Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results 27th October

Guest Helston Patriot

SNR CUP;

Helston Athletic 0 v 1 Lanreath

Credit to a well organised Lanreath team who missed a pen. We had our chances (1 disallowed 2 cleared off the line), very frustrating game with some histrionics from a few Lanreath players. Ref fell hook line and sinker every time!

Goodluck next round lads :thumbsup:

ALSO

St Day 0 - 3 Probus

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 9-0 PENZANCE RESERVES

Pz turned up with 13. 3 were 16 year olds, 3 were 17 year old, 2 were 18 year old. Also playing Jerry Ede, our manager and Dodger Long. Desperate times at Pz it seems.

8mins 1-0 Header from corner

27mins 2-0 A 3 on 1 break at back

40 mins 3-0 Attempted cross fools everyone and goes in untouched

42 mins 4-0 Cross from right volleyed in

44 mins Penzance miss a penalty. Keeper saves

H-T

56 mins 5-0 Penryn beat offside finish with volley

58mins 6-0 Same again.

Pz down to 10 men as one player has to leave to go to work, and lad who was substituted at half-time refuses to leave clubhouse, because he has changed into street clothes, and become linesman so our last sub has to stay on as linesman.

61mins 7-0 Same as 5-0

80 mins 8-0 Free kick headed into goal

85mins 9-0 As same as 5-0

2 men of match for Pz

Damien Norman in goal saved Pz going into double figures coming out to stop Penryn as they burst through and Mark Grenfell. He was everywhere at the back but couldn't hold the line on his own.

Crowd count 47 of which 3 were from Pz but none of us fit enough to run the line.

Guest Helston Patriot

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 9-0 PENZANCE RESERVES

Pz turned up with 13. 3 were 16 year olds, 3 were 17 year old, 2 were 18 year old. Also playing Jerry Ede, our manager and Dodger Long. Desperate times at Pz it seems.

so you had a team then!

Dodge is a legend!

ALSO

Truro won 4-0

Hell-up in the dressing room afterwards.

The lad who refused to come out of the clubhouse to be the linesman cos he had changed leaving us with only 10 on the field when we had a sub who could have come on but had to stay as linesman tried to come in carrying a half drunk pint.

Jerry said he had better dissapear before he scat him down.

That is the first time I have seen a player refusing to come out and be linesman leaving his team mates to play out the last 20 mins with 10.

I'd tell him not to bother turning up next week Cornishteddyboy & when he is allowed back in the squad he should start off by running the line for a week or two!!

I WOULD IMAGINE JERRY WILL SORT OUT ANY OF THE IDIOTS IN THE CHANGING ROOM. SURPRISED TO SEE THE LEGEND DODGER DOWN THERE THOUGHT HE WOULD BE PLAYING FOR CULDROSE.....

dodge doesn't play every week. his son plays for pz and dodge occasionaly plays when pz are short. (pretty much ervery week then)

St Day 1-3 Probus.

H/T 0-0

you will not see four better goals this season, fact. st day dominated the game for long periods but could not find the finishing touch. probus had three shots on goal and scored all three.

first goal (probus) was 35 yard screamer that went in the top left corner of the goal like a rocket.

second goal (probus) scramble on the edge of the box, ball breaks to player who hit it first time and it flies in to the top left corner like a bullet.

(St Day) danny watts controls the ball on his chest and hit a volley into the top right corner of the net from 25yds out.

fourth goal (Probus) free kick 20yds out, player bends his shot rond the wall and the ball goes in off the underside of the bar.

all goals were unstoppable.

Dodger's son Sam, who is 16 years old, has played up-front for Penzance all season scoring 2 goals so far. For anyone who'se played us, he's the lad with the long hair. No wind-up, he's got what it takes to be a good player. I hope he stays with the club cos in 12-18 months time he'll be knocking them in on a regular basis.

Last week Dodger played 10 mins at St Day, the first time he's run out for the team. This week he played all the match as did Jerry.

Holmans 6 roache 0 a good allround performance by the home side with frazer cadman scoring another 20+ yard strike,other goals from m.perry,own goal,paps,l.burns and s.lavis.

