Cornwall Football Forum

Gladiators - are you ready?

Ooops-I havn't got the 2015-16 SWPL review book yet

Naughty boy Mike, you didn't read my post. It would have saved you some embarrassment ! 

As I have been doing detention I have come up with these stats on Bodmin

Since the formation of the SWPL 2007-15 Bodmin have lost a mere 34 games (15 at Priory Park and 19 Away) from 305 games played

Biggest defeat at Priory Park 4-1 v Ivybridge 2014-15 Biggest defeat Away 5-0 at Buckland Ath. 2009-10

Most wins v Bodmin -Torpoint 4-Plymouth Parkway 4-Tavistock 3-Falmouth 3-Ivybridge 3-Witheridge 3

3 clubs have completed a league double over Bodmin -Godolphin 2013-14 (2-0:1-0).Witheridge 2013-14 (2-1:2-1)-AFC St.Austell 2014-15 (3-0:2-1)

I stand to be corrected Dave & Nick lol

Edited by Mike Odgers

Attendance at Poltair tonight 606

It falls short of the Premier Division record of 682 when Plymouth Parkway entertained Saltash in 2013-14 season

The highest ever Peninsula League attendance was 737 at Mount Wise, Newquay in their derby with Godolphin in 2008-09 which was a SWPL Division 1 West fixture

Edited by Mike Odgers

Well we lost the plot and our discipline, however Nanks is right more than half the season to go yet. The boys certainly got a kick up the backside tonight. Their 1st half performance shows they can do it, come on lads move on. 

I wouldn't say your side lost their discipline Nick - just fouls which warranted cards in this day and age. What would concern me more if I was a St Austell follower is how the side didn't adjust when going a man down. Or perhaps it was just down to a very good opposition because how often do you see a side with a man short step up their game.

11 v11 town had slightly less possession but didn't they look dangerous on the break . Went 1-0 down could of gone 2-0 but a saving tackle by Giler saved them . Town then went on to make it 3-1 and had chances to increase it to at least 5 !  Second half Bodmin came out strong again with more possession but it was town who had the best chances with slates and Edds going close . Then the 1st sending off , 2 yellows , totally deserved , the 2nd bordering on stupidity and the game was only going one way from then . Long way from over  , can see town going on a unbeaten run again and anyone watching can see that Bodmin have weaknesses especially at the back ! 

AFC St Austell 3 Bodmin T 5
Adm £5 Att 606

Excellent entertainment in front of a huge crowd for a Step 6 game.

Bodmin took the lead after 3 mins before the league leaders turned things round to lead 3-1 at the break and seemingly in control. Second place Bodmin thought otherwise and their cause was helped with a sending off for AFC (2 yellows) early on. A straight red for an AFC sub late on made a home comeback impossible. Another AFC sub had been redcarded earlier without entering the game for saying something to the lino.

The only cover at the ground is a bench seated stand which, although well elevated, is designed in such a way that a good view of the pitch is probably only available from about 3 seats. This didn't stop it being fully occupied with people escaping the rain, but as that was only of the drizzly sort I was quite happy to view from the far side.

Refreshments taken in the local 'spoons, which is above average for the genre and supportive of Cornish micros, finding room today for a Cornish Chough Brewery beer alongside their festival ales.

Was there another Red Card?

Copied from a report on the Tony Kempster site

(This post was edited by mick on Oct 23, 2015, 10:39 PM)

Edited by Mike Odgers

Well Well!! I have a feeling this forum is going to be quiet for a while! After taking an early lead we decided to give St.Austell abit of a chance & let them get 3 goals.....just to make a game of it really. Then in the second half Bodmin 'went through the gears' & scored 4 times! Excellent ref last night, officiated the game well. For the SECOND time this season Bodmin 'pulled St Austells' pants down!!:yahoo: