Cornwall Football Forum

I heard today that Helston have made a hatrick of signings with one more pending....

Craig Firth from Porthleven

Brian Hawke from Falmouth Town

Shaun Tozer from Falmouth Town as a Coach/Ass manager

Wasn't told the 4th players name as he wont be signed until end of November.. Apparently he is a prolific goal scorer with bags of pace in his early 20's????????

It seems Helston are building up a mighty squad

Guest tom@white tigers

I heard today that Helston have made a hatrick of signings with one more pending....

Craig Firth from Porthleven

Brian Hawke from Falmouth Town

Shaun Tozer from Falmouth Town as a Coach/Ass manager

Wasn't told the 4th players name as he wont be signed until end of November.. Apparently he is a prolific goal scorer with bags of pace in his early 20's????????

It seems Helston are building up a mighty squad

Thought i'd point it out.

Yes, i'm imature.

Guest Helston Patriot

Didn't think that helston had any ambition to go further than the combination.

Obviously we have

I believe Firth signed last night but not 100%. Will confirm later

Guest Peppermint

I don't quite understand why Local Boy insists that as the manager does not know then it must be an illegal approach. The 7 days would have been sent to the Porthleven Secretary and not the manager of a club. It is then ususal for the secretary to inform his manager that a club has put in a 7 day approach for one of his team. Maybe the secretary did not tell Kevin or forgot!! The secretary of Porthleven would have had to sign the transfer form not the manager.

Guest Helston Patriot

Plainmoor you commenting on something you know nothing about! There were many reasons why we didn't go up, i would of guessed that you could use what little common sense you have and realised that last season we finshed 9th, thus meaning the teams in higher league position got the promotion place.............................................ah yes thats right, thick as 2 short planks :D

FIRTH SIGNED ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR HELSTON 2NDS AT THE CLUB I WAS THERE!!! HES SINCE CHANGED HIS MIND AND DON'T WANT THE TRANSFER TO GO THROUGH WHICH I CANT UNDERSTAND. ALL IM SAYING IS WE HAD A VERY INTENSE CONVERSATION... ENOUGH SAID WE WILL TALK SOON THOUGH.

MORE NEWS IS THE TWIGSTER HAS LEFT HELSTON 2NDS TO BOLSTER THE GOALKEEPING SITUATION AT PORT WHEN STU WILLIAMS IS NOT AVALIABLE..... GOOD LUK TWIGSTER!!!!

REGARDS TO ALL MY GOD THE BOOLOX GOES ON

ALSO HEARD 2 NIGHT PORT 1ST TEAM ARE SIGNING JAMES MILLER

T / F

Guest Doomer17

Arguing like kids as ever!

To be honest guys, why comment if you dont actually know!? A club who finish 9th aren't going to get the initial nod to a higher league, regardless of how good they are, so that info alone gives you one reason why they didn't go to peninsula! Does anybody from helston know, if indeed they have signed anybody..will they be playing saturday?

Oh, James miller awesome! Be a great signing for Port. Managed me at Falmouth town about 4/5 years ago, good manager, good player!

Guest Helston Patriot

Helston's new player Brian Hawke is available for saturday...

Are port rangers part of PAFC? or is that the same as Falmouth Athletic and Albion

Bryan Hawke will,be with us tomorrow as will Shaun Tozer. They didnt jump ship. They wernt happy at Falmouth simple????

The way I see it is if your not happy at a club then leave. You should play sport to enjoy it. Thats my stance Ive told my players at Helston exactly that. If they don't wanna be there then I don't want them there easy. Thats why a few have moved on. No hard feelings at all but you don't want any bad eggs upsetting the side do you. I think this is the correct way also and alot of managers will agree with me..As for Firthy don't know whats going on but thats up to him.....................

why would Firthy need a transfer IF he was only signing for the FAL / Helston League???

as far as I am aware Port do not run a junior team now ..........7 day approach yes , transfer no . :(:(

He would need a transfer because if you sign for any side at Helston you sign for the whole club. The way it should be done.....

:drink:

Guest Helston Patriot

His brother is called steve and is 19 or 20.. Played for the Navy under 19's in the Dallas cup and score 3 goals in 5 games for us from right midfield. Good player. NOT AS QUICK AS BRIAN THO :thumbsup:

As with any side challenging at the top of the league, its easier to attract players, players will go places where they stand a chance on winning things.

St Day in the FHL a couple of years ago, had a good side, a few players from SWL clubs signed for them!

St Agnes in Combo for a couple of years had loads of players wanting to come to them, its part of being successful I suppose

Winno

Can you put your 2nd team out on Saturday to give us a chance to at least look a bit decent. We'll probably have a team of youngsters out again with one or no subs. Or are you stengthening your squad bcause you think we might get an upset.

We Pz supporters have given up the pre-game game "guess the score", just into double figures was my guess!

Damm!!

Have they a 3rd team or even better a 4th team. We might even get a result then!

I want the SWPL to accept both Helston and Truro at the end of the season so that at the combo leagues AGM they might say as there were 3 new teams this season we won't relegate anyone this year meaning the bottom 2 (probably Pz and Wendron) will be safe.

On the subject of transfers frazer cadman back with holmans now 2 goals in 2 games and also heard ryan treloer is on his way to holmans aswell? Think paul caddy and dave cooper have the makings of a very good squad down there now,what do others think?

Guest Helston Patriot

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ STOP EDITING MY POSTS!!!£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Guest Helston Patriot

Pot went dry... Helston haven't paid "good Money" Since Alex Mac days 5 yrs ago! Money tends to bring success, Chelsea, Illogen (last season), Truro....

Sometimes it doest like this season when we beat holmans 4-1!

Big bucks at Helston this season.... £10 EACH!!!!

Good luck to Ryan "smokey" Treloer Good player

IF you've got money, then why not use it?!?

I keep reading that we (Holman SC) are paying players - just to set the record straight, the club does not have sufficient funds to pay players, and I would know because I'm on the committee. So if all these players are being paid "big bucks" as is often touted on here, then the money must be coming from elsewhere. Perhaps Roman Abramovich is intending to use us as a feeder club and is secretly funding the team.

But even if we were paying players, then we would hardly be the only team in the league doing it!

I can tell you that money or not, the team is playing some excellent football now, after a shaky start and are a pleasure to watch.

Which is all credit to Dave and Paul who are doing a top class job. :clapper: :clapper:

Guest Helston Patriot

Some players at holmans aren't getting paid directly from the club,, its through work that they get the money. Can't believe that alot of people are in denile about this. I'm fed up with this subject after about 4 yrs of it being discussed

Guest Helston Patriot

No illegal approaches mate i'm afraid.. Its just rumour control as usaul... Awesome player tho, i HATE playing against him.

As with Firth, He isn't playing at the Mo as he has private matters which are taking priority & rightly so. But only Craig knows what he's doing, and that will change about 4 times a week

There wont be any glory hunters coming to Helston I can assure you of that. I saw what nearly happened at Illogan last season.....

Alot of people whom I know quite well seemingly don't know me very well at all. I aint interested in premo donnas I have had the chance to sign some top top names this season but turned them down because I know what would have happened. Helston have always had a great nucleus of a side but needed an influx of new blood. Im more than happy with my squad but am always looking to improve....

Godda be careful and ready for all the illegal approaches goin on with my players!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAH