Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Tuesday 26th April 2016

25 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I believe that you mean as a witness Tribute, jury members have to rely on hearsay, they would be debarred from jury service if they had first hand experience. Should M.M. be charged nobody at the match could be involved in trying him.

Bow to your knowledge on the justice system having never been in court ? But I think you get my drift ?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder we struggle for referees when incidents like this take place. Hope this does not deter Dave from the excellent ref courses being arranged.

The club have issued a statement so we now await the outcome of the investigation. Unprovoked attacks like this cannot be condoned. Referees have off days just like players.

1 hour ago, Pauller8 said:

I wonder if a lot of you on here would hop on the wagon if it wasn't a st austell player???!!!!!!

Another idiot. DOH !!!!!!

You cannot touch the referee in any threatening manner, in any way, shape, or form - EVER.

It is not only against every rule of sportsmanship, it is also cowardly.

It's just like punching someone from behind - they are NOT expecting it.

Banned for life, and a word from the old bill would do for me.

And all of the above would apply to ANY player - at ANY club.

A word from the FA to St Austell would also be a requirement to control their players.

Now think about your stupid comment again.

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I believe that you mean as a witness Tribute, jury members have to rely on hearsay, they would be debarred from jury service if they had first hand experience. Should M.M. be charged nobody at the match could be involved in trying him.

Phew, that's me out then! :)

16 minutes ago, Pauller8 said:

Lol I agree! Going back to the subject,would this forum have as much interest or comments if a tavi player kicked off in the way Marcus did? I've honestly got my doubts! 

Not me buddy, don't care what club he played for. From the premiership, down to the lowest junior football - it's not on.

Come on now, let's stop the St Austell witch hunt. Like one said In previous posts I have no ties with the club. I've recently moved to the St Austell area ( hence being new to the forum)  and have watched a couple of their games in recent weeks. I've been made to feel very welcome by a lot of people involved there. Which is why im so distressed by the public chastising of the club/ player involved.  

30 minutes ago, Weasel Shwirk said:

Come on now, let's stop the St Austell witch hunt. Like one said In previous posts I have no ties with the club. I've recently moved to the St Austell area ( hence being new to the forum)  and have watched a couple of their games in recent weeks. I've been made to feel very welcome by a lot of people involved there. Which is why im so distressed by the public chastising of the club/ player involved.  

From where do you hail then young Mr. Shwirk? Presumably somewhere with little or no culture of football, The Moon maybe or perhaps somewhere more distant.

Agree silly billy a very interesting read,  however that weasel shwirk tool sounds like a tuss for saying the ref may of deserved getting assaulted, quite honestly if you're reading this weasel you're a bit of a tit. No referee ever deserves to be abused in such a way and I hope Marcus gets a sine die and something on his criminal record for this (second time of assault if anyone remembers him bottling a bouncer at L2) disgusting behaviour. Makes you think, how many people want to actually take up refereeing and go on a course.. I salute the few people that have done and wish them all the best, let's hope something like this doesnt happen again! 

Mr Martin's fate is detailed in the FA's Disciplinary Handbook which is available on line via the following link.  To save you having to plough through the whole thing see the Table on Page 38.   If I am reading it correctly the minimum ban for an assualt on an official at Step 6/7 is 5 years. This can be increased to up to 10 years depending on the seriousness of the said attack. As he tackled and took the referee to the ground and had to be pulled away I think it safe to say this is more than just physical contact which would have been a 182 day suspension

http://esports.flipboxapp.net/Discipline/html5/html5forwebkit.html?page=0

On a more positive note great to see that Stuart Kane ihas not been detered by the incident as according to the CFA referees appointments for May he is scheduled to take charge at Ivybridge v Helston on May 4th. Well done sir, much respect from me and I would hope everybody else who has posted on this topic on this forum.

Definatly more serious than just 'physical contact', a points deduction to would make sense as this is the second time this has happened at Poltair, like i have stated in previous if this is taken lightly again, does that mean every club gets two chances to act in such a shameful manor? Well done Mr.Kane on having the courage to take to the field again, & would welcome you any time at Priory Park as you are one of the better Officials in the league. Lets just hope the FA do not bottle it & distribute the correct punishments.

Should have checked my facts before I posted. According to the CFA statement they say the charge is E3 "Improper conduct against a match official" This includes physical contact, violent conduct, and threatening and/or abusive language/behaviour".  Now if grabbing somebody by the neck and throwing them to the ground does not constitute and assualt I am not sure what does! One would assume if the police decide to press charges of assualt then the CFA will upgrade the charges accordingly. 

According to Kevin Marriott's blog (excellent read by the way) he says that on Radio Cornwall yesterday the CFA said they would not be charging St Austell. I assume that this would be a seperate charge E20 which says "Failed to ensure players/spectators and/or club officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion".  In any case even if this charge is filed at a later date, the maximum fine would be 250 quid and am sure, much to Leeds dissapontment, no points deductions.

For information the E20 charge is what was levied agiainst Helston AFC recently concerning an issue with some spectators at the Snr Cup Semi Final. It does seem a bit illogical why St Austell are not also facing the same charge. 

For the sake of transparency (and therefore reducing speculation) the CFA will be willing to explain their reasoning for the charges filed and not filed in the current situation.

