Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Wednesday May 11th 2016

DIVISION 3

Four Lanes         0-9          Mabe

Newquay 3rds   1-2         Falmouth Town

DIVISION 4

Praze-an-Beeble Reserves       2-2              Falmouth DC

LOCKHART CUP

Hayle Reserves    1-2     Lanner  (played at Lanner)

Illogan RBL 3rds      0-8      Helston Athletic 3rds      (played at Helston)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BAGMAN said:

No requirement for torches, the floodlights will suffice - it's at Helston, 6:15ko.

They are just big torches!! :P

2 minutes ago, BAGMAN said:

Free I believe. All donations to the tea hut gratefully received! ?☕️??

great to see! i watched penryn in the quarter final of the junior cup a few months back and they charged me £1 on the gate...the cheek of it!

Just a quick question, next Monday exiles play four lanes at the magpies in what's meant to be a double header, just out curiosity is there any way that the match can just be turned into one normal game instead of supposedly 2 games consisting of 4 30 minute halves?

1 minute ago, t-jaylobb said:

Just a quick question, next Monday exiles play four lanes at the magpies in what's meant to be a double header, just out curiosity is there any way that the match can just be turned into one normal game instead of supposedly 2 games consisting of 4 30 minute halves?

Nope..

3 ways to play double headers. 1 match for 2 results.  2 full matches or matches reduced by 5 minutes (each half). Or 2 matches reduced by 10 or more minutes. I have no idea how you know what type or double header you're ment to play :-/ 

8 minutes ago, wedding280991 said:

I think you can play 1 game for 2 results. I'm down to ref a double header on Saturday and on the ref appointment page it gives that as an option. I could be wrong 

Not in Trelawny. Two one hour games of half an hour each way is the only option. When in doubt consult the League Rules which are available on the Full Time site.

Lockhart Cup semi final.

Lanner 2-1 Hayle.

Come on the Lanner!!!! 

Into the final.  Missed penalty from lanner and not many chances created by Hayle think anyone at the game can agree. Hayle goal coming from a Lanner own goal and lanner goals from Lee Goldstone and Stu Lugg.

Cheers Hayle great bunch of boys who were in a battle and a great contest.

Cheers 

What does the law state about foul language? If the referee is insulted or offended by the language, he/she is well within his/her rights to dismiss the player, regardless of who it's aimed at. If players and managers etc conduct themselves in a respectable manner, you won't have issues like this.

Yes it is men's football but as I said, the laws are in black and white. 

There is a problem with discipline in football at the moment and it is something that the CCFA are clamping down on. You will see an approach taken next season by the referees which will make a noticeable difference. I've just seen who reffed the game, he's an experienced referee who will have his reasons for taking the action that he did.

Clubs, especially next season really must clamp down on the language and behaviour both on and off the pitch because otherwise, they will be in for a shock. 

We all have our own refereeing styles and tolerances levels, it seems that on this evening, the players involved went a bit too far for this referee. 

23 minutes ago, ian beale said:

the referee in the town 3rds game with Newquay was top notch! 2 red cards for swearing at themselves with about 3 people watching none of them kids surely common sense takes over. 

Could have told you the refs name without even checking the appointments

5 hours ago, Sijames said:

great to see! i watched penryn in the quarter final of the junior cup a few months back and they charged me £1 on the gate...the cheek of it!

All of a sudden football is free is it.?

Seem to remember the old hat being passed around on most junior games.

No problem for me, always put a quid in. The referee ain't free.

1 hour ago, Asterix said:

Lockhart Cup semi final.

Lanner 2-1 Hayle.

Come on the Lanner!!!! 

Into the final.  Missed penalty from lanner and not many chances created by Hayle think anyone at the game can agree. Hayle goal coming from a Lanner own goal and lanner goals from Lee Goldstone and Stu Lugg.

Cheers 

More a good penalty save by Kevin the Hayle keeper ,  haven't been to Lanner for a few seasons  but not a lot has changed ,  the pitch is very uneven mind you I don't think the rabbits help ,  not the best of football on show with very little control from either team , lots of  effort especially from Lanner who deserved their win as from the first whistle their work rate upset Hayles style of play , Lanner best play came from their long throws into the box which seemed to cause plenty of trouble and resulted in their first goal, the main difference between the two sides was that Lanner played as it was a cup final but some Hayle players looked like it was an end of season game not a chance to play in a final,  well done to Lanner and good luck in the final ,  felt sorry for Ruffy and Paul  but it wasn't their turn tonight .

