Cornwall Football Forum

Club to quit SWPL

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I heard today that Goonhavern will apply for the Cornwall Combination League for next season (just in case they don't get relegated) as they see no future for the club in the SWPL set up.

Many comments around the ground today about the SWPL and the fact that the standard is no better than the Combo League. With just one promotion place available, club linesmen, no FA Cup and no support from the League when players are called for County duty, you can understand the frustrations of officials and supporters. We were led to beleive that level 7 standards would not change and that those in level 6 would see a better standard of football, well despite it being just 3 months in, it is clear that those stuck in Div 1 West have been well and truly shafted by the SWPL. I was all for the new set up from day one, but it is clear that those in Div 1 West have got a bum deal.

Why is it at the bottom of the pyramid, only one promotion place is available when all the way up the line you have 2 or more go up or play offs. How about the runners up in Div 1 East/West play each other for the right to face the 3rd bottom Premier side in a promotion/relegation play off, it would certainly give Div 1 sides a bit more to play for.

Gooners 2 v 7 Newquay AFC

One side slightly worse than the other, Newuaqy only wrapped things up late on as the match was 2-2 with 20mins left. The matched turned when Newquay brought on the impressive pairing of Adam Bromley and Paddy Rushton (these 2 must start from now on), Liam Dingle worked his socks off and Shaun Middleton scored twice in an otherwise dour match. The highlight of the afternoon was that the ref was knocked out, the ball smacking his bald head as the home keeper punted upfield after the 5th or was it 6th goal - pure comedy.

This week, Newquay entertain Torpoint at home in the (not recognised by SWPL) Durning Lawrence Cornwall Charity Cup Weds 24th Oct 7.30pm followed by Wadebridge at Mount Wise on Sat 27th Oct 2.45pm.

I would not have thought Goonhavern would have been worried about 1 up or 6 up and they don't care less about the FA Cup because they have not got floodlights !

ALL the clubs had the proposals a year before, nobody said a word, now until the next AGM at least thats the rules, you can't change them mid-season.

Goonhavern have met with the league recently and said none of the things you said so If you don't mind we will just wait and see in due course.

Phil H

"This week, Newquay entertain Torpoint at home in the (not recognised by SWPL) Durning Lawrence Cornwall Charity Cup"

You realy should get out more Judge, all we have said is its not a first team competition and as such we won't list it on fixtures or results that we send out etc, also the football association SAY that its nota 1st team comp for the purposes of match suspensions.

Thats the first I have heard about it Judge, I for one don't want to get relegated !!!!!!!!!! I was in the team that gotus into senior football and dont want to see it wasted.

agree about the game today Newquay would have felt agreieved not to have won today but at 2-2 with 20 mins left we still cant believe we lost 2-7. As for Alan Hoon, it was the fourth goal and I just turned and hit the ball up field and it hit him on the head before i could shout out as he was wrting down the goalscorer near the centre circle, although he did go down quite easily !!!!!!!!!!!!! The only time i hit the ball straight all day..............

Guest Helston Patriot

it couldn't of hit a better ref! altho jim o'brien would give him a close game! Absolutely poor today and baffled both teams with some outrageous reffin!

You realy should get out more Judge, all we have said is its not a first team competition and as such we won't list it on fixtures or results that we send out etc, also the football association SAY that its not a 1st team comp for the purposes of match suspensions.

Well Phil, the Durning Lawrence Charity Cup has been going strong for 102 years, far longer than any other league or cup competition in the County, it is recoginsed by the Cornwall County FA and as far as any clubs are concerned, has always been a first team fixture. So tell me, why does the Devon biased SWPL recognise the much younger St Lukes Bowl competition, is it because Torquay, Exeter and Argyle compete in it ? Both counties already have Senior Cup competitions and now the League cups have merged, so why does Devon get priority ?

Goonhavern may not wish to enter the FA Cup but I am sure Newquay, Porthleven, Penzance and others would love to, they have the facilities but places were withdrawn AFTER the league was announced and applications were made - we were stiched up. Dodgy linesmen(women) are a constant pain when they are opposition club officials/members, this cannot be right for a senior league. The standard of football has dropped, as a lot of players moved onto the Premier (level 6), thus devaluing the Div 1 (level 7) further. Foxhole may well be pleased, they have been promoted, yet for those who were Level 7 previously, this new Div 1 West is a definate relegation.

The next AGM will be fun, expect fireworks from those in Div 1 West who have been, as one chairman I have spoken with said, misled by the SWPL.

Dear Judge

You really should check your facts before quoting them - The FA allow for each club to play in ONE "Senior" County Cup competition.

In Cornwall all the SWPL clubs, Premier & Div 1 West - enter the Cornwall Senior Cup so that is their ONE Senior County Cup.

In Devon which has far more clubs those at Step 6 and above play in the Devon St Lukes Bowl, so for the Premier teams that is their ONE Senior Cup. The teams in Div 1 East play in the Devon Premier Cup that is their ONE Senior County Cup.

Clubs don't enter both (bar clearly reserve teams if they are in the top div of a feeder league) whereas in Cornwall to claisify the Charity Cup as the Senior Competition would be pointless as you would then have TWO senior competitions and that isn't allowed. Also a Senior County Cup cannot discriminate by being invitational like the Charity Cup is (16 entries only)

The FA Cup - yawnnnn - we have been through this 100 times, the FA have stopped ALL STEP 7 Clubs from entering it, its not a Cornwall or Devon thing, get over it.

The standard was meant to drop because as previously explained a thousand times the FA had highlighted one of the pyramids failings in the region being that the SWL and DCL were of too high a standard both in team and ground strength.

Personally I think its a resounding vote of confidence that clubs from beneath have joined, enjoyed it and the amount of enquiries to join has been exceptional.

Nobody has been misled, the shortage of asst referees was mentioned a year ago as a problem with rules drawn up that priority of apointments has to be premier (FA Supply league), league cup, Div 1 East/West and that was before the further decrease in numbers following the lack of recruitment (£75 to do the course now) and the CRB rules kicking in leading to others not registering this year.

Lets be totally honest here, for a minority of clubs who wanted / should have been in the Premier and are not we can see that they feel a devaluation in their experience - but for those that are in the Premier, those that have come up from below and those who had struggled previously in either old league the new West/East are a more attainable standard. So the vast majority's "lot" has been improved and the minority who may not feel that way have promotion to aim for - after all promotion and relegation are what makes a truly vibrant pyramid.

Yes Phil, you have summed it up quite well, "Personally I think its a resounding vote of confidence that clubs from beneath have joined, enjoyed it and the amount of enquiries to join has been exceptional" Of course those beneath the league will wish to join, that is natural. However, those who have been 'relegated' are far from happy.

You may yawn at the FA Cup situation but neither YOU, THE SWPL or THE FA made it clear that level 7 could not enter before 1st April 2007 and thus entries were posted. When the FA decided that 2007/8 would be level 6 and above, the SWPL did not challenge the FA, it was left to individual clubs. You could have asked for a 1 or 2 year period of adjustment rather than it being dumped on us at very short notice.

"The standard was meant to drop because as previously explained a thousand times the FA had highlighted one of the pyramids failings in the region being that the SWL and DCL were of too high a standard both in team and ground strength." Again you have contradicted yourself, when setting up the new format, you clearly stated that standars would improve with the new league, which we all assumed meant all 3 Divisions, you obviously meant just the Premier Div, thanks."promotion and relegation are what makes a truly vibrant pyramid." It would be if more than one place were available !

Guest Grandson of Jimbo

THE WHOLE OF THE SWPL WAS POORLY SET UP FROM THE BEGINNING,HOW CAN 10 OR MORE CORNISH TEAMS FROM THE OLD SWL GET RELEGATED FROM STEP 6 TO STEP 7 THEN ONLY HAVE 1 OR 2 PLACES FOR PROMOTION,THE JUDGE IS RIGHT TO KICK UP A FUSS AS NOT ENOUGH INFO WAS GIVEN OUT FROM THE DEVON FA GUY AND THE SWPL MOBSTERS. :c:

Ten cornish teams were 'relegated' because Tavistock and Plymouth Parkway, who were part of the South Western league finished above them. The South Western league was not a Cornish league. Parkway were never allowed in the Durning Lawrence Trophy as it was restricted to Cornwall. Plymouth sports coverage hardly covered it, unless it was within the circulation of the Herald and other clubs were not interested.

There were 18 SWL clubs bought into the new SWPL of which 9 were placed at Step 6 and 9 at step 7 - NOT "10 or more" !

Of the 20 Devon League teams 8 were placed at Step 6 and 12 at Step 7.

1 Western League club were placed at Step 6 as a sideways move.

Frankly if I'm to be refered to as a "mobster" its hardly worth my precious time trying to explain things on here.

:huh: Phil, I think you are wasting your time. there are people here who cant tell fact from fiction, they either dont understand the rules of the 'game' or they dont want to. They dont understand proceedures, rules or regulations, clubs are well aware of the setting up of the league. The problem would seem to be supporters, or, people who were not given the full facts by their club. They seem to think that Cornwall FA is the governing body and have no idea of the pyramid system both within the league set up or within the FA set up. Its a fantastic league and many clubs will be wanting to get into the league system at different levels.

Guest crosser

was trying to stay out of this as its just going over old ground, but personally I would have liked to have seen the split of the new SWPL as a 50/50 split of Devon & cornwall sides but as I've been previously told it was a merger of two leagues not two county FA's.

I do have some sympaphy for the judge my side torpoint were fortunate enough to squeeze in at the last minute due to porthleven dropping out and getting the result at penryn, unfortunatley at the end of last season there were various things being said about what people had concerns on and its turned out that their concerns were right.

Towards the end of lasts season i was at a Torpoint match and I said to someone involved iwith the club that it would suck if we were in divison 1 due to having club lino's etc, and that person tod me that club lino's would not be needed as the county FA's have both said assistants will be provided which now turns out is not the case, now if somebody in torpoint had been told this then there is more than a chance that other clubs were told the same.

Seems like a lot of things were said to get the league started off but not come through this season,so the teams relegated to the east & west divisions dont have the privilages they had last season and had for years,agree with judge and other comments about the devon fa `mobsters`funny that one. :ninja:

:huh: Phil, I think you are wasting your time. there are people here who cant tell fact from fiction, they either dont understand the rules of the 'game' or they dont want to. They dont understand proceedures, rules or regulations, clubs are well aware of the setting up of the league. The problem would seem to be supporters, or, people who were not given the full facts by their club. They seem to think that Cornwall FA is the governing body and have no idea of the pyramid system both within the league set up or within the FA set up. Its a fantastic league and many clubs will be wanting to get into the league system at different levels.

Indeed. If I, as a mere football fan, were aware of most of the things that the Judge is moaning about well in advance, why did he/she not know? Did the clubs not inform their fans? Did the clubs not listen to what they were being told, or perhaps not understand the implications? Did they expect the SWL to stay intact and retain privileges available to no other Step 7 league?

And as for nine clubs being relegated, technically no. The others have gone up from the old Step 7 SWL to the new Step 6 SWPL Premier. Those who have gone to the Division One West have stayed still in pyramid terms. Yes, they have lost some things like the FA Cup privilige and proper assistant referees, but those would have gone anyway - and most likely this year.

The true success of the venture will be in the number of clubs who want to apply at the end of the season. Let's wait and see.

--

Richard

In other words Richard we are all thick and its our clubs fault for not telling us we wouldnt get relegated and no assistant refs and no entry to the fa cup,what blind fools we supporters are eh ? <_<

:( I could say if the cap fits wear it - but I dont know if you are a club official or supporter. If a supporter than you cannot really expect the club to dot every I and cross every T for the benefit of all who attend football matches. You have to give some credit to those who run clubs, take decisions, manage finances, had opportunities to ask questions etc. If your club is one that is not happy or you are a supporter of a club which is not happy, then return to your 'negotiaters' and ask questions. Mind you its water under the bridge at the end of the day, as there cannot be many changes, even at an AGM as most of the rules are set by the governing body, no not Cornwall, the FA :angry:

What an amazing argument. Having seen a number of SWPL Premier and Division One West and ECPL Premier Division and Division One matches I am amazed people are saying the standard has gone down. Perhaps its glasses time.

Yes the match officials problem needs to be looked at but to be honest if football hadn't driven these officials away then it would not have this problem.

This takes me to the Newquay v Arsenal ladies match today. Some hefty challenges but not a word of dissent or threat. Perhaps mens football could learn a lesson or two from that.

If they would only leave behind their Saturday night yob culture when they enter the pitch then perhaps there would be more officials enjoying their saturday afternoon footy.

Guest Peppermint

Thanks for reminding us that it is the FA that is in charge and not the local FA - Distant Shores. After the complete abject failure of that useless body in any number of things recently eg appointment of McClaren as England Manager etc. then it is no comfort for supporters of teams and followers of football.

A message for the Judge - don't bother banging your head against a brick wall!!! See you at that SECOND RATE cup competition [Charity Cup] tie on Wednesday at Mount Wise.

A message for the Judge - don't bother banging your head against a brick wall!!! See you at that SECOND RATE cup competition [Charity Cup] tie on Wednesday at Mount Wise.

So second rate a few of us travelling down from Torpoint to suport the lads.

Better bring that scope Mark, so I can show you which end you're supposed to look in :D

Guest Peppermint

Sorry but the sarcasm and my warped sense of humour often lands me in trouble. I think the Charity Cup is a great competition and obviously Newquay would love to win it. It is also a great chance to play against SWPL opposition.

Well done to Torpoint Athletic for their great start in the League and hopefully I will meet you on Wednesday evening at Mount Wise. After Newquay's big win on Saturday they should have some confidence to give your side a good game.

Distant Shores or should I say Stuart hoping you are enjoying the good weather and I am glad you can keep in touch with the news in the South West through this excellent medium.

So Mr Hiscox, not exactly a massive majority of support for the Div 1 West on this forum then, a fair mix of comments and a good deal for the SWPL to think about before the AGM.

The FA Cup, we have to swallow, we have no choice after all.

Assistant referees, now that we understand they are in limited supply, what matches are deemed as being vital for 3 officials, is it local derbys ? top of the table clashes ? or just when 3 can be found on the same day ?

Promotion/relegation issues. Do the SWPL really beleive that those with ambition to go up to the utopia that is the Premier Division, will stand for just the Champions going up every season, when in every single other Pyramid league it is a minimum of 2 (some include play offs).

You may also wish to look into re-arranging fixtures where clubs have players called into County/Represenative sides so that we do not end up with embaressing 1-9 results again, how bad would you feel if the title went down to goal difference ?

Yes you may dismiss the Cornwall Charity Cup (because Soho Square have told you so) but for those 16 clubs taking part, it is an important competition which does a lot of good for charitable causes. As our friends from Torpoint rightly state, they are bothered and are coming to Mount Wise to support their team, and very welcome they are too.

This is a wake up call for all at the SWPL, you all thought things were rosy in the newly planted garden, well there are one or two who think you have gone heavy with the manure.

