Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Fixtures - Saturday 7th November 2015

Cornwall Combination League
Saturday 7th November 2015
Carharrack P-P Newquay Reserves
Goonhavern Athletic (Craig Brown) 1-3 Redruth United (Ben Beesley 2, Scott Thomas)
Att - 27
Holman SC (Rory Guy) 1-4 St Just (Ashley Ellis 2, Jack Willis, Scott Meagor)
Att - 23

Helston Athletic Reserves (Mike Halibone 2, Matt Dawson) 3-2 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jacob Johnson, Jason Roberts)
Att - 50
Ludgvan P-P Falmouth Town Reserves
RNAS Culdrose P-P Illogan RBL
St Agnes P-P Hayle
St Day (Luke Leah 4, Jacob Cleverly 2) 6-0 Porthleven Reserves
Att - 35
St Ives Town 0-1 Perranwell (Dominic Pullen)
Att - 44

Edited by cornishteddyboy

Holmans v st just is ON - Ray's just done some miracles with the line marker and good afternoon in store for a competitive game and then a few social shandies after with st just and for the Holmans players reunion in the evening .........could be messy :)

St Day's goals in the 12th (pen), 17th, 41st, 61st, 70th and 77th minutes. Don't know the scorers! Closest Port came was when their No 7 hit the post with a 76th minute free kick from some 25 yards.

Such a shame to see Port reserves turn up with just 11 players and a linesman: their dugout looked disappointingly empty. I hope the once thriving club recovers.

St Day, though: the guy collecting the entry money still wanted the full whack despite my advanced years, and their tea's gone up from last season's 70p to a whole quid! Not the way to encourage spectators. Lovely banter, though, which I enjoyed. Nice to see Hoonie in the centre, he handled one or two fiery moments with the calm equanimity he never exhibited as a player; and nice to catch up with Terry Harry but I wish he wouldn't flaunt his camera which is worth more than my car is, even with a full tank of petrol and the week's shopping in the back!

St day's pitch was in super condition and it was a really fantastic afternoon for a game of footy.

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the great report, scorers were Luke Leah (4) and Jacob Cleverly (2). Glad to see you watching and that you enjoyed your afternoon as thats important. I agree with you Terry always sticking that camra everywhere!!haha

Just 1 point....cant have cheap cups of tea, cheap entry and create fantastic playing surfaces!!!haha. Seriously though spending approx £2,000 each year on our pitches, we are now seeing the benefits, that was our 40th home game today, 26th on the main pitch, since september (due to cricket). We played 22  home games last month alone. Well done to all the groundsman especially Dave Searle!!

Next time I will buy you the cup of tea Tom. Hope your well bud.

Well done to everyone that got games on today. Cheers mark

I was not at the Holmans fixture yesterday but if I tell you a certain Lino had his hand stuck in the air apparently for 90 mins and resembles Santa that should indicate whether or not Rodney made it or not. Hope he's there official linesman this season?

I was not at the Holmans fixture yesterday but if I tell you a certain Lino had his hand stuck in the air apparently for 90 mins and resembles Santa that should indicate whether or not Rodney made it or not. Hope he's there official linesman this season?

If Holmans v St Just is off can somebody please tell or text me on 07867545996 . It's a bit of a drive from Stroud. 

pitch inspection 10am......struggling to get the pitch marked the main problem need somebody to invent waterproof paint!!!!

Rodney was our Lino yesterday marksy and did have his flag in the air quite a lot, but your boys were offside by a couple of yards most of the time yesterday and he had no impact on the score. The referee was top class yesterday and he had no problems with either linesman or from both sets of players.

all the best too holmans who are a good bunch of lads and always good for a pint or two after.

Rodney may have had his hand in the air but I think it was down to a very well organised back line and no complaints from us......well apart from the scoreline. St Just had the 3 points within the first 25min and we disappointingly let in a few easy goals that we should have defended better. 2nd half was better from us but when it looked like we might have an opportunity to get back into it at 1-3 but the 4th 8min from time sealed the win. Good to see the st just lads in the bar after and they are without doubt the most social team we play and I hope the mini bus is back on the road soon - Holmans drowned their sorrows with a brilliant players reunion and the club was bouncing late into the night........I think I tried signing a few on!!!!