help with the Illogan results ?????

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I wasn't there then! 

Maybe Mr D isn't as old as we thought!!! :smiley20: