Cornwall Football Forum

world cup bid

Guest postman pat

Guest postman pat

whats everyones thoughts on ENGEEEERLAND bidding for the world cup 2018. i think it will be brill.we have the infastructure in place now with what must be the best set of grounds in the world with WEMBLY as a fantastic centrepiece. Bring it on :clapper::thumbsup::yahoo::drink: :c:

I agree with you.

Given that we have landed the Olympics in 2012, and the significant amount of the money that will be spent on improving the infrastructure around the South East which inevitably will have a ripple effect across the rest of the country, surely we should be well placed to get it again.

Need a "Lord Coe of Football" though to win favour with those that take the ultimate decision.

Also, there should be quite a few new stadiums built by then aswell?. Portsmouth, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham are all teams that plan to have new stadiums within the next 4 years or so. I should imagine that collectively, we will be able to offer the best selection of Stadium's and pitches that the world cup has ever known.

Lets just hope that Mr Blatter does the sensible thing and sees that in 2018 it will have been 52 years since the first and last time England hosted a world cup and allow us to once again stage the greatest sport competition on the planet. Afterall, we gave football to the world, so bring the world to us.

Coopsie fella, I didnt realise the spuds were going to build a new stadium dont they think 36,214 (all seated)

is enough for CHAMPIONSHIP football next year matey :D

Ouch baby, very ouch. :(

I notice that it's the draw for the quarter final of the Carling Cup on saturday at 12pm cockerkneeboy, tell me, who do you think West Ham will get??.

Coopsie fella, I didnt realise the spuds were going to build a new stadium dont they think 36,214 (all seated)

is enough for CHAMPIONSHIP football next year matey :D

Ouch baby, very ouch. :(

I notice that it's the draw for the quarter final of the Carling Cup on saturday at 12pm cockerkneeboy, tell me, who do you think West Ham will get??. oops, not in it are they. :clapper::D

Not in it, have you been on the pop fella :drink:

The last eight are

Arse

BB rovers

Chelski

The scousers x2

Manures poorer relation

Spuds

Irons

But i will admit im not looking forward to the draw, As long as we get a home draw im happy. :D

I just don't want to play the goons. It's a "no win" situation. If we beat them (unlikely I know) we will have only beaten their kids/reserves and if they beat us, we wont stop hearing about it for another year. Blackburn need avoiding aswell.

I would rather not meet any of them (Can we get a bye please) :D

If anyone of those teams i would choose BB rvrs at home please :thumbsup: