Cornwall Football Forum

no pay no play may seem like the only solution, except for one thing if you have a good player who does,nt pay subs, fines ect then there will always be a manager out there somewhere who will pay it for him. Anyone paying players debts in junior football should be severely punished and the CCFA should stop ALL transfers of these players untill full payment is made.

very true except the system currently in affect is open to abuse whereby a club can continue to hold individual players to ransom by actively encourage the said players to run up club debt(be it c.c.f.a fines or subs) by failing to make no attempt on collection over several seasons but continue to play them! the advantages to the club being the player cannot leave whilst he holds a financial liability but from the players point of view he could be stuck at a club he does no longer want to be with.therefore both have a responsibility the club should be responsible in its bookkeeping by ensuring the debts are paid when due and not allow the liability to build up.rather than punish a club wishing to take a player on by clearing his debt(who then take active steps to recover that debt from the player)surely it would be easier and fairer for the c.c.f.a to make a ruling that clubs cannot recover a debt in excess of say £40 from any one player and if they continued to play him it would be at there own cost.Views please?

Does that really happen?

Are there junior players who are worth that sort of stupid investments?

Wouldn't the other players get totally hacked off at the freeloader? They're paying for him.

I'm sure weak club managers "let" players play when they don't pay subs. I've known whole clubs to get into the habit of not paying, leaving some silly sod carrying the debt.

It's stupid and short term. Take on players and insist that subs are part of playing for this club, however good you are! Otherwise, leave them out and that's the end of their football until they pay their way. Thankfully, it's possible to stop them moving to another club. Hooray for that!

What Omerta said is quite correct as far as the loop holes go. We currently have amended our policy in that payments made by the CLUB are now sent with a letter to the CCFA that the said player owes our club the amount as shown. The CCFA then register the debt against the player.

Confront the problem upfront - ask the player why he hasnt paid the fine, Ive said this on here before somewhere,they might be financially stuck ie no job , student or school leaver..I agree players should pay there own fines but they may just need help eg instalments...at the end of the day you play with mates & you would always try to help someone out but paying the fine for them isnt the answer.

Hope this helps...

The trouble is some players i know regulary dont pay each week £3-£4 aweek is not bad, but they then get into routine of not bother to pay and then bang they owe £50, then £100 then £150 etc

It is at that point that players think I cant be bothered with this now

Teams should cut it out early say maximum owing £15 then they cant play and stick to it !! It will be hard to begin with but get through the rough and you will reap the benefits.

When I was at former club they brought similar thing in and it worked but it was drifted out and you seen players owing 40-50 quid again :c:

No pay, no play. Simple.

It may hurt the team but, long term, it's the ONLY solution.

Absolutely 100% agree. There is nothing more annoying than seeing some of the young lads within a club paying their subs and working really hard each week to just be noticed and given a chance by their manager, only to see a so called "superstar of the team" who owes for subs,fines etc be given a shirt regardless of how they conduct themselves.

Except for perhaps when you see these players say to a manager "I don't have the money for subs this week but I'll pay next week", only to bump into them enjoying a night on the lash just a few hours later. :angry:

As Omerta said earlier players find themselves having to pay large sums before they can leave a club, that club then becomes the worst in the world for trying to recuperate their monies. On the other hand a player gets a caution he knows full well that he has an £8.00 fine coming ,he gets sent off it is usually£15.00-£25.00 fine. However if the "club" fails to pay the fine within the 14 days allowed, the fine increases by £20.00 by the CCFA.Who is responsible for the extra cost the club or the player?.

Topcat if a player thinks he can get away with it for so long Y would he not carry on !!

I dont think its right but being realistic

I personally think both club and player are at fault, the club for not so strong and the player for not being honest.

IF YOU WANT END TO IT I THINK YOU SHOULD PUT RULES DOWN FROM THE START THAT PLAYERS CAN NOT PLAY AFTER OWING A CERTAIN AMOUNT OR THE OVER WAY IS TO SAY THEY PAY BEFORE THEY PLAY

YOU WOULD SEE SHARP TURN AROUND THEN ;)