Cornwall Football Forum

tv link to Nalders sunday league

.......I hear on the grapevine that your very hard working League secretary David James has all but tied up a deal with Channel 4 TV to feature clubs from the NALDERS SUNDAY LEAGUE in a 10 part programme on grass roots football around a number of locations in England . :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The programme will be fronted by the legendary outspoken BARRY FRY !!!!

It is looking for " characters " from the clubs both on and off the field , following your working day to relaxing in the evenings to the build up to matchdays and the game itself .

I suggest that if your club would be interested in this venture to contact Dave in the near future as filming starts in the next 4-6 weeks .

One more chance for the League to PROMOTE the name of the sponsors NALDERS. :clapper: :clapper:

Brilliant! I really hope this comes to fruition. For a while now, there has been talk of promoting grass roots football in the media and if Channel 4 do come down to West Cornwall, I think they'll be surprised at the quality of the football and the commitment of the players to turn up at a sodden, sloping mud bath at 9.30 on a Sunday morning! Well done David James!

• 1 month later...