Cornwall Senior Cup First Round Saturday 10th October

Cornwall Senior Cup First Round 2pm ko

Bodmin Town 4 Falmouth Town 0

Dobwalls 1 St Austell 8

Edgcumbe 2 Saltash United 3

Godolphin Atlantic 3 Hayle 1

Lanreath 2 Illogan RBL 7

Launceston 11 St Ives 0

Liskeard Athletic 4 Ludgvan 4 (Ludgvan win on penalty kicks)

Mevagissey 1 Bude Town 2

Morwenstow 3 Redruth United 3 (Morwenstow win 4-1 on penalty kicks)

Mullion 3  St Just   1

Padstow United 2 Goonhavern 3

Penryn Athletic 5 Perranwell 1

Pensilva 2 Polperro 2 (Pensilva win 4-1 on penalty kicks)

Roche 1 Newquay 9

St Blazey 5 St Teath 2

St Dennis 1 Mousehole 2

St Dominick 2 Porthleven 4

St Stephens Borough 2 Helston Athletic 6 (AET)

Sticker 3 Penzance 0

Torpoint Athletic 1 Callington Town  0

A few possible upsets here. Edgcumbe can beat Saltash i feel, Dobwalls can also be a tough one for St Austell.  Also St Stephens Boro, they upset St Blazey on their 3G pitch a few years ago, so Helston shouldn't under estimate them.  The beauty of the Cornwall Senior Cup!

Best of Luck to all teams involved. I'm torn between 3 games to watch, Edgcumbe (right on my door step) or pop in to Torpoint for what promises to be a good game or a short trip up to Lux park to see the ever improving blues!  Either way, im sure a great weekend of football is in store.

Why is there a 2pm ko? It certainly gives me no chane of getting there at this time having to drive 30 miles to Bodmin. Not leaving work until 1pm it is impossible. Another Cornwall FA decision that only they know the reason. Just to remind them it is not dark until 7pm so it allows plenty of daylight for extra time if it is at 3pm !

Why is there a 2pm ko? It certainly gives me no chane of getting there at this time having to drive 30 miles to Bodmin. Not leaving work until 1pm it is impossible. Another Cornwall FA decision that only they know the reason. Just to remind them it is not dark until 7pm so it allows plenty of daylight for extra time if it is at 3pm !

I disagree, it's getting darker and darker and if it's a dull day then 2pm allows for adequate light in my opinion.

I disagree, it's getting darker and darker and if it's a dull day then 2pm allows for adequate light in my opinion.

Nonsense. 3pm KO is absolutely fine! at the latest the game will be finished by 6! 

A few possible upsets here. Edgcumbe can beat Saltash i feel, Dobwalls can also be a tough one for St Austell.  Also St Stephens Boro, they upset St Blazey on their 3G pitch a few years ago, so Helston shouldn't under estimate them.  The beauty of the Cornwall Senior Cup!

Best of Luck to all teams involved. I'm torn between 3 games to watch, Edgcumbe (right on my door step) or pop in to Torpoint for what promises to be a good game or a short trip up to Lux park to see the ever improving blues!  Either way, im sure a great weekend of football is in store.

Cant see any upsets there, St.Austell will put 4/5/6 on Dobwalls, Saltash will win comfortably against Edgcumbe, St Teath could not raise a team last week for a league fixture, no matter how poor St.Blazey are they will Win at Blaise Park. Liskeard/ Torpoint should be a close game, maybe even a draw?

If Ludgvan and St.Ives travel with full squads available and play like they can, they'll give Liskeard and Launceston difficult games.  Hayle have got some good young players as well but obviously Godolphin are a team we all respect for what they've achieved in the last ten years but they could do themselves proud without repeating the 2-0 win at Torpoint last season. Good luck to all the Combo teams today.   ?

Edited by RAPPO

surely an hour is plenty time to drive 30 miles??

Just noticed its a 2 30 ko at the G vs Hayle hope the G rest a lot of there players because dont want any of them getting injured especially Sean and Jamie goin for a 6-0 win to the G today good weekend for sport with Wales vs Australia in the rugby on later then the footy with Wales needing 1 point to qualify for next years Euro tournament also Argyle on sky tmmrw away at Notts County so thats me sorted 

Helston should think themselves lucky that they're in the next round, with Boro being 2-1 up Helston equalized via a handball which initially the referee had correctly disallowed, but for then to change his mind & award the goal. In extra time with the score still being 2-2 Boro should have been awarded a blatant penalty but the appeals were waved away, Helston's fitness then showed & they pulled away.  Boro should be proud of themselves as they gave their Peninsula opponents a major fright by playing the better football while Helston resulted in playing the long ball for most of the game 

Edited by The Boy

Penryn 5-1 perranwell

luke Brabyn, David broglino, Kevin Lawrence will Harding and Greg Hobbs with the goals. 

Best of luck to perranwell for rest of the season and all from penryn send their deepest condolences to Dave kemps dad who passed away yesterday we had a minutes silence today 

ref well by Ryan cournelius not a lot for him to do mind 

Is there anywhere online that I can view the results of today's CSC ties? There doesn't seem to be anything on the Cornwall FA's website. 

I think I have the answer to this. The CCFA and FA send a SMS text out for secretaries to send in via text the result and then that automatically goes on the website.  It worked last week for the Junior Cup and FA Vase. But today I did not get a text sent to me from the CCFA with codes etc to send the text in with the result. Has this gone down again....

Robbie Morris

Torpoint Athletic Secretary. 

Edited by The Windmill On The Shirt
spelling

St Dennis 1-2 Mousehole (AET) 

evenly contested game between 2 of the wests unbeaten teams in the league, chances either end, with Mousehole scoring the winner in extra time with a poor decision between centre half and goalie, great game for spectators, all the best to Mousehole in the next round 

Helston should think themselves lucky that they're in the next round, with Boro being 2-1 up Helston equalized via a handball which initially the referee had correctly disallowed, but for then to change his mind & award the goal. In extra time with the score still being 2-2 Boro should have been awarded a blatant penalty but the appeals were waved away, Helston's fitness then showed & they pulled away.  Boro should be proud of themselves as they gave their Peninsula opponents a major fright by playing the better football while Helston resulted in playing the long ball for most of the game 

you forgot to mention the fact that Helston hit the woodwork three times in the first half and should of been out of sight by half time and why not praise your keeper in your report because he was by far the best player in your team and as for Boro playing the better football we will just have to beg to differ. Good luck for the fest of the season

you forgot to mention the fact that Helston hit the woodwork three times in the first half and should of been out of sight by half time and why not praise your keeper in your report because he was by far the best player in your team and as for Boro playing the better football we will just have to beg to differ. Good luck for the fest of the season

Smiler, 

'The Boy' has no affiliation to St Stephens Borough - I believe he is with a Plymouth based team - just there watching the game! 

You're expected to have more chances and play better football considering you're currently 5th in Peninsula Prem, almost 40 teams higher than us and pay your players to play! We can be proud to have almost caused an upset but for a controversial decision very late on to take it to extra time.