Cornwall Football Forum

SHORTAGE OF REFS THE TITANS MAY HAVE THE ANSWER!

Guest titan1

EVERYONE KNOWS THERE IS NOT ENOUGH REFS TO GO ROUND ON A SATERDAY ESPECIALLY WHEN IT GETS DOWN TO THE LOWER LEAGUES WHAT IF EVERY CLUB COULD HAVE A TRAINED SUBTITUTE REF NOT FULLY QUALIFIED BUT QUILIFIED ENOUGH TO REF THE MATCH SOLONGS AS BOTH TEAMS AGREE. THE TITANS HAVE GOT THE CHANCE TO RUN A DAY OF SUCH TRAINING WITCH WOULD BE SANCTIONED BY THE REFS ASSOCIATION. THIS WOULD BE A ONE DAY COURSE . IF ENOUGH INTEREST WE WILL GO AHEAD AND ORGANISE THE COURSE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR VIEWS !

it is a fantastic idea but i get the feeling it wont work, i know some teams where the players just would not bother turning up if they knew they were the ref, not a great attitude I know i think its wrong but I am just giving you a honest and realistic answer. I do hope it works though may even pop along myself when is it ???? Give you a run for your money soccer follower hehehehee :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It would be nice if it all worked out Titan,in the Duchy League they have a policy that every new team that enters the League,even 2nd & 3rd teams they have to register a new Referee to help with the shortage.If all the Leagues did this maybe it would help the shortage ? ;0) :c:

Guest postman pat

at least as a club we are making clubs think about the subject so lets have some more positive thoughts.its ok to say that clubs will not play without a ref.but how long can they keep on using that excuse without getting off their backsides and doing something about it, espescially if we have a bad winter and there is a backlog of fixtures. will these teams then be the ones coming on here and moaning because they are playing 4 games a week <_< we as clubs must take some responsibility for this situation and try and find solutions :wacko::drink: :c: