Cornwall Football Forum

Players and Managers for next season

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, pebbles88 said:

That's your 1543rd post on this forum and although it's a crock of crap it's no worse than the other utter garbage you ramble on about

Maybe Pebble dash, but one thing that is not a crock of crap is  Bodmin Town Treble Winners 15/16 :yahoo:

I know that hurts you as well :thumbsup:

hahahahah

Ladies and gentleman welcome to the silly and fictional thread.

I would predict that less than 10 per cent of this thread has any reasonable viability.

This is the silly season and players will come and go and rumours will be rife.

One thing guaranteed is that each club will be working extremely hard to keep hold of their squad and improve where necessary .

MM

30 minutes ago, Money Man said:

hahahahah

I would predict that less than 10 per cent of this thread has any reasonable viability.

One thing guaranteed is that each club will be working extremely hard to keep hold of their squad and improve where necessary .

MM

Money Man

Although your prediction may well be correct that only 10% of the thread rumours are viable, I don't agree that the thread is silly and fictional.

I would like to remind you that this is a forum for general chat and rumours, nothing more than that.  Lets all remember that!!

Love the people who mock todays football. 20 years ago, when Cornwall and Devon were blossoming with a huge talent of football players (when there were half the numbers living here) Everyone who played, must have been so good, because, "its not as good as it was back in my day" its a surprise that not more clubs from down here did not make it to professional standard, as you were all soooooo good.

You just want to be out there still playing, that's why you feel the need to say that everyone is terrible these days... We get it, but its boring

Also, "no loyal players these days"  If you are getting offered potentially 3 / 4 / 500 pounds extra, on top of your wages, per month, why not? Its potentially someone's childcare, or mortgage or rent that its paid for. It happens in cricket as well, players being paid £400 a game for some clubs this year, in the Cornish Premier League, which has no progression route.

Its a long old time retired, so why not take it while you can? As we all love a bit of cash

On 18 May 2016 at 10:25, Money Man said:

hahahahah

MM

Makes a change for you not to be running another club down under a fake account.

23 hours ago, pebbles88 said:

I remember when the devon wednesday league was of a really high standard when I 1st joined royal mail I played for them and was pleasantly suprised by the quality of opposition, also sadly now p and d premier is an awful league usually won by mount gould with hobbs and his cronies intimidating all the other teams into submission

They could only bully their way into 3rd this season buddy ?, Marjon's won it and have applied to go up into the Swpl

23 hours ago, Keith B said:

Sadly there are many players today with your view Lloydy. But, the game is kept going by those who's love of the game out weighs everything else. They are the backbone of amateur football, not the money grabbers.

You know what they say about the 'love of money' ........... ! 

Yeah of course it is, I'm not saying that it's not. What I'm saying is, if some of these lads, who don't earn much money, are single parents, possibly go to uni or may have a 0 hours, conservative government contracts, why not take the cash. Not everyone is happily comfortable in life with money. So leave these people, who you have absolutely no idea of their background, or life, to do as they wish if they get offered money to play football. Because without some of these players, our level of football wouldn't be as good as it is, because someone else would pay them. And then you would bring out the old saying "not as good as it was in my day" again. 

Cardew would be an excellent choice for Callington Town. He has a core group of players who are clearly too good for the East Cornwall League and for whatever reason are not involved with Torpoint first team. I imagine he'd be able to add them to the current crop of players at Callington to build a good side. 

Why did he not decide to take on the Torpoint first team job last summer when the current manager took over? Or did he just not get the job?

Dont get me wrong, i think Dean has done well at Torpoint and of course the cardews are royalty over here, but i think the 2nds are an easy side to run, a lot of the local lads are good enough to make the step up, but rarely do, and players have gone to other clubs to come back and play with the 2nds because they enjoy it, so i guess what i am trying to say is the Dean inherited a very good side and has had to do minimal recruitment to push them on so i would question if he could manage a side that weren't already made?! A very honest chap who would no doubt give all he could!  Heard from some sources that Ryan Lucassi was interested in taking the job, not sure how that would work as i guess he would still want to play, so would need a more hands on number 2.

