Cornwall Football Forum

coopsie get his wish

Guest crosser

Tottenham Hotspur manager Martin Jol has parted company with the club after their poor start to the season.

Jol tendered his resignation before taking charge for the game against Getafe - a 2-1 defeat in the Uefa Cup.

Will it be Ramos to take over??? also said tonight that Poyet as assistant??

You're free, Coopsie! -- Be careful what you wish for!

Ramos is going to stay at Sevilla through the season, though, so whoever Spurs bring in will just be a caretaker and how hard are they gonna work then? And will Ramos have veto/approval power from Spain for the January transfers ? They going to let the short-timer make those decisions?

Maybe Jol could take over for McClaren!

:yahoo: :D:yahoo::thumbsup: .. Don't get me wrong, Jol has done superbly over the last 2 seasons, providing the club with 2 consecutive 5th place finishes and also record figures off the pitch aswell. However, this season simply isn't good enough considering the financial outlay in the summer so he just had to go.

I must admit that I felt for the guy when it was clear that he could tell that the fans had found out it was his last game. He was clearly fighting back the tears and it must have been amazing for him when every Spurs fan rose to their feet to chant his name. The guy has conducted himself with great dignity and was always a gentleman when infront of the cameras. I guess the old saying is true "Nice guys do finish last". I had one huge problem with him last night though, he knew he was gone, even before the game started BUT after the game he just marched off down the tunnel and never resurfaced. Pity he couldn't have gone onto the pitch and applauded the fans before leaving.

As for his replacement, well I'm not too sure. If all the speculation is to be believed then Alex Inglethorpe and Clive Allen will be in charge for the game against Blackburn on sunday and Ramos should be in place before the game against Blackpool in the league cup on wednesday because Daniel Levy met him and his representatives from Sevilla to discuss compensation and offer a "Take it or leave it" option to take over immediately.

I'm not too sure about the guy to be honest,Check out the info from wikipedia

Juande Ramos

Personal information

Full name Juan de la Cruz Ramos Cano

Date of birth September 25, 1954 (1954-09-25) (age 53)

Place of birth Pedro Muñoz, Ciudad Real, Spain

Club information

Current club Sevilla FC (manager)

Teams managed:

Levante UD 1993-1994

CD Logroñés 1994-1995

FC Barcelona B 1995-1996

UE Lleida 1996-1997

Rayo Vallecano 1997-1998

Real Betis 1998-2001

RCD Espanyol 1998-2001

Málaga CF 2002,2003-2004

Sevilla FC 2005-present

* Appearances (Goals)

Juan de la Cruz Ramos Cano, more commonly known as Juande Ramos, (born 25 September 1954 in Pedro Muñoz, Ciudad Real, Spain) is a Spanish football manager, currently in charge of La Liga side Sevilla FC.

During his first season with Sevilla, he won the UEFA Cup in the final against Middlesbrough, where his side won 4–0, and also winning the UEFA Super Cup, beating European champions and fellow La Liga side FC Barcelona 3–0.

In the 2006–07 season, Ramos won the UEFA Cup for the second second consecutive season after a 2–2 draw against RCD Espanyol, which Sevilla won 3–1 on penalties.

His agent said he had no contact with Manchester City, regarding their vacant managerial position, in June 2007.[1] Since Tottenham Hotspur manager Martin Jol was sacked on 25 October 2007, Ramos was tipped to become his replacement.[2]

Honours

Manager

Sevilla CF

UEFA Cup: 2005-06, 2006-07

UEFA Super Cup: 2006

Copa del Rey: 2006-07

Supercopa de España: 2007

Thats ALOT of clubs in a short space of time with very little success until recently. I would have preferred for Spurs to break the bank and go for Mourinho or Capello or Lippi. just somebody with true credentials with major success throughout their career. Guess time will tell but I'm somewhat anxious to see whether the Spurs board have yet again shot themselves in the foot.

On a positive side ALL of the mediocre coaches have been moved on and thank god for that. Chris Hughton has been at spurs since 1977 and that is quite an achievement BUT for the last 20 years he's been the defensive coach under several different managers. Tell me the one thing that Spurs haven't been able to do for the last 20 years, Oh yes, DEFEND. Also moving on is our truly world class goalkeeping coach HANS SEGERS :wacko: . What the F#@k did that wimbledon muppet ever achieve that makes him competent enough to coach international goalkeepers?. So it's good riddance to old rubbish.

So what will the future hold?. Lets just hope that Ramos (assuming he is taking over) has a thorough clear out. He should get rid of Robinson, Chimbonda, Gardner, Rocha, Young Pyo, Stalteri, Malbranque, Tainio, Jenas, Zokora, Routledge and cash in on Berbatov if he doesn't want to be at the club anymore.

Then perhaps he'll go to his old club and sign some of his old players?. Danny Alves could replace Chimbonda for a start, Christian Poulsen can come and replace Jenas and the rest of the shite midfield players that we have to get rid of.

Hopefully some of the superb youngsters from the reserves will finally be given a chance at the top level (they went 1+half seasons unbeaten in the league), they surely deserve a chance.

No matter what happens, wholesale changes must be made, the squad must be trimmed and from now on only players of undoubted quality must be targeted. Riquelme would do for a start.

Coopsie, that's a hell of a clear out you propose.Can you see a "foreigner" coming in and sorting that lot in time to retain their Premier League status?

It would be unthinkable to see them drop down.

The same thing was said about Leeds and West Ham (Joe Cole "We have too much quality to go down"), However, I don't think we will go down BUT we may well be in a dogfight for a while?.

As for the clear out, it has to be done. If Spurs as a club are really serious about wanting to break into the top 4 in the future, the players I mentioned MUST be shipped out. Afterall, apart from Berbatov how many of those players I mentioned for the clear out would get into a top 4 squad?. How about NONE.

If every tom **** and harry can see that these players are simply not good enough, surely a manager that is supposedly world class will be able to see it too?.

What's up BOSS???. ;) . can't decide what position you're going to play me in again tomorrow :D . Never mind, you know I'll do a thorough and professional job wherever you play me. Or not, as the case may be :P .

As for Spurs, you have to admit that it was time for a change. Jol is a top man, a lovely fella and did very well for 2 years but his position was untenable and results simply werent good enough. To lose to Sunderland, draw with Fulham and even Villa, lose to Everton and Newcastle, these are the teams that IF we are serious about breaking the monopoly of the top 4, we should be beating.

I don't know whether the guy we've selected is the right man but his preferred style of play is to have 2 full backs that like to overlap 2 wingers and play attacking football BUT with a VERY solid centre in midfield and defence. Well seeing as it's the "soft centre" in our team that needs sorting the most, I'll welcome him with open arms. He can bring Adriano to go on the left with Bale and Daniel Alves to go on the right with Lennon. Bring Poulsen and buy Riquelme to go into the middle of the park and find atleast 1 world class centre back and then most of our problems are solved. Goalkeeper needs addressing and perhaps a new coach will make a difference (perhaps that coach could be Peter Schmeichel?), then we could buy his son Kaspar.

Money WILL need to be spent and probably a fair amount at that BUT if he clears the crap/deadwood that simply isn't good enough, he will recoup a fair sum.