Cornwall Football Forum

Fred Kemp RIP

Saddened by the news of Fred's passing yesterday. Anyone who has been lucky enough to be part of the Perranwell family over the years will know Fred and his lovely wife Rachel who made the best cup of tea in the west for many years at the ground. True club stalwarts and Fred is also the dad of Perranwells greatest ever striker Dave Kemp who played most of his career at the club scoring about 40 goals season after season. Thoughts are with Kempy and Rach and will miss seeing Fred in his favourite West Ham scarf at the ground.

Saddened by the news of Fred's passing yesterday. Anyone who has been lucky enough to be part of the Perranwell family over the years will know Fred and his lovely wife Rachel who made the best cup of tea in the west for many years at the ground. True club stalwarts and Fred is also the dad of Perranwells greatest ever striker Dave Kemp who played most of his career at the club scoring about 40 goals season after season. Thoughts are with Kempy and Rach and will miss seeing Fred in his favourite West Ham scarf at the ground.

Rappo thank you very much for your kind words as my mum and dad thought the world of you ... Not sure I was Perranwells best !!  I don't think I could compete with the likes of yourself , Dominic Pullen and some 14 year old that started his senior journey at the Well .. Martin Gritton ... I did only play for Perranwell as I was born there and so was Fred .. 

Dad was a perfect gentleman who will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him .

I would like to thank Penryn AFC for the minutes silence in memory of dad today , we all at the Well are so lucky to have such great friends at Penryn and we were well beaten today by a lively young team which I wish all the success for this coming season . 

Rappo on behalf of the family thanks for those kind words. It's a total shock for all of us at this time but it's good to know that Fred was held in such high regard in many circles.  maybe Rachel could start making  those cups of tea again . Rip Fred and God bless.