Cornwall Football Forum

Police - useless or a help

Guest el nino

Guest el nino

Hi all,

Just wondering what every ones stance on this?

Last night some thieving the rat nicked my hub, brake drum and other accessories, but left the car jacked up with my wheel. I reported this to the police and they wouldnt come out as the car wasnt broken in to. Even though £300 quids worth was half inched! I say they are useless!!!!!!!! :angry2::angry2: :angry2:

I reckon they can't be bothered with the paperwork sometimes <_< It doesn't help your insurance claim much either cos you usually need an incident number before they'll look at the claim. Good luck with it :thumbsup:

Guest el nino

o they gave me a claim number, the rac come out and said that it had to be an organised hit as it wasnt no 2 minute job. Its a vauxhall corsa. The thing is though the police sais straight we wont send a officer, what message does this send to offenders??? They can do the crime and get away with it!! :angry2::angry2: :angry2:

Isn't it nice that we get great service and protection with the taxes we pay from our hard earned wages. I can't stand the Police the fascist bas#@rds. My Mother was mugged by a group of men in Tottenham a few years back and the fascists said that they couldn't/wouldn't do anything about it because she could not give a description of any of them.

I guess she should have paid more attention while she was being punched to the floor and then kicked whilst they took her bag, coat and even her shoes. Oh well, atleast she now knows what to do if it happens again?. :angry2:

My son-in-law phones the police at 2am to say his motor scooter had been pinched. They find it and instead of contacting him they have it picked-up taken to a police yard for so called forensics instead of phoning him to say they had found it damaged in a hedge about 75 yards from his house and what did he want to do.

The result. £120 to get it released from the police compound, £40 to have it returned to his house and another £40 quid to have it taken to the garage for repair. And they couldn't even be bothered to pick up the panels that were taken off his bike that were lying around. You know the ones they could have tested for fingerprints. And the best part about it, everyone in the area knew who did it but the police said they couldn't solve it.

Needless to say the lad was not pleased.

Not good at all.

Thieves must be desperate to nick someones brake drum though can you imagine how long it would take to get all that off. the cheek of it! I do feel for you though mate, if i EVER caught anyone tampering with my pride and joy motor i would go mental!!!!

And like what ECPL said its a joke to charge you all that money to get it out of a police compound especially when you have reported it stolen in the first place its like being the victim twice!!!