25 minutes ago, stevieb said:

More a good penalty save by Kevin the Hayle keeper ,  haven't been to Lanner for a few seasons  but not a lot has changed ,  the pitch is very uneven mind you I don't think the rabbits help ,  not the best of football on show with very little control from either team , lots of  effort especially from Lanner who deserved their win as from the first whistle their work rate upset Hayles style of play , Lanner best play came from their long throws into the box which seemed to cause plenty of trouble and resulted in their first goal, the main difference between the two sides was that Lanner played as it was a cup final but some Hayle players looked like it was an end of season game not a chance to play in a final,  well done to Lanner and good luck in the final ,  felt sorry for Ruffy and Paul  but it wasn't their turn tonight .

Take nothing away from Lanner they seemed to want it more but in saying that this was a cup semi final and to not play on a neutral ground and have 3 officials is a poor show on where the league should be. Neutral grounds were available and surely with 6 or 7 games played officials were available too. 

This is supposed to be a Charter Standard League but the way teams are treated should they lose that title.

Good luck to Lanner in the final. Hopefully you might find you're playing at home

Surely after the first warning and following red card they should have learnt their lesson? If it's a law then it should be followed regardless of who is watching. 

Moaning at refs when they do a poor job and moaning at refs when they follow the laws. 

I think the work Dave, Tempo and co have done is great - it's made clubs, players, management and forum members a lot more aware of ref's opinions and bought processes - as well as explaining and expanding on laws of the game for us. With B Manning, Anita and Steve Carpenter playing active roles on here as well it makes it very informative and has helped clear up some misunderstandings - especially in the second half of the season. 

6 hours ago, Biggreengiant said:

Take nothing away from Lanner they seemed to want it more but in saying that this was a cup semi final and to not play on a neutral ground and have 3 officials is a poor show on where the league should be. Neutral grounds were available and surely with 6 or 7 games played officials were available too. 

This is supposed to be a Charter Standard League but the way teams are treated should they lose that title.

Good luck to Lanner in the final. Hopefully you might find you're playing at home

Lockhart Cup semi final.

Lanner 2-1 Hayle.

Come on the Lanner!!!! 

Cheers 

Being played at The Underlane Wendron. 

Your all boring ??  lets be honest about 98% of people would've known who I was talking about without looking. The game should never be about the ref... Before the game he asked which age group we were so he could work out how a long a half, surely he should know what game he's turned up too? Either way we won just think common sense would have come into. Considering it wasn't aimed at anyone or the ref, or the 3 people watching on the other side of the ground! Maybe a little word and at most a yellow.

2 hours ago, ian beale said:

Your all boring ??  lets be honest about 98% of people would've known who I was talking about without looking. The game should never be about the ref... Before the game he asked which age group we were so he could work out how a long a half, surely he should know what game he's turned up too? Either way we won just think common sense would have come into. Considering it wasn't aimed at anyone or the ref, or the 3 people watching on the other side of the ground! Maybe a little word and at most a yellow.

We all have different approaches, refereeing styles and tolerance levels. In what minutes of the game did this happen? This could have been a culmination of incidents. These players could have been on his back and/or making snide comments about him all game and you wouldn't be any wiser.

I guessed who the referee was before I checked; I know his approach. He's reffed me a few times this season. We know what to expect. We know to keep our mouths firmly shut. You lot obviously knew him before he turned up to the game so the correct approach to the players would have been to brief them pre-match on this referee's style. I did for my lads "Keep your mouths shut, do not get on his back because he will dismiss you without any hesitation". A few seconds work could have saved you some grief.

Cut the foul language out and this incident would have been avoided. Why do there referees always get the blame for the players actions? I was recently on the line in a cup final. I had one player dismissed for telling me to "f**k off" and had a saved penalty retaken as the keeper advanced off his line (he was almost on the 6 yard line)... Yet it was my fault and I ruined the game? Have a word with yourselves! Keep your traps shut, learn the laws and yellow and red cards could be a thing of the past!

I don't know who this Ref was, and wouldn't know where to find out, but could you get him to do a bit of tutoring at the Referees training courses. If more refs emulated his style you could have local football back to being a family friendly spectator sport in no time at all, instead of the swear-fest it has become!

