Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Sunday Cup 2nd Round

Tremough 4 .v. The Oxford 2

Blustery wind and heavy drizzle meant that both teams agreed to play 35mins each way rather than call off the game, and a more alert start from Tremough had them 1-0 up within first 5 mins. Conditions stopped both teams from getting there game going, but there was still a good amount of football played by both sides. Chances were limited but a quick break from Tremough and they went in at half time 2-0 up. With Oxford's manager Paul Hutchens away for the weekend, club captain Craig ' Barney' Barnard was in charge and made 2 changes, James Leeson coming off with an injury for Aaron 'Lofty' Richards and John Williams making way for Mark Jose. The substitutions made all the difference with Joser playing some quality passes to open Tremough up a bit, and our pressure told when Tom Rosenfeld scored. The goal gave Oxford something to build on and after another spell of pressure Lofty scored after coming in on the far post to knock in a crossed ball. At 2-2, the game really opened up into a classic end to end game and some real quality short, accurate passing from Tremough on the counter attack proved to be the undoing of the Oxford. Two goals scored by them in the last 15mins of the match ending a really good game of football. Well done to Tremough who I think are the best team we have played against this season and good luck to them for the rest of the competition.

Falmouth Albion 2 Gloweth Utd 2 AET (Falmouth win 5-4 on penalties)

The holders of the Cornwall Sunday Cup were made to fight to the death before scraping through on a sudden death penalty shoot out.

Gloweth ahead at half-time,Falmouth equalising from the penalty spot in the second half.

Gloweth ahead again in the first period of extra time and they also hit the post but a clever chip again equalised.

4-4 on the best of five penalties and Falmouth scored the deciding one in sudden death.

My first view of Gloweth and they look to be a good all round team who work hard for each other.They should have a good season if they maintain their momentum.

It was poor that it was only 35mins each way in the tremough vs oxford game. Sure it was wet, windy and cold but thats the beauty of Sunday morning football! The pitch was well cut and the ball held up fine. I think the referee was in a hurry to get home for his sunday roast!

Good, fair and honest report from Damo there i thought, although i noticed he failed to mention my part in both oxford goals! Come on Damo, sort it out mate! Lol :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

First of all. we at falmouth albion. would like to congratulate. gloweth utd. for the way they conducted them selfs. out there today. they took us. albion to hell and back. you guys. were magnificent. you were the better

team. on the day........we stole it on penalties. some times in football you dont always get what you deserve.

and that was the case today. we cant believe how we are still in the draw for the next round. :clapper:

if you continue to play like that you will be playing. t.m.s. and the railway boys next season. no problem.

So a big well done. i know its no consolation.but you guys must take some credit for your proformence. today.also for the poor old ref. it was terrible conditions at times. and it did go the whole distance. well done

to the ref. ( el nino) you missed afantastic match.

Guest Tremough Defender

Good honest fair report from Damo No 2 on the Tremough v. Oxford Game.

It was a true sunday morning bit of weather yesterday. It was a shame we could only play 35 minutes each way, but it was either that or the ref was going to call it off. Neither team wanted that.

Oxford are a tough team to break down and yesterday considering the weather knocked the ball around really well. I felt at 2-0 up we should have closed the game out, but constant pressure from Oxford finally broke the defense. At 2-2 we could have collapsed but we all came together and took the game to Oxford and thankfully scored the 3rd and crutially the 4th to win the game. At 3-2 there was still a chance you could claw it back.

Oxford were dignified in defeat and one player actually thanked us for a "Great Cup Tie". All credit to Oxford for yesterday, really worked us hard.

Looking forward to seeing you in the league!

Jj

what are the rules regarding sunday league and combo ?? I know someone who did a team a favour and played one game for a combo team recently is he still eligable to play sunday league ? as far as i am aware you are allowed upto 5 games before being classed as senior player ??

......tell Jake that he has to miss the next 30 days of sunday league and providing he does not play again in senior football in that time he will be able to carry on .

Rule agreed by clubs a few years ago to stop the glory hunters playing senior on saturdays and junior football after waking up on sunday mornings .

Yeah Booters beat tms 2-0 in the sunday cup a couple of weeks ago, so think they will be well up for a revenge mission.

And can someone please buy Callum a new watch for xmas, its the second year that he's turned up an hour early after not puttin the clocks back, real shame i missed the Tremough game sounds like a good un, still cant fathom why it was only 35mins each way seems well odd to me, was the weather really that bad I was in Bristol and it was ok up there??

Guest Postie Pidge

WAS JUST MAKING AN ENQUIRY, Y DO YOU GUYS THINK JAKE PLAYED FOR PENRYN ?

Jake scored four for Penryn Combo and will have to wait 30 days before playing for Threemilestone again, providing he doesn't make another appearance for Penryn.