Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint Athletic 1 Falmouth Town 1 Match details for Pidge

Carslberg South West Peninsula League-Premier Division

TORPOINT ATHLETIC 1 FALMOUTH TOWN 1 h/t 0-0 corners 9-4 Est.Att.125

Goals:TA-Matt Hawke75m(following a poor clearance from the 9th corner)-FT- Fergus Nevin 81m(an almost identical goal from their 4th corner.

TA-Joey Syndercombe;Chris Todd;Gary Williams;Jamie Evans;Matt Hawke;Tony Biddle(Capt)(Bradley Yeo 89m);Steve Colwell;Mike Roberts;Adam Carter;Ben Davis;Carl Flintoff(Darren Hicks 60m);Subs unused Mark Sotheran;Darren Veale:

FT-Nathan Murphy;Jamie Morrison-Hill;Fergus Nevin;Aaron Harper-Penman(Capt);Brinton Nute;Lee Beer;Darren Burchell(Kain Bond 73m);Matt Godfree(Andy Bowker 85m);Glen Squires;Matt Cussack(Aaron Cussack 73m)Neil Bettis: unused subs Wayne Brown;Ben Goldring:

Bookings TA-Tony Biddle and Adam Carter first half fouls: FT Fergus Nevin second half foul

Referee Marc Whaley (Plymouth): Assistants Phil Hart and Sam Littlefair both Plymouth As per programme ?

Now I'm back from Falmouth, I will be back on the case and get the league table up to date (On Sunday)

It was great to meet up with Mike Odgers, Pidge, Stig and others in the Falmouth Club bar after the comprehensive thrashing of Holsworthy (I will have to come down more often if this is the way we play!)

Thanks for the hospitality Guys!

Yes it was an intense top of the table clash with Torpoint taking first half honours and Falmouth coming back strong at the end.

Both goals coming from corners which were not cleared-and I made the corner count 9-4 for Torpoint.

I didnt travel to The Mill last season but found that new shelter ideal in the driving misty rain especially being packed with a good banter and it was there I met up with Ian Leonard (father of Dave at Truro) after20 years, when Dave was at Bickland in the Dave Wadd era.

Some other Falmouth supporters were full of praise for the cosy catering premises which provided seating and wasnt the clubhouse bar full after the match where I had my usual greeting with a Torpoint legend Roy Carter.

All in all a very enjoyable afternoon despite the weather.

I enjoyed watching this game.

I think it was a fair result. I think Falmouth will be more satisfied with a point away from home to a team at the top.

Good to see Torpoint doing well. They seem to have a hard working club on and off the pitch.

Good to see Lee Langmead warming up for Falmouth before the game.

Overall a good game and all credit to Torpoint as the hosts.

Thankyou for all the kind comments.

Glad you all enjoyed your visit to the Mill.

Yes we have a hard working and rejuvenated committee, and a growing band of volunteers, including two volunteer groundsman who are learning as they go and deserve a lot of praise for an excellent playing surface.

Also glad the new facilities are appreciated, it makes all the hard work over the summer worthwhile.

We're now about to embark on some fundraising as we're determind, after many false dawns, to get the floodlights up as soon as possible :D