Cornwall Football Forum

Tottenham Hotspur.

Yes,I am a big YID.

Yes ,I also know there are many Spurs pi££ takers and haters.

But honestly people you have to admit this Tottenham team are starting to look the buisness.

Weather we win the League this season or not,what a future ahead for all YID fans if this squad and manager are kept together.

COYS.THE FUTURE IS LILYWHITE.

33 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Spurs 1 - WBA 1

Blimey Spurs you really blew it last night. Take nothing away from West Brom but, that should have been 3 points in the bag Tottenham. Leicester may yet slip up and three points last night could have helped you take top spot.

Blow it.???????????????????????????????????????

How have we blown it.If Leicester the League and we get runners up and finish above Man City,Man Utd,Liverpool,Chelsea, and Arsenal,its a magnificent season.

Look at the Premier League table ,12 games ago,who were top with a easy run in.Now they sit 4th and are struggling to get a Champion's League spot.

Thats blown it.

Look at Chelsea,and where they are.

Thats blown it.

Look at the money LVG has wasted at Man Utd.

Thats blown it.

Oh and by the way,Leicester have not won the League,so telling everyone Spurs have blown it,is a bit premature.

38 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Blow it.???????????????????????????????????????

How have we blown it.If Leicester the League and we get runners up and finish above Man City,Man Utd,Liverpool,Chelsea, and Arsenal,its a magnificent season.

Look at the Premier League table ,12 games ago,who were top with a easy run in.Now they sit 4th and are struggling to get a Champion's League spot.

Thats blown it.

Look at Chelsea,and where they are.

Thats blown it.

Look at the money LVG has wasted at Man Utd.

Thats blown it.

Oh and by the way,Leicester have not won the League,so telling everyone Spurs have blown it,is a bit premature.

Spurs have almost blown it! :P

1 hour ago, Willow Tree said:

It's refreshing to have a new one-two in the Premier League, whichever way around it happens and a first for both teams.

Agree with that, its been a breath of fresh air to see the likes of Man City, Man Utd and Chelski not coming close to winning the league.

Well done Leicester assuming they get the job done. Fantastic team spirit and pleased for Ranieri.

Spurs will certainly challenge again next season. Good core of up and coming English players. New stadium will only help with revenue. Less chance of that project failing than Silver Bow!

Christ Almighty, Spurs have a blip of a season, and the world of football is changed forever. Ha Ha Ha. Yes, cant wait for next season, let us see how Spurs conquer all, now they are in the big-boys competitions.

Before you say it, yes Arsenal blew it. A pathetic run in, even struggling to finish 4th when even second place would have felt disastrous a few weeks ago.

But, all this "The Future is White" kind of talk does make me smile. It is rubbish. Spurs have done very well, and could have won the league. I think Leicester will do it now, but you never know. However, it all starts again in August, and we will see how the teams match up once again. Watch Leicester crumble next season. There is no way they will be in the running again. I don't usually stick my neck out with that kind of prediction, but I will on this one......

11 hours ago, Mangle said:

Christ Almighty, Spurs have a blip of a season, and the world of football is changed forever. Ha Ha Ha. Yes, cant wait for next season, let us see how Spurs conquer all, now they are in the big-boys competitions.

Before you say it, yes Arsenal blew it. A pathetic run in, even struggling to finish 4th when even second place would have felt disastrous a few weeks ago.

But, all this "The Future is White" kind of talk does make me smile. It is rubbish. Spurs have done very well, and could have won the league. I think Leicester will do it now, but you never know. However, it all starts again in August, and we will see how the teams match up once again. Watch Leicester crumble next season. There is no way they will be in the running again. I don't usually stick my neck out with that kind of prediction, but I will on this one......

Lets look at our situation's Mangle.

Arsenal,same old,same old.Struggling to maintain a top 4 spot.I think you will just scrape in,what happens if Liverpool win the Europa League.?

Pi££ poor Champions League effort as well.

Fans starting to protest against the Arsenal regime and Wenger.

Empty seats at the Emirates as fans protest with their feet.

