Cornwall Football Forum

Arsenal Ladies Through To Next Round

For those who watched the game today im sure you would agree with me when i say that arsenal ladies dished out a hefty beating and a real football lesson. Some of skill on show was fantastic and pritty much every goal was reaking with quality. All credit to newquay ladies for trying hardest but this is a game they wont forget about in a hurry.

Guest Hayle Caesar

From what I can remember Carney and Yankey ran the show, pure class. I think not for defo Sanderson had 4, Carney 1, Yankey 3, Ludlow(?) 2 and the 2 subs had one each. Really enjoyed the game and was impressed with the Arsenal passing, movement and skill.

Any team that can leave out Kelly Smith, Faye White, Julie Fleeting, Katie Chapman and Mary Phillip and still win 11-1 has to be a quality side. Lets be fair Arsenal will most probably win the premier League without dropping a point and win the two domestic cups and they have already qualified for the last 16 of the UEFA of which they are the champions. I thought Helen Wood was Newquays best player by a mile, unfortunately she kept having to run down numerous wasted high balls down the pitch. But to her credit she deserved her diving headed goal which brought it back to 2-1 I think.

So where does Newquay go from here. It is pretty obvious that at least 5 or 6 players struggled at this level and a great deal of Heaney's money will be needed to bring in some quality players. Its easy to say they will find diffculty in bringing quality players to Truro City next season, but good money and a job will do it.

Everybody I spoke to said there was at least 1,200 - 1,500 at the game and that included Truro officials so to show 850 was a little surprise to say the least.

What was also terrific to see was the Arsenal players signing scores of autographs after the game. I think everyone at the game enjoyed it and were very impressed at the Arsenal passing game and interchanging of positions, whereas Newquay kept giving the ball away as well as lofting the ball over the top to be chased down by Wood. Arsenal were obviously far fitter, so for Newquay to win promotion to the top flight they will have to change their training tactics big time and get some good players in.

Saying that it was a highly enjoyable match which left everyone in no doubt as to the quality Newquay must aspire to.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

But if a gate of only 850 was declared, then VAT can only be charged on that figure..... I must get back to the office soon !

Quite where this 1,200 figure has come from on the Arsenal website is a mystery to TCFC.

The crowd was 850. Of which 421 were adult tickets and 350 concession tickets. These are all counted at the gate. The surplus (which are counted and included) were complimentary tickets handed out by Newquay ladies. For those interested the Treyew Road stand housed 413 while the small grandstand sat 35 (plus the complimentary usage).

TCFC

I was just trawling through the internet looking for any useless information when I noticed that the gate at a Premier League match between Doncaster Rovers and Liverpool was 1,750. Amazing.

I was just trawling through the internet looking for any useless information when I noticed that the gate at a Premier League match between Doncaster Rovers and Liverpool was 1,750. Amazing.

Yeah, amazing that 1,750 people paid to see Liverpool, i know i wouldn't :lol: :drink:

Come on Anita you know Scousers don't pay for anything - they must have all been Donny fans :P

*** JOKE!!!!*** before all the Cornish Scousers jump down my throat :D