Cornwall Football Forum

KEEP TRURO IN CORNWALL.

In the case of Truro City, I'd say the real fans are the ones who were there pre the old regime and the ones who would be there if the club ends up back in the SWPL. However I agree its a tough definition as St Darren rightly says.

I'm sure you are looking for an argument here TruroPostie, as you wouldn't have posted what you did. When Truro City almost folded, TISA were tirelessly raising funds to help keep the club afloat. As Dave said, it's obviously nowehere near the amount that the businessmen can come up with, but they were still trying to keep the club afloat and were doing their bit. As for TISA leaving the club, there's a fat chance of that happening. But if for arguments sake they did, the atmosphere and the overall experience at Truro City would stink.

4 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

It's SO easy for TISA and other people if a similar mindset to sit back and criticise P.M.  

Where were you when TCFC almost folded?  Nowhere to be seen, that's where.

P.M. is a successful businessman who has forgotten more about running a business than the rabble from TISA will ever know.

I am not alone with hoping TISA clear off and go to watch another club, and leave 'real' fans of TCFC to get on with it .

Cmon Masters is that all you have. Bring it on!!!

6 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

It's SO easy for TISA and other people if a similar mindset to sit back and criticise P.M.  

Where were you when TCFC almost folded?  Nowhere to be seen, that's where.

P.M. is a successful businessman who has forgotten more about running a business than the rabble from TISA will ever know.

I am not alone with hoping TISA clear off and go to watch another club, and leave 'real' fans of TCFC to get on with it .

Where were TISA when the Club was on its knees.??????????? Think you need to brush up on your history.

On 3/1/2016 at 09:42, somersetspur said:

New Investors are interested.?  Torquay owners refuse to discuss the issue.

Wonder who the investors are .?????????????????

Why are Torquay keeping quiet.??????????????????

The whole situation ,worries me,with both Clubs putting up the smoke screen.

This is the big question,The one Masters is hoping will bear fruit.

This season TCFC average crowd is around 400,at Treyew Rd.

How many of them will go to Torquay,if TCFC get promotion.First few games could be up to 100 maybe.Torquay public maybe interested to see what TCFC has to offer

especially if Torquay go down.200 .Torquay fans and public.

Visiting fans.?? some big Clubs in the National League.Visiting Torquay in August,September,could be a nice proposition.Say 200 visiting fans.

Adding that lot up,I think early doors of the season,crowds could be on a par with TCFC average.

If TCFC dont go up ,which is more realistic,those figures will be less and struggle to keep up with Truro's average.

Mind you ,Truro crowd numbers have been questioned a few times.

A mate to me ,there was never 786 at the Ebbsfleet game.?

One Year  I bet it will more like 3 to 5 remember Brighton ??   Anyway Cornwall Council  planners need more than a year to decide have you seen them?    And the Crowd at the Ebbsfleet game was very large  the figure given imo is correct     The car park was full with no gaps between them so I had to wait until the cars in front of me moved (Not Impressed that I was unable to leave when I wanted to)