Top players refusing to sign,new contract's because they are unsure of the future.

Yep,all good there.

Tottenham.Target at the start of the season.European football,with Champions League and a top 4 finish if possible.

We have the youngest squad in the Premiership,with a strong core of English Internationals.

To manage them, we have one of the best young managers around.

New Stadium ,is ahead of schedule and will be one of the finest in Europe.

I know who shoes I would like to be in.

The future is Lilywhite.

16 hours ago, Mangle said:

Admiral waffle SSS. To be expected. The first time (by the looks of it) that you are going to finish above Arsenal since 1995, a mere 21 seasons ago. Enjoy this flash-in-the-pan season.

Even more good news,Mangle. Poch has extended his contract to stay at Spurs,until 2021.

21 years ,is it.Well you better get used to it.Because this is no flash in the pan.The boot is on the other foot.

So get used to admiral waffle,its better than your usual claptrap.

You know I ought to save these posts to shove 'em back under your nose next season when mediocrity returns to Spurs. I honestly do not rate some of your players. The 2 fullbacks, Rose and Walker, fast and pacey, but other than that, average at best. Just like Gibbs and Monreal at Arsenal. We're no better. Our defence really does need sorting out. And Vertoghen really is not very good. You do have some excellent players, Alli (unless he turns pro at boxing of course), Eriksen, Lloris, Kane, couple of others, but like Arsenal, some players that look like they might be the real deal, but aren't, like Oxlaid-Chamberlain for example, and Walcott. You've got them too. It will be an important summer (sadly) when the purchasing powers of the clubs will have an influence on the following season. I know this year has seen Leicester come from nowhere, with little spent (relatively speaking) on new players, but this is not here to stay just yet. Bank balances will rule in the main for a little while longer. Of course, one day, the "mediocre" players that come at a fraction of the cost of the bigger "world class" players will be nearly as good. The gap between the top players and the bottom players is closing, and will continue to close. Anyway, I'm waffling. Enjoy your top 4 finish well it lasts. When was the last time you actually won something?

On 4/29/2016 at 20:08, Mangle said:

You know I ought to save these posts to shove 'em back under your nose next season when mediocrity returns to Spurs. I honestly do not rate some of your players. The 2 fullbacks, Rose and Walker, fast and pacey, but other than that, average at best. Just like Gibbs and Monreal at Arsenal. We're no better. Our defence really does need sorting out. And Vertoghen really is not very good. You do have some excellent players, Alli (unless he turns pro at boxing of course), Eriksen, Lloris, Kane, couple of others, but like Arsenal, some players that look like they might be the real deal, but aren't, like Oxlaid-Chamberlain for example, and Walcott. You've got them too. It will be an important summer (sadly) when the purchasing powers of the clubs will have an influence on the following season. I know this year has seen Leicester come from nowhere, with little spent (relatively speaking) on new players, but this is not here to stay just yet. Bank balances will rule in the main for a little while longer. Of course, one day, the "mediocre" players that come at a fraction of the cost of the bigger "world class" players will be nearly as good. The gap between the top players and the bottom players is closing, and will continue to close. Anyway, I'm waffling. Enjoy your top 4 finish well it lasts. When was the last time you actually won something?

Well that s££t team that you dont rate much,and will fall to pieces next season,aint done bad.

What the hell,is your pile of poop meant to be doing this season.?

Pushing for success. However, success is difficult. For 8 or 9 years, all you lot had to say was "how long since you won anything?". Then along came 2 x FA Cup wins. So that stopped. I find it quite funny that you are all very enthusiastic and grandiose about Spurs, and you HAVE NOT WON ANYTHING FOR 8 YEARS! And the waiting goes on, and on, and on.....

You take great pleasure in rubbishing the fact that Arsenal have finished top 4 for so many years, yet this was your TARGET this season. Well let me say well done. You achieved your target. I guess we didn't as our sights were aimed a lot higher than yours!!