1 hour ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

Mr Martin's fate is detailed in the FA's Disciplinary Handbook which is available on line via the following link.  To save you having to plough through the whole thing see the Table on Page 38.   If I am reading it correctly the minimum ban for an assualt on an official at Step 6/7 is 5 years. This can be increased to up to 10 years depending on the seriousness of the said attack. As he tackled and took the referee to the ground and had to be pulled away I think it safe to say this is more than just physical contact which would have been a 182 day suspension

http://esports.flipboxapp.net/Discipline/html5/html5forwebkit.html?page=0

On a more positive note great to see that Stuart Kane ihas not been detered by the incident as according to the CFA referees appointments for May he is scheduled to take charge at Ivybridge v Helston on May 4th. Well done sir, much respect from me and I would hope everybody else who has posted on this topic on this forum.

As I said in a earlier post , The ref deserves total respect for the way he acted during and after the match . Thought he refereed the match to a good standard and after the " event " stood up to everything , even sending another player off . Top man ! 

3 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Agree silly billy a very interesting read,  however that weasel shwirk tool sounds like a tuss for saying the ref may of deserved getting assaulted, quite honestly if you're reading this weasel you're a bit of a tit. No referee ever deserves to be abused in such a way and I hope Marcus gets a sine die and something on his criminal record for this (second time of assault if anyone remembers him bottling a bouncer at L2) disgusting behaviour. Makes you think, how many people want to actually take up refereeing and go on a course.. I salute the few people that have done and wish them all the best, let's hope something like this doesnt happen again! 

Firstly, I have no idea what a "tuss" is, points deduction is a ridiculous idea, there is no way to control that! Bringing up his past is irrelevant, if the courts aren't allowed to do it why should you? Idiot

In 1975, A. Rickard of Padstow was subjected to a sine die suspension and a fine of £20 for assaulting a referee. He was under the 'new' laws which came into force in 1974 whereby assault on a referee or linesman would result in an automatic sine die ban and a minimum fine of £5 to a maximum fine of £20.

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Definatly more serious than just 'physical contact', a points deduction to would make sense as this is the second time this has happened at Poltair, like i have stated in previous if this is taken lightly again, does that mean every club gets two chances to act in such a shameful manor? Well done Mr.Kane on having the courage to take to the field again, & would welcome you any time at Priory Park as you are one of the better Officials in the league. Lets just hope the FA do not bottle it & distribute the correct punishments.

I think everybody needs to calm down, courage to step back on the pitch?! He's been grabbed by his throat not beaten to a pulp, get a grip! It's an individual that has committed this offence not a club

Lol I'm not saying that! Just think some people on here are getting carried away. Funny how Bodmin supporters want a points deduction, how would that prevent it from happening again, I know, let's bring in a rule, any player that signs for a club must also sign a disclaimer to say they will never attack a ref! 

26 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

In 1975, A. Rickard of Padstow was subjected to a sine die suspension and a fine of £20 for assaulting a referee. He was under the 'new' laws which came into force in 1974 whereby assault on a referee or linesman would result in an automatic sine die ban and a minimum fine of £5 to a maximum fine of £20.

Mr Rickard is going to love you for that Mr.Tree

12 minutes ago, Weasel Shwirk said:

Lol I'm not saying that! Just think some people on here are getting carried away. Funny how Bodmin supporters want a points deduction, how would that prevent it from happening again, I know, let's bring in a rule, any player that signs for a club must also sign a disclaimer to say they will never attack a ref! 

What a good idea, what other things could we get players to sign a declaimer on, answers on a posting to the Rev Weasel Shwirk c/o Cornwallfootballforum!

11 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Mr Rickard is going to love you for that Mr.Tree

I'm only quoting the Cornish Guardian whilst on the hunt for Cornwall Senior Cup results

I find it terrible that so called "football supporters" rush to get behind their club and try to deflect blame away in this disgraceful incident whilst others from another club can't wait to stick the knife in.

It is not hard to see which sides you are on!

Thankfully Mr.Kane is not hurt and is able to officiate again shortly.It could all have ended very differently!

17 hours ago, Weasel Shwirk said:

Firstly, I have no idea what a "tuss" is, points deduction is a ridiculous idea, there is no way to control that! Bringing up his past is irrelevant, if the courts aren't allowed to do it why should you? Idiot

Tuss

The direct translation of “tuss” is actually erection, but if you get called one don’t assume that someone is calling you big and hard. It’s more commonly used as an insult.

“Oh, look at him with his can of Strongbow. What a tuss.”

Tuss
A word with its roots in the old Cornish language, it’s thought to have some connection to male genitals, but has come to be used as a more general term of contempt. If you are called a tuss, the person addressing you really doesn’t like you.

With the way you are defending Mr Martin's actions, you can only be his mother?

link for a song from the surgeons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyU2LnwevF4

1 hour ago, Ron Manager said:
Tuss

The direct translation of “tuss” is actually erection, but if you get called one don’t assume that someone is calling you big and hard. It’s more commonly used as an insult.

“Oh, look at him with his can of Strongbow. What a tuss.”

Tuss
A word with its roots in the old Cornish language, it’s thought to have some connection to male genitals, but has come to be used as a more general term of contempt. If you are called a tuss, the person addressing you really doesn’t like you.

With the way you are defending Mr Martin's actions, you can only be his mother?

link for a song from the surgeons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyU2LnwevF4

What a load of boring rubbish