Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Women's Cup - CCFA help?

The second biggest games (potentially) in the Women's League take place on Tuesday and Wednesday next week at neutral venues (at stated on the CCFA website).

22/03/16 - Callington Town Ladies vs Charlestown Ladies

23/03/16 - Mabe Ladies vs Newquay Celtic

The four match officials have all been confirmed and listed but no venues (as yet) have been listed on the website. The Senior and Junior Cup semi finals and final venues were all mentioned in good time and on here I do believe.

Come on CCFA, fairness for all and all that. Promote the Women's game too. Usually there is a charge to get in and the more that attend, the easier it will be to pay the officials, the club's hosting etc without dipping in to the coffers which always seems to be a reluctanct activity.

As a Youtube video states: C'mon Son!

29 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

The second biggest games (potentially) in the Women's League take place on Tuesday and Wednesday next week at neutral venues (at stated on the CCFA website).

22/03/16 - Callington Town Ladies vs Charlestown Ladies

23/03/16 - Mabe Ladies vs Newquay Celtic

The four match officials have all been confirmed and listed but no venues (as yet) have been listed on the website. The Senior and Junior Cup semi finals and final venues were all mentioned in good time and on here I do believe.

Come on CCFA, fairness for all and all that. Promote the Women's game too. Usually there is a charge to get in and the more that attend, the easier it will be to pay the officials, the club's hosting etc without dipping in to the coffers which always seems to be a reluctanct activity.

As a Youtube video states: C'mon Son!

The Semi Finals of the CCFA Womens Cup have been put back to a later date. More details when available.

9 hours ago, David Bray said:

The Semi Finals of the CCFA Womens Cup have been put back to a later date. More details when available.

From what we hear, I presume that "when available" means the day after the matches take place!

It really is not on (and arguably, criminally sexist) to treat the Ladies like that. I'm with Willow on this one!

As young Willow points out the League Cup semi-finals in the men's game are arranged and fixed in time and place well in advance and then advertised well in advance. 

I was actively involved in promoting the Ladies game, some ten or more years back, then it was the poor relation both locally and nationally, Nationally and internationally it has come on in leaps and bounds, in Cornwall there is an awful long way to go.

I wonder if it would make any difference if the Football Forum had a Ladies League sub-forum (as we do for Sunday League etc.), but then again I wondered that about the Youth and Junior Leagues to no avail.

Spot on Bruegel.  I am afraid the euphoria over England coming third in the World Cup has long gone.  You only have to look at Cornwall & Devon at county level to see there is still a major problem in supporting the women's game with clubs continually folding..In fairness there is a major problem at both the women's game and youth football.  Personally I cannot see it changing in the near or not so near future.   The female game is still frowned upon at the lower level.   

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

or is this just another way of slagging off the CCFA or have you discussed your concern direct with them? Your accusation that they are being "criminally sexist" is rather damning!

Mr. D, please, I am no Big Al. I am an avid supporter of the CCFA when they're getting it right, as they often do (I've attended several of their excellent courses), but equally I am no apologist for them when they get it wrong. With Ladies football, I'm sorry, but they have yet to get even close to right.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Why not contact the CCFA direct?

After posting on here, I did do that and received a response:

Many thanks for your email and I can confirm that our website has now been amended to TBA.

Once I have received confirmation from the teams involved and we have confirmation of the new dates for the semi-finals, I will update Full Time and our website accordingly. 

Kind regards

Claire

Claire Summers-Evans

Governance Administrator

Thank you CCFA!

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Nothing changes does it - this really bugs me. The women's game takes a back seat as usual. 

I'm not blaming the CCFA but three weeks after the original date, nothing has been announced yet. That was the only point I wanted to make.

33 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Oh dear  - really ?

I'm just jesting but as the Senior Cup Final and most of the County Youth games, and the postponed Cornwall game, and the England game last season I wouldn't be surprised. It would be logical for the Mabe-Newquay game, pretty central with lights.

10 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

I'm taking your word for it David but the referees list says Porthleven.

I have it on very good authority that the tie will now be at Perranporth with a 6.30pm kick off.

10 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

I'm taking your word for it David but the referees list says Porthleven.