12 hours ago, Mangle said:

Pushing for success. However, success is difficult. For 8 or 9 years, all you lot had to say was "how long since you won anything?". Then along came 2 x FA Cup wins. So that stopped. I find it quite funny that you are all very enthusiastic and grandiose about Spurs, and you HAVE NOT WON ANYTHING FOR 8 YEARS! And the waiting goes on, and on, and on.....

You take great pleasure in rubbishing the fact that Arsenal have finished top 4 for so many years, yet this was your TARGET this season. Well let me say well done. You achieved your target. I guess we didn't as our sights were aimed a lot higher than yours!!

Every team that start a new season,want to win the League.Thats their dream.Only ONE team achieve that.

The others have to be realistic.

The Goons just promise their fans a big Championship challenge,and then fall on their backside.No wonder they are protesting.

As my Spurs friend has said,all this Goon cover up stuff,means you are in cuckoo land.

I do agree on one thing ,it will be interesting to see where the Goons finish next season.

What a bunch of cheating sore losers Spurs have proven to be. Grown men acting like children (apologies for insulting children). How the hell they ended up with 11 players on the pitch against Chelsea last night I do not know. Clattenburg bottled it. Should have got his red card out on at least 2 occasions. Pathetic. Come on guys, SSS and Older, back your players up and tell us how Costa should be in trouble for using his eye to attack Dembele's finger. If you don't come on here to condemn what was a shocking display by Spurs, then I will finally know that you are incapable of entering debate of any football topic with a fair level-headed mind.

Mangle if that is an effort to try and get me banned or something.

Pathetic.

Chelsea are scum,and so are you lot.

The antic's of Costa and Fabregas,and the constant surrounding of Clattenburg by,Terry and his sidekicks ,were disgraceful,and as for the racial antic's afterwards,I will say no more.

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

What were the racial antics SSS - I switched it off after the final whistle, not wanting to see the euphoria of the Leicester fans ?

It all kicked off after ,because Deigo Costa racially abused Danny Rose,and Michel Vorm, went for him,then hell broke lose.

Costa is a F££king *****.Mind you he isnt the only one.

Maybe relegated next season but that's the future, this is the present and they are champions so congratulations to them. Congrats and good luck to Spurs, I hope you finish second. A new 1-2 would be brilliant for the English game.

Well done Leicester, what an achievement. Spurs in my opinion will finish above Chelsea and Arsenal again next season?. Bring it on!

I'm not trying to get anyone banned. Crazy man! You can do that all by yourself. Ha ha ha.Still, I can't believe you are defending the antics of the Spurs players, and hiding behind provocation/racism. It was an awful show. I agree that the Chelsea players were no better. How Costa has not been banned several times this season in beyond me. But, the Spurs players, tackles and so on last night were disgraceful. Was it Lamella that stood on Fabregas's hand? Not very nice. He should get a retrospective red card for that. Pretending he did not see him on the ground, or know what he had done. Disgraceful. If that was a Spurs player on the ground, Lamella's boot would have landed nowhere near the guys hand. He did it on purpose. Pathetic. And you ignore Dembele's actions. Shocking. Going for the guys eyes. What is it all about??!! These are not defensible actions in my book. With Alli already banned for punching, what is going on at WHL? Have they got cage fighters for coaches?

1 hour ago, Mangle said:

I'm not trying to get anyone banned. Crazy man! You can do that all by yourself. Ha ha ha.Still, I can't believe you are defending the antics of the Spurs players, and hiding behind provocation/racism. It was an awful show. I agree that the Chelsea players were no better. How Costa has not been banned several times this season in beyond me. But, the Spurs players, tackles and so on last night were disgraceful. Was it Lamella that stood on Fabregas's hand? Not very nice. He should get a retrospective red card for that. Pretending he did not see him on the ground, or know what he had done. Disgraceful. If that was a Spurs player on the ground, Lamella's boot would have landed nowhere near the guys hand. He did it on purpose. Pathetic. And you ignore Dembele's actions. Shocking. Going for the guys eyes. What is it all about??!! These are not defensible actions in my book. With Alli already banned for punching, what is going on at WHL? Have they got cage fighters for coaches?