9 hours ago, secretscout said:

Heard from some sources that Ryan Lucassi was interested in taking the job, not sure how that would work as i guess he would still want to play, so would need a more hands on number 2.

Hands on number 2 like his brother Liam ? - Who is a pretty good coach !

Easier for me to come on and explain rather than chatting yourselves.

I have put my name forward to take on from the great job beery has done at Callington but nothing is set in stone at all. I want to make sure its right for everyone involved before jumping in with two feet.

I will be taking my brother down who has spent 2 years coaching over in America. Unfortunately his job has not allowed him to continue to carry on the coaching back in the UK until now! He has helped out with bits at Totnes and Dartington and Vospers previously but not to the commitment he would have liked due to work.

He is currently in the process of starting a new job allowing him to commit 100 percent.

We also have people in and around Callington already who I would be looking at chipping in with bits and pieces if I am going to take it on.

But as I said, nothing is set and it needs to be right for everyone involved.

• 2 weeks later...

So the season is now complete and here starts the Player and Manager merry-go-round. Here's a few rumours going around:

Managers status at A few clubs unsure

Rocky to pastures new

St Austell possibly losing a few who disagree with new management team

New players into Tavistock

Carter to Parkway

Couple of senior players leaving Parkway

Ant thoughts chaps 

Sam Davey has just been signed by Parkway, not the big name signings (No offence) that i expected to see.  With Mike Landricombe gone and the possibility of the Heverens and Jamie Bass changing clubs, you would have expected anyone apart from another striker.  With Mike Smith, Ryan Richards and Adam Carter (possible) in the squad its doesn't make sense.

14 minutes ago, pebbles88 said:

All I meant was two very fiery characters together in the same team,both very very good mind you and sounds like tavy putting together a good team although it would not suprise me to c mr hobbs (as I now call him) will be off to pastures new as I recently said rumours flying around bristol regarding him and the rovers

Forget your very narrow minded view about their characters.  Fact: All SWPL teams would have the two fine players (Glynn and Shane) in their team every week.

1 hour ago, pebbles88 said:

Mr Leeds I may well be new to this forum but I am not new to the area or local football, and although I don't like going on about it I did play professionally for 7 years which means I know a lot more about everything and I mean everything involving football than u do.I know you think I talk a load of old bollocks but I guarantee u it's a level of old bollocks way higher than yours same applies to you mockey jackson. Although I am glad my brief time on here gives u something to get excited about. I would love to meet u maybe through this forum we could arrange it when bodmins friendlies start next year I am sure you will recognise me immediately 

pebbles. I played professional for a decade, 1st division and second.......  So if you did, who did you play for and who are you.... If you don't say people will think your telling fibs like me........ I only ever played local football in Hampshire and in the Army......... So see how easy it is to say you did something when you didn't....... So who are you and who did you play for ? (Let us know you should be proud). 

2 hours ago, pebbles88 said:

No need for me to disclose who I am but at the beginning of next season I will gladly meet up with u and mr Leeds and I will be happy to sign a couple of autographs for u in exchange for a couple of pints

Well thank you.... as i now live in Canada i will have to say sorry can't meet with you.......... I'm not interested in autographs from any one, may be leedsunited might like, I must say you sound a bit like your political .. No need to disclose who i am.......... May be you were a professional table football player...Any way if you want to hide who you are that's your choice..

17 hours ago, pebbles88 said:

Can I ask r u roy Hodgson I've just heard him.on the telly he talks a load of shite as well

Deffo: political, come on you are Donald Trump.... you avoid answering a question with an insult.... I'm cut to the quick    Roy Hodgson indeed......... i see much of you this next season Leeds and I will be to busy sorting out Truro.......See pepples. Your not the only one that can make stuff up.......... I think you're spot on Leeds. A first class pleb!!!

Was at the co op getting my paper this morning and had a chat with a friend down there who said that Callington have appointed Steve Metters as their new manager.  Dont really know much apart from he used to manage Tavistock a few years ago. Good luck to him and the club in what will be an exciting season for them after just having their lights installed. Will definitely be making a few evening games there this season.

16 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Who did they play for ?

Newquay and before that Porthleven. I think they might have played a big part in keeping Newquay up but I could be wrong.