Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC vs Bodmin Town FC - Tues 13 Oct 7.30pm

Saul Halpin played forTorquay very good player well he was when i saw him play at Truro Going to be a cold night going to  wrap up for the footy tonight be nice to see Newquay beat Bodmin would help the G but i will stick to my 4 -1 win to Bodmin Carter 3 and Richards Jordan Annear for the Peppermints 

I decided to leave this 1 sided match with 15 mins to go with the score 6-0 to Bodmin  because to be honest Newquay where very poor and having Sam Cooper sent off for handball on the line was harsh the ref could of just given a penalty but wouldnt of made much difference Bodmin are a class act and tonight they really showed how good they are last week vs the G Rocky Neale couldnt hit a barn door tonight he took the door off its hinges with a brilliant display and Mr Carter was his usual brilliant best but the whole Bodmin team where awesome .In the Newquay team the only player i thought had a good game was Sam Fearon who battled really well Jack Bray EVANS thought he could beat the whole Bodmin team on his own and lost the ball every time poor Newquay got to play St AUSTELL next week hope they go easy on the peppermints unlike Bodmin who where ruthless of what i saw 6-0 when i left but i had to leave i forgot my glasses and my eyes where getting very sore and Smokie had enough lol . It just goes to show how superior the G are at the moment to Newquay but they will get good again but the defence was a shambles tonight Bodmin could drive a bus through the middle tonight with or without Sam Cooper .The bench that Bodmin had tonight was class as well with Ryan Richards and Jordan Dingle there and they didndt have Simmons playing tonight but his deputy Lance Bailey was brilliant . Well done Bodmin class act all over the pitch . Hard luck on Newquay MOM for them Sam Fearon Bodmin the whole team Men of the match C arter got a hat trick so i got that right 4 goals for Rocky neale 8-1 to Bodmin 

Edited by 100%cornish
put the final score in

Ref bottled sending a Bodmin player off inside the first minute and didn't book any of their players no matter what they did, game was lost after 10 min when the ball went over the line and the Newquay captain handled it, ref should've just given the goal, instead he sends Cooper off and awards a penalty, very poor officiating,  even the away support agrreing, although Bodmin did show their class and are my league favourites.

Am not usually critical of officials in print but this was a joke. As Cf74 says, Nqy player through on goal, inside the box, get pulled back, refs waves play on. The sending off for Cooper was even worse. Most thought the ball had crossed the line but didn't see a handball. The ref awards a pen, shows a red card but when the Nqy players appeal for the ref to consult the lino .. he agrees with ref. Strange how the lino did not flag for a goal or a handball which he surely should have done if he saw either! Pathetic. GAME OVER.

Edited by baldy

Am not usually critical of officials in print but this was a joke. As Cf74 says, Nqy player through on goal, inside the box, get pulled back, refs waves play on. The sending off for Cooper was even worse. Most thought the ball and crossed the line but didn't see a handball. The ref awards a pen, shows a red card but when the Nqy players appeal for the ref to consult the lino .. he agrees with ref. Strange how the lino did not flag for a goal or a handball which he surely should have done if he saw either! Pathetic. GAME OVER.

Brilliant!! The player intentially hand balled it, end of, sending off offence. How you can blame the officials when you were smashed 8-1 is laughable. The G lads ( & lady!) Must be laughing into their cornflakes! We should of racked up 12/13 goals & it would not of flattered us. It was Men against boys from start to finish, now pull those Pants up! 16 goals against local rivals in last couple weeks ( Blazey & Newquay) shows either we are very good or the league is getting Poor. Credit to ground staff at Mt.Wise, looking great.

it was never a penalty  in the 1st minute no one touched Bowyer i think it was he got his feet in a tangle and fell over it was right in front of me and its no good making excuses about the ref Newquay where just so poor last night and where out classed by a very good team need to do better next week and make lots of changes like bringing Tom Vercoe back in goal and give that lad Saunders a chance from the reserves a game he cant stop scoring .