I will defend my team,until I die and put me 6 foot under.

Where have I defended Dembele.? You tube.

If I was Lamela,I would head stamped on that Gooners head the horrible little. ££££.

Maybe if your shower of ££££ showed a bit of fight in recent times,you may have won the Champions League.

The League table dont lie.

Some facts.MR MANGLE.

Here are the so-called big teams in the Premiership,and where Spurs are.

CHELSEA, 22 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

LIVERPOOL 15 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

MAN UTD 10 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

MAN CITY 6 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

ARSENAL 3 PTS BEHIND SPURS.

One common word here for all you big boys. BEHIND.

So go and wind your neck in.

I was thinking the same about Arsenal lacking a bit of grit to go with the skills. Wenger to set in his ways to change.

I think the gaps between Spurs and the rest will be a lot closer next year.

My dark horse to get top 4 next season would be West Ham, especially if they keep Payet.

You've lost it SSS. Advocating foul play and hatrid. My neck is not out. No need to wind it in. You know what, Spurs have done themselves proud this year. Still 2 games left, but second place is theirs to lose, automatic qualification into the CL assured, some young good talent, a fast skilful method of play. But last night they ran out of steam a bit, and were confronted by a team, who publicly said a few days ago they basically wanted to help Leicester win the league, who provoked them. And their reaction was as bad as the provocation. I'm all for a contact sport, fair challenges and so on. Did you see what the Leicester player Drinkwater got sent off for at the weekend? A straight forward foul and then he put his hand on an attackers shoulder. Two yellows. Looking at last nights performance, Spurs should have had at least 3 or 4 players sent off. Is was disgraceful, and anything but condemnation is extraordinary. If Arsenal players acted like that yesterday, I would not defend them at all. Throw the book at them.

12 minutes ago, Mangle said:

You've lost it SSS. Advocating foul play and hatrid. My neck is not out. No need to wind it in. You know what, Spurs have done themselves proud this year. Still 2 games left, but second place is theirs to lose, automatic qualification into the CL assured, some young good talent, a fast skilful method of play. But last night they ran out of steam a bit, and were confronted by a team, who publicly said a few days ago they basically wanted to help Leicester win the league, who provoked them. And their reaction was as bad as the provocation. I'm all for a contact sport, fair challenges and so on. Did you see what the Leicester player Drinkwater got sent off for at the weekend? A straight forward foul and then he put his hand on an attackers shoulder. Two yellows. Looking at last nights performance, Spurs should have had at least 3 or 4 players sent off. Is was disgraceful, and anything but condemnation is extraordinary. If Arsenal players acted like that yesterday, I would not defend them at all. Throw the book at them.

You are a bloody hypocrite.

Go back a few years,and look at the Goons discipline.

Vieria and Keane,before a ball was kicked,comes to mind,in the players tunnel.

Im sure I could dig up a bit more,if your memory has deserted you.

You still dont show me where I defend Dembele.

Just a typical Goon trying to cover up your usual crap season,and your problems,with Spurs above you in the League.

When the hell have I gone on about Vierra and so on? I haven't. And in any case, I'm not talking only about Dembele, I am talking about the general display by the whole team last night. It was disgraceful. You know it, we all know it, and it is worthy of condemnation!

As a long term CFC supporter and also an admirer of THFC for many years, I have to say that last nights display from Spurs was severely out of character. Having now watched MOTD I am gobsmacked that there were no red cards. As the ref was Clattenberg however, it is quite understandable. Best atmosphere at the Bridge this season by a long way and very pleased that we denied Spurs the chance to keep their dreams alive. The adrenaline made the drive home much easier. Spurs players - absolute disgrace. Hope at least 3 of them get their just desserts from the FA.

49 minutes ago, baldy said:

As a long term CFC supporter and also an admirer of THFC for many years, I have to say that last nights display from Spurs was severely out of character. Having now watched MOTD I am gobsmacked that there were no red cards. As the ref was Clattenberg however, it is quite understandable. Best atmosphere at the Bridge this season by a long way and very pleased that we denied Spurs the chance to keep their dreams alive. The adrenaline made the drive home much easier. Spurs players - absolute disgrace. Hope at least 3 of them get their just desserts from the FA.

