Cornwall Football Forum

F1 Motor Racing

Depends how you look at it iamthebest!!. Some may say that it was a "typical" weekend for English sport. Never won anything but the Rugby lads will still return home heroes and Lewis Hamilton will be praised for a superb debut season culminating in only "missing out" on the world championship in the last race of the season.

Absolute bullcrap, Just like the Football team the England rugby team weren't good enough and Lewis Hamilton cracked when he should have held it together more than ever before in his career.

Like I said last week when replying to another topic, how can we ever expect to be champions at anything when we are so happy to engraciate ourselves with people and teams that ALMOST won?.

iamthebest, IT IS DUMB and even somebody who is forever having "Blonde Moments" would say the same. Second best is not good enough for anybody who has REAL aspirations to actually win.

Somebody once said "It's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts".... How much do you want to bet that the person that said those words was a loser?.

Don't worry Stig, I think that you know as well as I do, that absolutely nothing will come from this "fuel irregularity" thing. As you correctly say, "you should win on merit". Raikkonen has done exactly that and should be applauded for being strong enough in character to produce the goods when it mattered most.

Guest crosser

If Hamilton wins the championship by default over another teams fuel irregularities then it would devalue teh sport in general, you should win on merrit on the track, not on appeals or through the courts.

I agree with you that ideally hamilton should'nt win the title because these guys are disqualified,

but what is the point of the rule if you don't get punished for breaking it?? they might as well omit that rule from the rule book now because if anybody is caught doing it again they will just say well you let them off, they should have been punished, but it could have been done as not to influence the outcome of the championship

Cornishdave 1980,

I fully agree with you he was let down in China, but also in Brasil, I think I am correct in saying that his team fitted the wrong tyres, in Brasil,

If that is correct then they are letting the drivers down, Hamilton, also had problems with his gear box, so taking all of these things into account plus his bad start off the grid, he was briliant, how many drivers could be in 18 place with the problems that he had & still finnish 7th, there is no doubt in my mind that He will win the Championship sooner rather than later.

Hammers :thumbsup::clapper::yahoo::c: :c:

We must also remember that team Maclaren were actually kicked out of the constructors championship for CHEATING. Therefore, perhaps the beauty of KARMA has shone through for all to see. Justice is done, I'm chuffed for Raikkonen, the guy that has had terrible luck over the last 2 seasons has finally won the world championship that he deserves and Hamilton will get his day in the future. He's only just turned 22 for gods sake.

Now it looks as though Alonso is going to be kicked into touch by Maclaren (where will he go?) and it should be a belter of a season next year and for once I'm actually looking forward to it because I think there could be quite a few different drivers challenging for the title?.