;) Judge I dont think you can say that with 4 people on this site, concerned, its a wake up call. I also think you are wrong with the one up. In fact two can be promoted to the premier. One from East and one from west. Other split leagues are the same. You really do have to learn up on the rules of the pyramid, its no good keep banging that drum because you are just driving every one up the wall and no one will listen. You appear to see only one side of the story through your red and white glasses. Give us all a break :clapper:

And how many 'relegated' to Div 1 West have stood up and shouted, we love you Mr Hiscox. 4 dissenting voices on a small forum such as this can be multiplied many times over in the real world. Yes 2 may get promoted into your lovely Premier league but only 1 from 16 can go up from each division and that is clearly wrong, even through your yellow/blue coloured specs. To keep quiet about it is exactly what the SWPL want, pretend there is no problem and it will go away - afraid not !

You see Mr Shores, I have some idea of how the system works. If they (SWPL) do not hear moans (suggestions) during the season, then come the AGM, they will say everything is fine and no changes are required. It is better to debate these things now, so that come the AGM, the correct proposals are put forward, having been well discussed in advance and can be implemented immediately (if voted for).

Of course you could go down the, lets cobble something together at the last minute just before the AGM and hope for the best situation.

It is very easy for you to look down on Div 1 West from Plymouth and comment but you are in a luxury Liner of a league compared to our boat without paddle in the West !

I must agree with Judge in as much as this Forum can draw debate and an airing of views before it becomes too late to act.

In total agreement too.

Those of us in the Premier Division shouldn't wear blinkers to genuine concerns and neither should the SWPL officials.

I'm not knocking the tremendous work that went into setting up this league, one that I was, and still am all in favour of. But, there are obviously some greviencies (sp?) and suggestions for improvement.

Any new venture will have teething problems, and they should be addressed early.

The best way is in a debate in a public and open forum.

Phil H, you are obviously a decent and extremely commited man, along with your fellow committee members, but I have to say that answering The Judges comments with "The FA Cup - yawnnnn - we have been through this 100 times, the FA have stopped ALL STEP 7 Clubs from entering it, its not a Cornwall or Devon thing, get over it." came over as very patronising.

I can back up Newquay and other Div 1 west clubs by saying, had we not gained promotion, there was no way we at The Mill would have expected standards to drop.

I don't think many would have been in support were that the case.

I agree - up to a point - as well Chairman but, in the end, it's the opinions of clubs which count and not those of the relatively few individuals who see this forum as a platform on which to express their personal views. They are, of course, perfectly entitled to hold and express their views on any situation but should not think that they stand for the majority just because a few people on here agree with them.

'You see Mr Shores, I have some idea of how the system works. If they (SWPL) do not hear moans (suggestions) during the season, then come the AGM, they will say everything is fine and no changes are required. It is better to debate these things now, so that come the AGM, the correct proposals are put forward, having been well discussed in advance and can be implemented immediately (if voted for).'

I dont think your real, your a posting by the web site to set up unsubstantiated facts, incoherrant arguments, ill informed discussions and totally bisased views.

Who will say everything is fine - who is going to put forward proposals - your not surely suggesting that this web site is classed as 'discussed in adavance'. Implemented immediately' are you assuming that you have a majority of clubs already to vote for soem mythical proposal.

'It is very easy for you to look down on Div 1 West from Plymouth and comment but you are in a luxury Liner of a league compared to our boat without paddle in the West !'

I do not look down on anyone in local football, have the highest praise for clubs and their officials. having said that your boat without a paddle wont have a problem its got a massive foghorn :yahoo:

Guest philglossop

OK enough. How about planning something different?

How about Champions of West and East Promoted. Given as of the constitution.

How about the 2 runners up play off for a third promotion spot? 1/3 gate to each club and 1/3 to the ben fund for injured players? All win, we get a potential 3 promotion spot- the league wins as in the more traditional 3 down from Premier with the border moving between East and West at the end of the season- more fluid, and an interesting final game of the season at a neutral venue?

Just a thought- Judge would that help- give the 1/3 for the benefits of the players??

This thread seems to be meandering along straight into a whirlpool.