Guest Doomer17

dodge doesn't play every week. his son plays for pz and dodge occasionaly plays when pz are short.

(pretty much ervery week then)

Hope that wasn't sarcasm? First of all, the situation we are in isn't ideal, but Jerry and a lot of the players are doing their best to get the club out of it.

The situation isn't ideal, but it is certainly within our reach. I know jerry and a few of us lads down there have the quality to get through it. We just have to all pull in the same direction.

Oh and with regards to the Helston game, i think you will find the 1sts indeed do have a game (dont quote me on that but i think Callington town) And even if they didn't...Would you expect Jerry not to try and get a few 1st teamers? If we were winning each week comprehensively then i would understand people being slightly frustrated in 2nds using firsts(not that i personally see it as a problem, thats the idea of 2 teams) but in the current situation, Penzance reserves need a turn in fortune, and if that involves a bunch of first teamers, then so be it!

Perranporth 0-3 Illogan - Snr Cup

Flatering score line to be honest. 1st half Illogan scored a good early goal by Josh kemp but from then on all the football was played by Perranporth but without looking like they would score. 2nd Half Illogan were the better side and added another couple of good goals. Perranporth looked a good team playing some good footy skipper for them in the back looked a really good player but they just never troubled our keeper or looked like scoring, right result in the end but probably only 1 goal in it.

doomer. woh woh woh woooohhh sweet child of mine.

was only pionting out the dodger situation as i spkoe to him when you played us a couple of weeks ago.

i personally have no problem with pz playing first teamers and as you quite rightly said thats why you have two teams. i wasn't trying to stir things up it was just an opinion, i actually think that pz are close to having a decent side and jerry is the very man to bring that together, i said that on here after we playe them the other week.

good luck to all teams and may you all win every week and are all happy. (thats sarcasm)

:thumbsup:

Combo L/cup

Hayle res 3-1 Mullion

hayle goals by W Rouffignac (1) M Thomas (1) C Bullock (1)

A good performance from us progressing into the next round of the cup we were the better team in the first half and should have scored more goals, Mullion went ahead through a penalty kick, but we came right back scoring almost straight from kick off, with Wayne Rouffignac taking three tries to get ball in the net, but it meant we kept on top and Matti Thomas got our second to go in 2-1 up at the break.

We came out in the second half and carried on where we left off, apart from a 15 minnute spell, we were on top of the game and never looked like loosing, Chris Bullock showing finnishing skills his dad would be proud of, capped a man of the match performance to put us 3-1 up, and into the draw for the next round. The whole team worked very hard for each other and all deserve credit for the win. :drink::drink: :drink:

Guest Helston Patriot

too right HP.

helston must be concentrating on the league, and league cup now then HP.

can't beleive you got a relativley easy game next week at pz, no disrespect to them but you should get back on track there.

I think there is only one team who will win the SNR cup this year, and every year they are still playing in the JCCL/SWPL and that is Truro! Everyone is playing for runners up. FACT

No game is easy mate, you can only beat whats in front of you! Seriously though i heard all 4 goals were unstoppabe in your game, just unfortunate it was for the ECPL team(s)!

who you got sat?

I think we have Truro in the next round of the senior cup which ive been told is there 1st team?? How is that possible and at what point are they classed as too high up in the leagues to be in the senior cup??

Although that is as far as we are now going to go in the comp which is a shame at least it will be a chance for us to show case the quality 16-18 year old lads we have playing for us this year, plus we will get to kick a few of them.

Surely it depends on wether the Combo are fixtured to have a game the same saturday as the 1st team are down to play senior cup?? If both sides are fixtured I dont see them having anything but there normal 1st team squad?

Just like porthleven\penryn or falmouth can have both 1st and 2nds playing the same day as a senior cup game.

WE WILL PROBABLY BE FIXTURED TO PLAY TRURO THAT DAY M8.. WE WILL PLAY THE 1ST TEAM...AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH.

KICK A FEW GO ON ...AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

HOPE YOUR WELL BUD