Cornwall Football Forum

falmouth town 0 helston athletic 4

goals scored by:

liam eddy 2

domo 1

justin miles 50yards

another great result by helston away to a very strong falmouth team.

10 out of 10 wins for helston :clapper:

:thumbsup:

Mullion 1 v Newquay 1

Both goals in first half. Newquay's scored by Marcus Smith.

A great surface so no excuses for so many chances missed (again) for Newquay. Good spirit from both sides who fourght for every ball.

Mullion's keeper made some unbelievable saves to keep us out.

Mullion have some good young players and if they keep the core together for another year or too will push up the table.

Newquay players felt like it was 2 points lost but any points away from home are gratefully received.

St Agnes 0 v Porthleven Reserves 3

Dan Stidwell hat-trick at St Agnes after rejoining Porthleven from Penryn.

GOOD PLAYER LOSS FOR PENRYN COUP FOR PORT. WASTE OF TIME FOR A PLAYER LIKE DAN SHOULD MOVE ON TO BETTER THINGS........

:drink:

What do you mean, " waste of time " Dan playing at Porthleven Si ? Dan is a Porthleven lad & is now back playing for his club, with his mates & trying to enjoy playing football again. I was the first to wish him the best of luck when you sorted out his move to Penryn & i was the first to welcome him back. Dan is a quality goalscorer but, despite what you feel, he has never proved himself at combo level ! Hopefully he will be able to do that over the rest of the season. Unless of course you phone some other SWPL manager & tell them how good you think he is & what an asset he would be to their team !!!!

Think you should just concentrate on keeping hold of the asset you have at your club & leave my players alone ! :angry:

St Day 2 Penzance 0

St Day dominated the early exchanges in this effectively 6 pointer.

With players back from injury St Day look a more settled side and are looking to push on this season and consolidate their status in senior football.

The Saints were the best side for most of the first half creating several chances, but found themselves up against the goalkeeper and a centre half in inspired form. The end of the first half belonged to Penzance who piled the pressure on but were denied by some great defending and excellent goalkeeping by myself (well you got to blow your own trumpet sometimes).

Half-time 0-0

It was much the same in the second half the, but the game swung our way when super sub Danny Watts replaced Dan hinge on the hour. After a long punt up field by goalkeeper Paul Hoskins the Penzance defenders miss read the flight of the ball and Danny Watts slipped in to slot under the advancing goalkeeper with virtually his first touch of the game. Danny Watts then turned provider four minutes later when his low cross went through a crowd of players and found Adrian hart on the edge of the box unmarked who unleashed an unstoppable effort into the top left-hand corner. St Day continue to put pressure on and were unlucky not to get a third goal when a pile driver from Scott Jones whistled just wide of the post.

Penzance, under new manager Jeremy Ede look to be a good solid outfit and I am sure as the weeks go on can become a formidable side.

St Day entertain Probus at home in the senior cup next week.

Illogan 1 - 0 Perranwell

Illogan were well worth this win and unlucky not to win by more. Game was played in good spirit and hard as you would always expect against a Perranwell side.

Excellent games from Mark Miler and Brayer, MOM was Elly who managed to keep Perranwell's super striker quiet all game which is no easy task as that guy can win a game on his own.

Illogan visit Perranporth in the league Cup next week (I think)

Also havent seen it posted but think Holmans won 3-1 dont know who against though.

BLOODY HELL JUMP DOWN ME THROAT FELLAS. I JUST POINTED OUT THAT IN MY OPINION DAN SHOULD BE GIVING IT A GO IN THE HIGHER LEAGUE. I THINK HES GOOD ENOUGH THATS WHY WHEN PENRYN ASKED ME IF I NEW A GOOD STRIKER WHOM WANTS TO PLAY HIGHER I TOLD THEM HIS NAME. AS YOU KNOW TO WELL KEV M8. HE WONT GET MUCH OF A CHANCE IN THE 1ST TEAM AT PORT...... HE NEVER HAS...