I can see the point about only one team from East & West going up and 2 down from the premier division, but you cant have 1 each and another from a play off, it would mean 3 clubs coming down into 2 leagues. I would suggest you ask for 2 up from each division and 4 down or stay as it is. If that is the case then it would be better to have 2 more teams in the top flight anyway. Don't forget - what if the top two teams decide to take promotion and either two teams come down or eligible teams transfer across from the Western League.

Perhaps teams will not like that, who knows.

What people do not seem to understand is that you can't change the rules half way through a season, so why all the aggro.

That comes after the season has finished and you raise any rule changes at the AGM setting out or ammending the rules regarding promotion & relegation for the following season. Everyone went into this league knowing that it was going to be 2 up and 2 down.

This subject should not even be considered now when there is still 6 months to go. Far better you raise it in the last 2 months of the season and let it build the momentum. But the clubs still have to submit the ammendments not a few angry voices on this site.

But beware - be professional about it or the top table will throw out the tantrums before you have tried to make your point.

"The FA Cup - yawnnnn - we have been through this 100 times, the FA have stopped ALL STEP 7 Clubs from entering it, its not a Cornwall or Devon thing, get over it."

What Phil H and others can't understand is if the FA say no then no it is. If you don't like it take it up with the FA. And who are they but the one and only CCFA.

I would imagine everyone is aware that you can't change rules part way through a season. But I would say that in fact now is the time to get people in agreement to suggesting what needs to be changed.

So often otherwise what happens? People leave things too late.

As for the new league, well so far some interesting results; so far some new places to go; but also so far, the standard of football doesn't seem any better. :glare:

'As for the new league, well so far some interesting results; so far some new places to go; but also so far, the standard of football doesn't seem any better'

C'mon Dave get with it, of course its not a lot different, its the same players in the same teams, or some in different teams. What the step up has given Cornish clubs is, that if you now want to improve your status like Truro, you avoid the dreaded western league one.

These changes also people are thinking about, its assuming that all four top ones wish to go up and all four have the necessary step facilities, hardly a gaurantee play off every year. At the end of the day lads this is just talk, I firmly believe the majority of clubs and supporters are extremely happy with the new system. :clapper:

Whilst the fog horn is in full working order, I will continue to raise issues that concern not only myself but the vast majority of Newquays fans and officials. The Chairman may not yet say to a wider audience but those who listen to him on match days certainly know his and others in the committee rooms views. Goonhavern are quitting. Fans from far and wide that I have spoken with all have negative comments about the current set up. Yes we all know there would be teething troubles but as Dave Deacon states, better not leave it too late. The basic idea is a good one but a lot of fine tuning is needed before the MAJORITY are happy.

Valid points to which we have yet to have an answer.

1. Why were clubs not told about the FA Cup before they applied on 1/4/07

2. When does a Div 1 match warrant 3 officials

3. Why are red/yellow cards dealt with by County FAs for Div 1 and The FA at Soho Sq for the Prem

4. Why does Mr Hiscox not give an honest reply when challenged.

"1. Why were clubs not told about the FA Cup before they applied on 1/4/07

2. When does a Div 1 match warrant 3 officials

3. Why are red/yellow cards dealt with by County FAs for Div 1 and The FA at Soho Sq for the Prem

4. Why does Mr Hiscox not give an honest reply when challenged. "

This is the last time Judge as you think you have a following but you really dont.

1. Easy to make allegations, where is your evidence that clubs were not told.

2. I would think when there are enough officials

3. See my response under the Newquay v torpoint result - could I add to that reply, the player can only appeal if there is video evidence, a real coup for the premier player.

4. He does give honest replies, your like the person seeking an answer to a legal question and would ask any number of lawyers until you got the answer that suited you.

As most of you know I am a supporter of the Combo but I would think that teams such as Newquay, Wadebridge, Penzance, Porthleven, Penryn, etc, looked at the Div 1 West at the start of the season and said we are on to a good thing.

We've got a chance to win a few more games than last season as the big boys (St Blazey, Liskard, etc) are gone, there are minnow teams such as Dobwalls, Camelford, etc we can beat. More local derbies, cheaper running costs, can only help some of those clubs.