Game ruined in first 15min, a clear penalty and a red card in the first minute, ref bottled it. Fluke deflection for first Bodmin goal, then Cooper gets a straight red. I honestly thought the ref was going to give the goal (ball looked over the line) til he pulled the card out and awarded a pen for alleged handball, Lino wouldn't have seen a spaceship land, was five yards behind play all night, Game over !

Credit to the Newquay lads, was always going to be difficult against Bodmin, but they never gave up despite the officials. How the ref didn't find his yellow card for various fouls throughout the game still puzzles me, he must have remembered he had it in his pocket late on, he booked Middsy for kicking the ball away. Yes Bodmin found it easy against 10 men, the passing was crisp but against a side who were up against it from the first minute, it was no surprise.

Away supporters ? Mousehole had more in the ground than Bodmin, four from Trungle Parc watching in advance of Saturdays cup match. Nice to see Lee Rickard (St Dennis) winning the 50/50 prize of £57. Floodlights on two thirds power due to the fusebox problem caused by Western Power, still the brightest in the County !

Never mind, we move on and look forward to visiting our favourite other team on Saturday, before St Austell visit next Tuesday.

Dont Blame officials, without them there would be no beautiful game! Face it, you got humiliated end of!!

So you would have been happy with the Ref if those decisions went against you so early on ?  He ruined the game, Newquay had no chance to show what they might have been capable of. Bodmin may well have won the game 11 v 11 but when it was 11 v 13 and then 10 v 13, the game became a farce. Loudest cheers of the night ? When Newquay finally were awarded a free-kick and the consolation goal right at the end, pathetic away support for a side who are title challengers.

Edited by Nemesis

Referee was poor Nemesis and even the Bodmin Bench were surprised that the penalty wasn't given. I think 11 v 11 would of been a great game, Newquay as I have said before will cause teams problems. Newquay will continue to make good strides on an of the pitch as its a well run club with an excellent manager. Best of luck for the rest of teh season.

With regards the Bodmin support we are up 20 per cent on home games and we are working toward getting the general interest up. But its difficult previous regimes certanly alienated alot of local support. I think i would suggest about 20 Bodmin supporters were there last night which would you belive is a significant rise in previous seasons away matches. We are trying to to the right things on and off the pitch but it takes time.

Hope your well Mark

Regards

JAMES MM  

Mind when Newquay came to Bodmin a few weeks ago there were more away flags in the grandstand than away supporters 

Didn't realise that your blindness also stretched to not seeing 40+ Peppermints fans at Priory Park, guessing those rose tinted glasses you wear don't adjust to night time that well !

Well done Bodmin, you can only beat what is in front of you, you did that very efficiently... once your man of the match in black helped you out !

Mind when Newquay came to Bodmin a few weeks ago there were more away flags in the grandstand than away supporters 

Didn't realise that your blindness also stretched to not seeing 40+ Peppermints fans at Priory Park, guessing those rose tinted glasses you wear don't adjust to night time that well !

Well done Bodmin, you can only beat what is in front of you, you did that very efficiently... once your man of the match in black helped you out !

Table does not lie Mark, we have beaten most infront of us, except your neighbours up the road. Having a hald decent following doesnt mean you will have agood football team! :mellow:

Why are you so biased Nemesis it was never a pen Jack Bowyer had lost control of the ball and went down i expect you was down the bottom end near the clubhouse because it was just me and Smokie dog Mayfield end never a pen i bet even Jack would say he wasnt touched but it was harsh to send Cooper off it looked well over the line from where i could see it before Cooper  handled it but no way that decision changed the game . Lets see what happens when St Austell turn up next week i will predict my score now 6-1 to St AUSTELL 3 for Liam Eddy 3 for Neil Slateford i hope Newquay do put on a better display than last night just admit they where very poor .Bodmin where faster in everything they did they managed to pass to there own players while Newquay kept giving the ball away to the Bodmin players maybe it was the floodlights where too bright . Hope Newquay do well for the rest of the season and Bodmin will take some beaten but would x to see the G win the league or the St Austell lads who are a lovely lot .Smokie looking forward to seeing you on tues especially Neil, Lee and Jason his no1 fans lol 

Well Steve, you are still the only one who doesn't think it was a penalty. Thank you James for a more unbiased opinion. We know you will work hard and do the best for your team. Despite denials, I still think Leeds is part of your team. Talk about a 1-trick pony. He must be a really good conversationalist (not).

