Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth players or Tactics

Guest john

Im bewildered by Falmouths poor run at present. Does anyone have any comments? I do think Falmouth have quality players in the team, but are they being played in the right positions?

Having watched the game at Porthleven yesterday and home to Launceston, there seems no shape to the team at the moment. There seems to be the same players running their guts out and standing out from the rest of the team, i.e. Andy Bowker will run for 90 minutes and Jamie Morrison Hill is argubly Falmouths best player at present, so competent on the ball.

Is it the tactics by the manager that is wrong or the players just not doing?

I do hope Falmouth can turn it round as i like to see them bring back the glory years!

Finally this is just my opinion and i just say what i see! We all want what best for the club! :D

Could be Dave and with a big squad a rotational selection appears to be in place.

eg.Towns most consistent defender Brinton Nute on the bench.

No goals in the last two games there will be a lot of pressure on Lee Langmead(recovering after surgery) to turn it around.

Bad day all round for the three Falmouth sides !st losing0-1,Reserves losing 0-4 and the thirds losing 0-4.

Question for "Postie" If or when, have Falmouth been eliminated from four cup competitions before the end of October?

With only the Senior Cup left to play for and only one club is set to win that, TC.

Guys I think there are a couple of problems here,if you work a rotation in a squad it has to be a really top bunch of players which means a player coming in for another player does not disrupt the team this does not seem to be the situation at Falmouth.

The other issue as is also proving at Liskeard these playeres are being paid so much that they are at the club for the wrong reasons,their not at the club because they really want to play for that club they are there for the wrong reasons and that does make a huge difference.

An example is the lad Coulton at Saltash you can bet your bottom dollar Bodmin made him a much more attractive offer than he is on at Saltash but he told them he is staying where he is because he is happy which proves he really wants to play for that club.

My point being players are at clubs for the wrong reasons and lets be honest here their not really that bothered as long as they get their large envelope.

Guest Cornishdave1980

Gary, you have hit the nail on the head, but this has been the case through out Cornish football, however with Town they have had a tendency to bomb out local players(Miller, Clark, Westgarth etc...) for players from Plymouth who travel for a packet and then shoot home after the game without supporting the club by using the facilities!!!!!!!!!

Honestly now, how many senior Falmouth Town players are in the bar after 18:00 on a match day, your normal guests of honour are Falmouth boys from other clubs and die hard local fans! If im completely wrong please let me know.

P.S. I dont recall the last time i saw Pidge in their, and we all know posties finish early these days(if not on strike)

Guest Cornishdave1980

Can you imagine applying that to Town,s players!!!!!! its a real shame such a big club with a lovely ground and great history goes is going through such a dimise!

The club needs a full overhaul, starting with the board right down to the players if it wants to regain the status it once had in Cornish football

Having spoken to a reliable source(who shall remain nameless), he has said it is not a rotational system being played down there, and with regards to Towns best defender so far for them Brynton Nute, I have been told he was simply dropped from the team for no apparent reason, surely the Management can treat players better than this !!!!

Guest Cornishdave1980

however the point is the clubhouse is not supported by the players, the players wages and fiances to run the club come from other resources

every home game ive been to (all but one this season) i have seen the 1st ream players in the bar area, if you look, they sit on the right hand side cornishdave....so i suggets you put your dummy back in and come up with something original. i agree they are not playing well, but to suggets they dont go in the clubhouse is barmy. in fact i was in there the night after the penryn vase game, and who was in there for about 2 1/2 hours spending money......the whole of the 1st team squad....playing pool with the 2nd team. sort of blows your theory out of the water.

I only hope that if the team is not successful (ie promotion) will they all the players be there next season? It will probably be difficult to retain the playing staff there at the moment without a hike up to a higher league.

There is certainly very little money coming in from gate and club to support the wage bill and again I only hope that the 'bank roll' continues to come!

Yeah i do see the ist team in the club after the games. So credit to them.maybe after midweek games they wont come in. Thats only because these players have so far to travel after the game and have to get up for work the next day.

Refering to the earlier comment about an overhaul of the club on and off the pitch..... isnt that what has happerned this season? A complete new team with quality players :D on the pitch. Its just finding the right formula for them to gel! Lets face it Falmouth are title contenders this year! Its been a while since we was that. This is a rebuilding season for Falmouth, with such new players i dont think it will happern over night, but when the confidence in the team gets back, Town will do good! With such high expectations everyone is out to knock the club down. Maybe we should be out to encourage the club! UP THE TOWN!