5 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I see nothing wrong with a club charging an entry fee - they've got costs to cover.

where do you draw the line with fee's? if they have costs to cover surly that is up to the club and committee and the responsibility of them before entering a league they ensure a club can financially manage? it is not up to the public to fund clubs who are struggling? granted it is only £1, but this is half the issue down here, clubs enter leagues without thinking about the long run and end up folding as they've made decisions to quick without thinking it through! Penryn are a fantastic club so i do not want to use them as an example here, i think there are other ways to fund their club, football is not free, but do not take the easy option by holding out a bucket asking for donations!

I think the problem with the referee business is the general attitude. We need to slowly work towards making respect a bigger thing on the pitch. People saying it's just part of the game are really just making excuses. It is not necessary to swear and shout. We all get frustrated but if the attitude changes then it'll become less of a problem. Hopefully with the work being put in and "respect" playing a bigger factor next season then there'll be a clamping down on language as well.

5 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Yeah but that's my point dangerous if he swore at anyone I wouldn't be defending him but it was just one at himself I think he could of been forgiven. It was with half an hour to go a fairly dull straight forward game of football with no incidents. 

Dange'rous is right, if you must swear (and I fail to see why you should), then do it "under your breath".  If this Referees reactions were as widespread as they should be, then managers and coaches would start teaching self control, along with tackling and ball skills as an integral part of the game which keeps players on the pitch, where they should be.

17 minutes ago, P.Exiles said:

Didn't think junior clubs were aloud to charge entrance fees thought it was senior clubs only ??

Ah that could be a good reason - possibly to do with the use of park pitches? I don't know that's only a guess. I've had a very quick look in the CCFA and Trelawny League rules and can't see anything on this subject!

7 minutes ago, yeww said:

if the player was swearing directly at the ref he should of been dismissed for that. if he was swearing at a fellow team mate i cant really see a issue there? 

I can. The issue is that everyone else can hear him (if he whispered in his ear I wouldn't have a problem, although I guess he might!). In the olden days dads used to take their children to footie matches, who would want to pollute young ears nowadays? And don't come back with "Oh but they hear it everywhere now". That don't make it right!

12 minutes ago, yeww said:

if the player was swearing directly at the ref he should of been dismissed for that. if he was swearing at a fellow team mate i cant really see a issue there? 

Thank you, someone with a bit of common sense just a thing of the moment. Maybe a simple telling off to me seems far more fair. 

10 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Thank you, someone with a bit of common sense just a thing of the moment. Maybe a simple telling off to me seems far more fair. 

Common maybe, sense, I think not. Why is it that "foul and abusive language" is the one law that players think they can break with impunity? We don't get, "he was only a little bit offside" or "it was only a little bit over the goal line" so it really shouldn't count!

Should you get away with beating up a teammate since it wasn't an opposition player or an official?

there is nothing wrong with voicing your opinions of a individuals performance directly at him what ever the manner, on the pitch of off it. to get a red for it on the other hand just seems silly. but then you could say "swearing in the first instance is silly"?!

9 minutes ago, yeww said:

there is nothing wrong with voicing your opinions of a individuals performance directly at him what ever the manner, on the pitch of off it. 

"That was a **** decision ref, you really are s*** aren't you"

"Thanks player, I thought this was one of my better games. Now, off you go, go and do your thing. You're playing well"...

Absolutely no chance!!!

Seriously? If I heard a player mouthing off to anyone in a manner that I Deem to be offensive or abusive, I will deal with it accordingly.

Re-read what you have posted and try to understand what you are suggesting here... 

Just for the record aswell... If the swear word used last night begun with C; regardless of who said it and whatever manner it was said in, you're walking.

I've not got a problem with you voicing your opinion. I fully respect your opinion and your entitlement to have one. BUT, with that opinion you are going to be shocked, surprised and disappointed after every game when you've realised hardly anyone shames that same views on this matter as you do. 

To say that players (or anyone) should be able to voice their opinions, on or off the pitch in whatever manner they please (and get away with it) is completely absurd. Your ignorance here offends me. 

Do you not think that there's enough bad behaviour and abuse in football at the moment? 

Dangerous shut up, you're once again acting like you were there at the game. I've said over 3/4 times the player didn't swear at anyone but himself and that anyone includes the ref i was 10 yards away watching the game and I didn't hear it so that explains how loud it was.