Granted these clubs will lose one or two big gates but I wonder if their average gates for the teams they have already played this season are up. With more wins under their belts, team spirit improves, teams can attract better players at Div 1 West wages levels not Prem wage levels, crowd support will go up with more wins.

I reckon the best place for teams such as Pza nd Newquay is to finish in the top 4 for the next couple of seasons to boost their squads, finaces, crowds, etc, then make a push for the top.

Judge, I support you in a lot of things but how much money does a step 7 club make out of the FA Cup and what teams do you usually come up against other than a team from Devon or Cornwall. To be trurthful there is no glory in the cup for smaller teams like Newquay and Penzance, etc unless they have strong squads which they don't.

CTB

Enough is enough, please read the first 2 words of the Judge's post (in red) it says 'I heard', this means it is not a fact or a statement it is just something that he heard or was told, he is not implying that there is or isn't any truth in it.

Stiq - I do understand this but its what went on after, a dire tribe of statements on discipline, the pyramid system etc - I would have thought that to post stuff like that on a web site which is not in the least bit accurate would cause those with some knowledge to put the man right. I was the only one to do that. perhaps your ' enough is enough' should be directed at The Judge, to check his facts, if he does get some wrong as we all do, at least have the grace to say he was wrong.

Sistant Shores wrote - This is the last time Judge as you think you have a following but you really dont.

1. Easy to make allegations, where is your evidence that clubs were not told.

2. I would think when there are enough officials

3. See my response under the Newquay v torpoint result - could I add to that reply, the player can only appeal if there is video evidence, a real coup for the premier player.

4. He does give honest replies, your like the person seeking an answer to a legal question and would ask any number of lawyers until you got the answer that suited you.

Let me answer yuour questions, something Mr Hiscox won't do in relation to mine.

1. The Newquay Secretary at the time confirmed that the club were NOT informed of the FA Cup decision and posted the £75 application fee off in good faith, as did Porthleven I believe.

2. Your opinion on how many officials are appointed was not sought.

3. Your answer bears no relation to the actual question, why do players from clubs in the same league, albeit different divisions, have offences dealt with by different bodies, surely the rules/laws of the game apply across the board.

4. I withdraw the word 'honest' from my question me lud - why have we not had a concise answer from Mr Hiscox.

As none of this concerns your club Mr Shores and unless you have a valid contribution to make for or against the comments/suggestions put forward, perhaps a little sympathy and compassion towards your fellow footballing fraternity would not go amiss. We all love the game and our respective clubs, some of us would like to see a level playing field for those who were 'relegated'. It is just 1 division that separates our clubs, yet it may as well be a million miles in terms of fairness.

Judge, sorry to butt in again!

Your point 1. Newquay (and Penzance) were still in the South Western League on April 1st, so what has your F.A. Cup application got to do with Phil Hiscox? I certainly knew it was doubtful Step 7 Clubs would be accepted so must have heard it at a SWL meeting.

Your point 3. Cos it's the Rules, black on white ( actually black on yellow!)

If anyone wants a good read, THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION HANDBOOK has every bit of information you SHOULD know about football.

Thanks John but as the SWPL had already started weave their magic I had forgotten about the good ol' SWL, although I think that they had already given up on the clubs by that point already. You were obviously better informed than the previous Newquay Secretary on the FA Cup point.

As I may have mentioned in a previous post, the subject raised, in particular the official or lack of them can be addressed at a future date by the SWPL. The prospect of promotion for more than one club could be added to the agenda too. The disparity between the divisions in how players are dealt with may wish to be looked into.

These are all concerns and I apologise to Phil Hiscox for directing them personally at him, I hold my hand up and say that at least someone from the SWPL has the decency to come onto a forum and make comment (unlike the old SWL which didn't even have a website toward the end). Once again, apologies Phil.

Reminder to self, take the pills more often and don't get so worked up, it does you no good Judge !