And here comes the Chav's to join the Goons.

Ha, ha, Spurs are condemned for years for having no bottle. they show some, and are condemned again - go figure that one (?)

Leicester (well done) have battered, and bullied their last few games - but are exalted - go figure that one (?)

Good old English physical football - like it should be.

I'll take the new Spurs everyday.

Time for a new era maybe (?) COYS

From the BBC website:

"Tottenham defender Danny Rose has apologised for the ugly scenes that marred Monday's 2-2 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge"......."with Tottenham being shown nine yellow cards, the most to a single team in a match in Premier League history"........"Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino stepped onto the pitch at one point to separate Rose and Chelsea's Willian in the first half, and at full-time the 25-year-old full-back was involved in an incident that resulted in Blues boss Guus Hiddink being pushed to the floor"......"Both sides may face retrospective action from the Football Association, with Spurs' Mousa Dembele having appeared to gouge Diego Costa's eye".

Good old English football you say. Yes, let's breed the horrendous nature of football that spews out of the TV into our living rooms where kids are watching their heroes pull hair, stamp on players hands, gouge eyes and so on. I watched some kids football recently, kids about 5 or 6 years old, and was astonished to see a couple of them stay down when clearly nothing had happened, holding their leg. Feigning injury appears to be part of the game. They don't know what they are doing, they are just copying what they see.

So if you think good old football is like that, I find it sad. Will kids be copying the eye gouging, stamping and so on? Fool!

For a real match, with a lot at stake, what about the Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid last night. Wow, a pulsating match, in a fiery atmosphere, where both sets of players gave their all and left the field of play with their heads held high. Higher than those that fought out a 2-2 draw on Monday, that is for certain.

How would some of the modern day prima donas coped with the likes of "chopper" Harris or Norman Hunter? They could certainly dish it out a bit.

3 hours ago, Mangle said:

From the BBC website:

"Tottenham defender Danny Rose has apologised for the ugly scenes that marred Monday's 2-2 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge"......."with Tottenham being shown nine yellow cards, the most to a single team in a match in Premier League history"........"Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino stepped onto the pitch at one point to separate Rose and Chelsea's Willian in the first half, and at full-time the 25-year-old full-back was involved in an incident that resulted in Blues boss Guus Hiddink being pushed to the floor"......"Both sides may face retrospective action from the Football Association, with Spurs' Mousa Dembele having appeared to gouge Diego Costa's eye".

Good old English football you say. Yes, let's breed the horrendous nature of football that spews out of the TV into our living rooms where kids are watching their heroes pull hair, stamp on players hands, gouge eyes and so on. I watched some kids football recently, kids about 5 or 6 years old, and was astonished to see a couple of them stay down when clearly nothing had happened, holding their leg. Feigning injury appears to be part of the game. They don't know what they are doing, they are just copying what they see.

So if you think good old football is like that, I find it sad. Will kids be copying the eye gouging, stamping and so on? Fool!

For a real match, with a lot at stake, what about the Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid last night. Wow, a pulsating match, in a fiery atmosphere, where both sets of players gave their all and left the field of play with their heads held high. Higher than those that fought out a 2-2 draw on Monday, that is for certain.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Did'nt make much of an issue,when Fernando Torres was seen gouging Jan Vertonghan,a couple of season's ago.

No action was taken when the F.A investigated the incident.

Mangle must have Wenger's problem.

Did not see it.

If Torres was not charged,cant see Dembele,getting much of a ban.

Oh hang on he plays for Spurs. 

10 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Both clubs charged. You two ignore it, afraid to give your reactions. Pathetic.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Just been looking at a yellow and red card league table for the season, presume up to date. Least offending team are Arsenal, Leicester in 6th, Chelsea 12th and Spurs 14th. Think I've got that right as can't copy and paste anything on my phone!

The worst team so far by the way are Villa.