Guest town man

I think it's fair to say that Town have not played consistently well all season so the fact that they are doing well in the league bodes well. we dont seem to be creating many goal-scoring chances and I just feel that while everyone is working hard they may not be working smart. There may to date be more emphasis on workrate and less on playing the more skilful players, playing them in the right positions and the right formation. Every game I have seen where we had to chase the game we went to 4-4-2 and looked a much better side.

I was pleased to see Darren Burchall back on Saturday and even though we still lost I think a run of games for him in CENTRE midfield could benefit the side in the long run.

We are still in the league which is the most important, Lee Langmead is on the mend so things could be looking good if the situation is managed well.

UP THE TOWN.

Just seen this on the Town website. I think it summs up the mood of the supporters.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/falmouthtownafc/ftfc7.html

Yeah i agree i think if we beat Holsworthy wednesday and Torpoint Saturday we will be back on track!

4.4.2 is a must and we must start taking your chances. Would like to see more goals from Kain Bond, he should be scoring for fun at this level! With Clay Bond staying at Bideford now, would like to see Darren Burchell given a fair chance!

Maybe Wayne Brown should be given chance on the wing? Thats where he started career and would be faster than Cusack.

If players like Burchell and Browner aint used their be snapped up by Porthleven then Town will have to fork out bigger wages for extra players.

UP THE TOWN!

some people have stuff to do on a sat night (like the match reports) and can't spend all night in the club house drinking. :drink:^_^

Unlike some people...(me included before you jump on me Anita!) :P

to date Falmouth are just not performing, Steve Massey must be aware of the problem, but he seams unable to do anything about it, postie pidge is on the committee as Secretary maybe he should ask Massey what is the problem, because if they continue as they are not only will they not be any where near winning the league, the suporters will fall away altogether, in fact that has already started gates are falling,

I also ask the question is there a problem between Massey & the Players?

Hammers :angry2::c: :c:

<_< I really don't understand what you are all moaning about. Cups a problem - yes, but four points off the top of the league with a game in hand seems to me to be good. You would have bought that at the start of the season. Earlier someone mentioned promotion, are you really saying that Falmouth are relying on this season for promotion, when in the past having finished in a promotion position on the SWL failed to accept a movement then to the Western league, all be it the first division. ^_^

Guest Postie Pidge

It's not my business to interfere with team matters or even question the management. It's my job to make sure the paperwork and everything off the pitch is ok for the game on Wednesday.

Falmouth are having a better season than last and the best start to a season in a while.

Get behind the team and support them.

With regards to johns comment I think Glen Squires should be given a chance instead of Kain Bond as he appears a bit flat at the moment. I was under the impression that falmouth had conjured up a decent squad that were capable of competing for the title and yet the front line appears to be the same two players each week. I believe Chris Wolstencroft is also in the squad yet I havent seen him to date. Is he injured?

I would like to see darren burchill in midfield and why not wayne brown on the wing. I don;t think cusak is a winger anyway he started off season in central midfield. So why put him wide? It's hard to say what best side is at the moment. What would be your best team John? bk 4 hill, penman , bettis, nevin? Mid cusak, godfrey, cusak, burchill? bowker, squires? I think 4 4 2 is best formation to

Postie Pidge,

I will allways suport Falmouth Town, one cannot change after 40 odd years,

but you do have to admit at the moment it is frustrating to watch Town under perform bearing in mind What Steve is spending on the Club & players, in my book he is not getting a fair return on his investment,

He is a top man who knows his job inside out, but he must also be very frustrated with the way the team is responding to his efforts,

But I am also sure that if the Town players continue to play poor Football, then Steve will do something about it, so maybe watch this space.

Hammers :thumbsup::unsure::c: :c:

It is very difficult to say what i think the best team would be! I would like to see Glen Squires given more of a chance up front. That may mean Kain Bond being dropped. kain is looking a bit flat at the moment although he does run his guts out.

A win tonight against Holsworthy, Saturday Torpoint, Tuesday Liskeard will put us back on track and raise the confidence of the players.

I note the Falmouth squad has been reduced with the transfer of Steve Sims to St. BLazey-he came on as second half sub in the Charity Cup match at Saltash last night but injury forced him off.

Pidge what are his career details for his short spell at Falmouth? I know he joined from Torpoint so Appearances(subs)/goals and debut.