I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO PENZANCE.....

MY PLAYERS ARE GOING NOWHERE Y WOULD THEY............

WELL APART FROM TWIG OUR 2ND TEAM KEEPER APPARENTLY ON HIS WAY DOWN THE ROAD TO YOU GUYS

Yes i can confirm that holmans won 3-1 against penryn with a super strike from frazer cadman on his return to holmans plus 2 from andy hill a good overall performance from holmans,but the ref didnt have the best of games.

Guest Helston Patriot

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP (Preliminary Round replay)

Helston Athletic v Sticker (extra time and penalties if needed)

Winner will meet Lanreath in the First Round

In case anyone didn't know the First Round draw is as follows :

Bude Town v St Ives Town

Holmans SC v Roche

Padstow United v Kilkhampton

Perranporth v Illogan RBL

Polperro v Godolphin Atlantic

St Columb Major v Biscovey SSC

St Day v Probus

St Just v Perranwell

Sticker or Helston Athletic v Lanreath

Colour code

ECPL (Red)

JCCL (Green)

North Devon League (Blue)

Matches to be pl;ayed on Saturday 27th October 2007, Kick-off 2.00 pm. Extra-Time of fifteen minutes each way if necessary. Replays, if required, will take place on the opponents ground on Saturday 3rd November 2007, Kick-off 2.00 pm with Extra-Time of fifteen minutes each way if necessary. In a replay if the scores are level at the end of Extra-Time, the tie shall be decided by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with F.I.F.A. instructions.

PIPE AND SMOKE IT

Guest Helston Patriot

I've always said enjoy the ride and Enjoy the highs when they are there :thumbsup: ! Still 28 games to go so anything could happen :unsure: ! I'll never be as bad as Firthy was last season on here! :D

10/10 ismy birthday ;)

Thats cool Kev thanks. If you want to pass any numbers on then please do bud. Ive told all my players if they wanna move on they can. I won't stand in there way if they don't wanna be at Helston I don't want them. Thats how you picked up a few from me pre season and I think Helston ar likewise from your good self. I'm not biting I use this site for info and a bit of fun and to voice my views and opinions which I have u seem to rise to Breasley comments to easily m8. Its all a bit of fun. It was only yesterday I sent you a little heads up warning that a certain player at our club was trying to drop you init. I didnt have to do that but I did as I thought you were a m8 and all you every seem to do on here is diss me cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan did give it a go at a higher level with penryn and for one reason or another has left and joined us at port... he may give it a go again we dont know.. end of story... whether he stays or not is down to him... like you said winno it is a coup for port.. but i dont agree with you saying its a waste of time.. theres a couple of players you have that could be playing a higher level but its there choice to play for you. doesnt mean its a waste of time!

I think you all know what I mean. A bit like your good self Chris m8. Great player youve gone back home to play 1st team. I say no more

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Peppermint

Whilst risking incurring the wrath of Paparazzi and being threatened with expulsion from the Forum I cannot see anything wrong in Winno expressing an opinion. After all what is the Forum for but to encourage discussion and banter!! Everyone is entitled to their opinions and that is what makes the Forum so interesting.

I know some people in authority with Leagues and County FA.s etc. get very touchy about criticism but if you cannot stand the heat then get out of the kitchen. I know I incurred the anger of the Peninsula League Secretary by daring to voice an opinion over a matter.

Dosen't that last post make you feel all warm and cosy! Winno and Kev kissing and making up! Take it easy lads, remember the fun we had at Port in the 2000-01 season. Didnt finish that well, but we had some damn good socials (so I was told, I was mainly in a bucket all season). Good luck to both of you for the rest of the season. Pleased to see you both doing well. ######

Me and Kev are m8ts. We fell out when we played together, we feel out when I played for him and now it aint gonna change we will fall out in management. Dont mean anything really..

xxxxxxxxxx