It was a blatant penalty, defender was the wrong side and the striker had the pace to keep control of the ball even away supporters and players suggesting so, end of. Bodmin would've probably won 11vs11 as they have real class in team and bench whilst Newquay are still growing with players stepping up from other leagues as well as having a very young team. Agree with 100% regarding Sanders, although it depends on if the players has desire to step up especially with the reserve team top of the league. Decision should be overturned with Cooper's red card but probably won't without video evidence which is a shame as its a big miss just because of some below awful officiating.

i know what i saw and i had a better view than anyone else in the ground because no one else was down the end where the suppose penalty was not given He Fell over he saw this big lump Kevin Miller charging out and he thought bugger that im only a little fellow im  going down he can have the ball . No good criticisng the ref he was only doing what he saw and we dont want to drive anymore away theres not enough anyway now and the refs i have seen at the GS GAMES have been excellent so if you think you can do better take a course . How could the Bodmin supporters say it was a pen they where at the other end no way was it a pen thats the end . Best team won could of scored even more Miller had a easy night i was wandering why he got a deckchair and his slippers out for the 2nd half and propbarly told Carter and Neale to slow down in the 2nd half 

i know what i saw and i had a better view than anyone else in the ground because no one else was down the end where the suppose penalty was not given He Fell over he saw this big lump Kevin Miller charging out and he thought bugger that im only a little fellow im  going down he can have the ball . No good criticisng the ref he was only doing what he saw and we dont want to drive anymore away theres not enough anyway now and the refs i have seen at the GS GAMES have been excellent so if you think you can do better take a course . How could the Bodmin supporters say it was a pen they where at the other end no way was it a pen thats the end . Best team won could of scored even more Miller had a easy night i was wandering why he got a deckchair and his slippers out for the 2nd half and propbarly told Carter and Neale to slow down in the 2nd half 

I was at that end and could see where you were 100%cornish, as much of a Bodmin supporter as I am I was expecting a penalty to be awarded by the referee and was surprised when he deemed it not to be a foul, I could not see what happened when Bodmin got a penalty and Newquay were reduced to 10 men as it was at the other end of the pitch. To be quite honest beforehand I had expected a goal or two in it not eight. That's all I have to say about that.

it was never a penalty  in the 1st minute no one touched Bowyer i think it was he got his feet in a tangle and fell over it was right in front of me and its no good making excuses about the ref Newquay where just so poor last night and where out classed by a very good team need to do better next week and make lots of changes like bringing Tom Vercoe back in goal and give that lad Saunders a chance from the reserves a game he cant stop scoring .

100%cornish you are right the defender never touched jack bowyer, because it was Jordan Annear that went through, I'm glad your view was so good. I spoke to him after and he told me that he got the other side of the defender, ran across him and waited for the touch which came. If it had happened in the middle of the park it would have been a free kick. Sam's hand ball was way over the line before he touched it, so very harsh. Couldn't blame any of the goals on peters. Got to say, that Bodmin side is one of the best sides I've seen in a long time.  Not a weak link anywhere. Even the subs that came on blended in superbly. Hard to see them not winning the lge

love your comment tribute will definitly bring my glasses for the st austell match and plumb crazy jason peters kept the score down to 8 but i reckon Tom Vercoes more of a presence in goal and has a height difference and Jason must have a sore back at bending down to pick the ball out of the net ok enough said onto the St Austell match next week 

love your comment tribute will definitly bring my glasses for the st austell match and plumb crazy jason peters kept the score down to 8 but i reckon Tom Vercoes more of a presence in goal and has a height difference and Jason must have a sore back at bending down to pick the ball out of the net ok enough said onto the St Austell match next week 

I bow to your knowledge. One game at a time, on to mousehole