Cornwall Football Forum

RAPPO 2000 GOALS???

Been asked by loads of people lately about the goals, so for any Statto's and anorach's like myself out there, I've just spent half the afternoon checking and rechecking my goals in men's football!!! While the Mrs caught up with a few Eastenders episodes on the i player. I couldn't handle that so did this instead!!! A bit of a break from collecting my Cornish teams pin badges!! ⚽️? Haha Saddo! Anyway had my first men's game for the mighty Malabar In 1981 aged 13!!! Wouldn't be allowed these days would it!!! About 7 stone ago!!! Think I scored about just over 600 goals in youth football but wasn't such a sad statto back then so no record of it!!! I was too busy climbing trees and breaking windows on the streets of Malabar with our 30 a side matches on a small pitch!! Wouldn't have swapped it though! Anyway for anyone that's interested (all 3 of you)!! Here's a breakdown of the goals. Thanks for looking and hope my knackered bone on bone knee lasts another 11 goals!?!?! I couldn't have done it without some of those crap defenders and keepers I played against over the years!!! Only joking!!!! ??

SWL (includes Fa Cup, Fa Vase, Senior Cup, Charity Cup, Cornwall games)....433

COMBO/ECL (includes Combo, Supp, Evely, ECL Cups)......................     .......470

JUNIOR (Mining, Falmouth Helston, Trelawny leagues, cups etc)........     ........469

SUNDAY (West Cornwall League and cups, Sunday County Cup).....               437

VETERANS (League and cups)............................................................               180

FRIENDLIES (SWL X1,Brewery Cup, league teams, pre season etc).................177

Obviously the friendlies don't count towards the 2000 goals as it has to be competitive football. Won't count about the 100 I've been ripped off for offsides by "loyal" club linesmen either! Including 2 last week!!! Mind you I've punched about 3 in as well so swings and roundabouts I suppose!? Still hate Maradona though!!! Anyway I'm sure someone will beat it one day but there it is. Yours in Cornish football ⚽️❤️?

Rappo x

Quality stuff mate, was a good to assist in a few of those for you! Remember Storm away about 2 seasons ago when you scored 7 or 8 that day, however I think you took me out on at least 4 of those to grab them before me, the power and accuracy of Tony Penrose's deliveries! :D Wish you all the best in getting to that milestone mate, will take some beating too!

Thanks for the kind words gents, even Dave on the tap ins!!! Kev if all the defenders were like you and Tommy football would be better for it. Gentlemen, hard and fair always and a good handshake after the game. Mind you I wouldn't have scored that many if I played against you two every week!!! Remember that game Els!!! One of those rare days when everything goes in! 66 goals that season thanks to the service from you and Tony mate!!! ?  Glad I started with my home club Malabar Dave, you guys all looked after me and I learnt so much as a wet behind the ears 14 year old. Not only on the pitch!!!!! Cheers mate.  ?   Yeah Dan, played almost 1200 games in adult football. Probably why my knees are knackered!!! Just gonna try and enjoy the last few games (hopefully) as much as I can through the pain and gasping for breath. There's nothing like playing football and scoring a goal is still the best feeling in the world!!! Even for a 48 year old!  ?⚽️

Thanks Dan, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned mate!!! Don't trust the knee! Did a 20 mile bike ride with the wife a couple weeks ago and went fine and a couple days later I was carrying a couple cups of tea up the stairs and it just gave out!! Weird this bone on bone stuff! Same with football, sometimes can manage an hour, other times agony from the minute I pass it ten yards! Thanks for that Dan, must say Gareth Rowett did a lovely piece on the goals in yesterday's St.Austell Voice, great paper for sport up this way if anyone ain't came across a copy? ?⚽️  Brought back some great memories!!! Cheers Dan, enjoy your football mate, the seasons go quick and all of a sudden you're an old man!!! ?

22 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Thanks Dan, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned mate!!! Don't trust the knee! Did a 20 mile bike ride with the wife a couple weeks ago and went fine and a couple days later I was carrying a couple cups of tea up the stairs and it just gave out!! Weird this bone on bone stuff! Same with football, sometimes can manage an hour, other times agony from the minute I pass it ten yards! Thanks for that Dan, must say Gareth Rowett did a lovely piece on the goals in yesterday's St.Austell Voice, great paper for sport up this way if anyone ain't came across a copy? ?⚽️  Brought back some great memories!!! Cheers Dan, enjoy your football mate, the seasons go quick and all of a sudden you're an old man!!! ?

I'll try to find that, would like to read it! Yeah it's crazy mate, I don't understand it! Thanks bud, haven't played much this year, only played two games myself because I have been managing. Looking forward to actaully playing again tomorrow though! Trying to get myself back into the side but it's not easy this management lark! Hope you're well mate, you'll get to 2000 no problem!